Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Cyborg has left the thread*
I know that’s a popular one to bring up and I get it, but that’s different for a number of reasons in my opinion. For one thing the 2017 Justice League was a failure. The figures that were made were a lot of pre-existing figures slightly tweaked (for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman at least).

Cyborg would have been the most difficult character to make given he would be completely unique and there wouldn’t be anything to re-use.

When the Snyder Cut finally released Fischer was on the outs with WB/DC so they probably didn’t want new merchandise of him hitting.

Also like I say it’s different with a film versus a tv series as a tv series can run for a longer period and thus promotion through merchandising is encouraged longer.

If you absolutely only want to get one, then I say Hunter. You would have a display of clone leaders with Rex, Cody, and Hunter which leaves you open for future commanders if/when they do them.

I really like Echo and the figure looks great, but Hunter's simplicity in comparison is not a bad thing. I like that it's pretty much commando armor aside from the helmet.

Plus it's implied that Hunter has a history with Cody and there's mutual respect there, so it seems a natural fit to have him with both Cody and Rex.
Solid advice, thank you

Bad batch will likely be around for several seasons to come so I doubt HT is done with them just yet. I expect we’ll get the rest of the team. Omega and Wrecker are the outliers with their unique sizes. HT has needed a kid body for some time now. I could see Omega and Wrecker even being a 2 pack. 2 packs hide some of those costs better. Maybe $550 for the pair of them?

Not sure about Crosshair. I guess it depends if he joins the team again or not. But the other three will probably happen.

TBB is looking at multiple seasons, that give Hot Toys years to get the full squad out. I'm confident we'll get the full squad

Am I being optimistic? Yes I have to be lol

It would be typical of them to make an incomplete lineup, certainly.

Lack of teases for other CF99 members seems to be a good indicator others are likely not happening, but they may also be taking a wait and see approach to gauge demand.

Crosshair, at least, would be easy to do as most parts are shared with Hunter.

Tech would require more work, but at least he's normal sized.

Wrecker is the one that feels least likely, even though they could use the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian body.

They seem to be taking it slow with clone armor variants, otherwise I'd expect the Imperial Elite Squad trooper to be an easy figure to do.
Crosshair looks the most different from them all in terms of his face/head though, so more work to be done there.

I think the biggest hurdle holding them to complete the whole squad would be the utilization of Morrison hs for Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair. As for Echo and Hunter, I think Hot Toys nailed the realistic expressions perfectly...but for the rest of other members, I have no idea how would they do it.

I think the biggest hurdle holding them to complete the whole squad would be the utilization of Morrison hs for Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair. As for Echo and Hunter, I think Hot Toys nailed the realistic expressions perfectly...but for the rest of other members, I have no idea how would they do it.
Microwave the headsculpt for 10 seconds for Tech and 20 seconds for Crosshair and squish them in a bit. 30 seconds for Wrecker but only on one side.

Jokes aside, if they can do the pale and emaciated Echo headsculpt justice with all his implants, then the wrest shouldn’t be too difficult.

In every single photo they're selling the impression that they will, with their logo slapped on the red image of all five characters, as if those are the figures and not just from the animation.

150206o5p5yp4gl4755444.jpg

It would be typical of them to only make two out of five.
Well 3 is the magic number so I'd like to see Wrecker being made while the other two could sink into oblivion lol , judging from empirical experience with how phenomenal Heavy Mando turns out, Wrecker would be an awesome clone display.

Well 3 is the magic number so I'd like to see Wrecker being made while the other two could sink into oblivion lol , judging from empirical experience with how phenomenal Heavy Mando turns out, Wrecker would be an awesome clone display.
Agreed, Wrecker would look awesome knowing how well the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian was made.

I'd have preferred Wrecker over Hunter, and then the third one could've been Tech since Crosshair is spending so much time apart from the Batch.

If I had to rank the order of looks:
1. Wrecker
2. Echo
3. Crosshair
4. Hunter
5. Tech

If you absolutely only want to get one, then I say Hunter. You would have a display of clone leaders with Rex, Cody, and Hunter which leaves you open for future commanders if/when they do them.

I really like Echo and the figure looks great, but Hunter's simplicity in comparison is not a bad thing. I like that it's pretty much commando armor aside from the helmet.

Plus it's implied that Hunter has a history with Cody and there's mutual respect there, so it seems a natural fit to have him with both Cody and Rex.
What about Rex and Anakin going on a special mission to save Echo ? There's definitely more history there than Hunter.

So looks like you'll need both @ScoutingForToys

What about Rex and Anakin going on a special mission to save Echo ? There's definitely more history there than Hunter.

So looks like you'll need both @ScoutingForToys
You’d need the convention exclusive Skako Minor Echo for that. :lol

Yes, it certainly goes without saying Echo and Rex have history going back to TCW so it is an appealing option as well.

But Hunter and Cody have a solid mutual respect in their brief interaction that I really liked, and Hunter develops a solid relationship with Rex through their arc as well.

Last edited:
I extremely like couple of first episodes of Rex, Arc-trooper Jesse with the Bad Batch when they infiltrate the Separatists outpost to seek information on Echo in the Clone Wars SS7, that's enough to hook me on with the entire squad.

Back