Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

SOU7567

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Got a delay e-mail earlier tonight

At least I got a 15% off coupon with it.

freeze320

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
……
82D14917-8EF1-4AF3-9F1A-E2921FB7565F.jpeg

freeze320

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
AD151240-D636-4ADD-A668-6EFA6492F206.gif

everything gets delayed lately, but that seems like a particularly steep one considering it said “june 2022” not too long ago. if that’s accurate that really sucks.

Hoody999

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reaction score
These continuous delays are really killing my interest in being a Hot Toys customer.
Yep join the club. The fire is going out. And because HT has no connection with customers it'll be years before they realise what's going on.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Glad I’m not the only one. Probably why I’m waiting for a few more figures then I’m done
I’m at the point that I’m willing to wait to Windu, Padme, Fives, Wolffe and Bespin Han. I think I’m just going to buy figures from other companies now. Hot Tot has officially killed my enthusiasm, unfortunately.

dblaze

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
That's pretty bad if Sideshow charged people for this figure (including shipping & Tax) without actually having it in hand to ship. I like buying from them but I'd be highly upset to pay the remaining balance for the figure if they don't plan on shipping it for 30+ days...

SOU7567

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I’m at the point that I’m willing to wait to Windu, Padme, Fives, Wolffe and Bespin Han. I think I’m just going to buy figures from other companies now. Hot Tot has officially killed my enthusiasm, unfortunately.

Think that is a good call. Focus elsewhere for a bit and when characters come out that you want, jump back over.

I think most of us have gotten frustrated with this company, unless it is a trooper, everything gets delayed and that has gotten old, on top of all the rehash's they've done lately, my interest has waned.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
I mean there’s always been delays with Hot Toys. I'm not quite sure why some are acting like it’s something new.

Doesn’t make it less annoying but it’s been a thing for a while and anyone who’s been collecting should know.

noheddardstark

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
That's pretty bad if Sideshow charged people for this figure (including shipping & Tax) without actually having it in hand to ship. I like buying from them but I'd be highly upset to pay the remaining balance for the figure if they don't plan on shipping it for 30+ days...
Did they charge for Hunter? I know they charged some people for Echo but I hadn’t heard that about Hunter.

Hoody999

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reaction score
Don't really get that logic. You're paying for it at some point anyway, so why not have it all done a couple of weeks before so they can send immediately, rather than wait to send money etc etc ??

dblaze

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Don't really get that logic. You're paying for it at some point anyway, so why not have it all done a couple of weeks before so they can send immediately, rather than wait to send money etc etc ??
Because in this case it would be longer than weeks. I'm personally not a fan of letting organizations hold my money for extended periods of time without gathering some type of interest...
I always preorder with a security deposit, but don't ever pay for it outright until its nearly on the way.

Did they charge for Hunter? I know they charged some people for Echo but I hadn’t heard that about Hunter.
Sorry, I was referring to Echo...

Hoody999

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reaction score
Because in this case it would be longer than weeks. I'm personally not a fan of letting organizations hold my money for extended periods of time without gathering some type of interest...
I always preorder with a security deposit, but don't ever pay for it outright until its nearly on the way.

Sorry, I was referring to Echo...
So what sort of interest are you missing out on ? Let's do a little calculation,

Remaining balance = $100 (I'm feeling generous)
Interest rate = 5% (again I'm feeling generous)
Time = 6 months (again generous)

Money you are "missing" = 100x0,05x0,5 = $2,50

I'd bet any of those 3 numbers above are a lot lower in reality.....but go ahead and spend your saved $2,50 wisely.

jaztermareal

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
The Democratic Peoples Republic of England
How to avoid cancellations when you delay product and fear competitors in Asia will steal your customers: charge final payment then announce the delay. Also pressure HT to do simultaneous releases if at all possible. That should counter those pesky Asian resellers!

I see these changes in how Sideshow has been doing things over the past 2 or so years (expiring rewards, smaller reward codes given, excessive shipping costs, etc etc etc) and it all screams of financial troubles. They are doing what they can to stop competition and are charging earlier and earlier to get money in. Question in my mind is: are they too big to fail or are we all in for a shock?????