Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm viewing it a bit like Rebels or Clone Wars. Both of those unfortunately took a season or two to iron out the wrinkles and really get rolling. I'm assuming this will be the same case here. With that bit of hope I cut S1 some slack.

I usually cut most Season 1 shows slack, it usually takes time for the writers and everyone involved to get things going and into the direction they want to take things.

Also they'll see the reactions from fans and identify what worked and what not.

I'm viewing it a bit like Rebels or Clone Wars. Both of those unfortunately took a season or two to iron out the wrinkles and really get rolling. I'm assuming this will be the same case here. With that bit of hope I cut S1 some slack.
Exactly this. Filoni's shows tend to take a bit longer to get into their stride. The really good stuff usually starts occurring about halfway through the second season, then the best stuff kicks in from the third season onwards. Let's hope his live-action debut hits the ground running.

Come to think of it how much involvement does Filoni actually have in the Bad Batch? I feel he's been in more of a background supervisory role in this one, rather too much direct involvement.

I believe he’s less involved, he’s higher up at Lucasfilm now, I don’t think he’s hands-on with this like he was TCW. He’s not the head writer nor supervising director, which he was for TCW. And executive producer is more of a token nowadays, can mean anything.

I believe he’s less involved, he’s higher up at Lucasfilm now, I don’t think he’s hands-on with this like he was TCW. He’s not the head writer nor supervising director, which he was for TCW. And executive producer is more of a token nowadays, can mean anything.
He's literally the creator of this show though, he also co-wrote the first episode. He's the showrunner, he absolute oversees this entire project.

He could have a guideline on where he wants the show to be taken and then have certain episodes he wants to write himself. If you look at the episodes that he wrote in Rebels, they're honestly the best episodes of the entire series.

He could have a guideline on where he wants the show to be taken and then have certain episodes he wants to write himself. If you look at the episodes that he wrote in Rebels, they're honestly the best episodes of the entire series.
So the stuff he didn't do are probably all the side filler missions :p

Wondering if we’re going to get the rest of The Bad Batch team aside from Hunter and Echo. I’ve been thinking about pre-ordering the two recently, but I would like to have the full team. Kind of hoping we’ll get some more reveals closer to season two’s release.

Wondering if we’re going to get the rest of The Bad Batch team aside from Hunter and Echo. I’ve been thinking about pre-ordering the two recently, but I would like to have the full team. Kind of hoping we’ll get some more reveals closer to season two’s release.

I agree, it would be nice to get the whole team but Hot Toys has a bad track record with that. I’m okay with getting just Hunter and Echo, but it’s not ideal.

Crosshair is still the most likely since a prototype was shown and he shares parts with Hunter. 3/5 would be better than 2/5, at least.

Maybe closer to TBB Season 2. It’d be nice if Hot Toys surprised us with Tech and Wrecker when the new season comes out, but I’ll keep my expectations realistic.

I have a bad feeling Hot Toys won't make all of them, as MyenShi said, they don't have a great track record with getting through lines to completion.

Personally speaking, I'm probably ok with just getting Hunter. I have no interest in Echo from Bad Batch..I have a one figure per character rule and I'd much rather wait and hope for an ARC version of him. So, if I do get Hunter (and he looks really good), I'll probably just display him with Cody since Hot Toys is dragging their feet on giving us 212th troopers. Oh how I yearn for a Waxer figure.

I’m sure we’ll get crosshair since they have a prototype and they’ll need something to solicit when s2 comes out. Wrecker and tech on the other hand…

Personally I've got a feeling that they'll do all of them. With approx 2 per season it is in line with say Marvel shows.

Of course it depends somewhat on the shows success and the sales of the current figures (as always) but I personally have a good feeling about these guys.

They're a really cool looking group in the collection.

Personally I've got a feeling that they'll do all of them. With approx 2 per season it is in line with say Marvel shows.

Of course it depends somewhat on the shows success and the sales of the current figures (as always) but I personally have a good feeling about these guys.

They're a really cool looking group in the collection.
That’s my thinking too. There probably wasn’t a big rush to make them all at once since the show will probably be active for a while. Hopefully we’ll get Crosshair this season and maybe the others if we’re lucky.

I can’t remember the Crosshair prototype, was he Imperial or BB? Might be another reason they are waiting for the new season, in terms of his character arc.

Back