Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
10987581_792739957471561_6851409856268238259_n.jpg

I'd rather have original sarah and Kyle
First

Although if they make Kyle with his 1984 clothing (ie original film) I might buy that for a custom

Last edited:
Dunno when they're gonna fit this in.

Interested to see a sculpt of 60+ yr old Arnie - maybe they'll use the MMS117 head with new hair :monkey3

Re:pic of T:G Endo

Give us one of these first.

You mean it wouldn't bother you if they made that instead of a new Endo based on the original design?

What a waste of effort (if they even follow through with it ). No way would I be caught dead having Pops, horse teeth/bikini Endoskeleton, dragon girl Sarah, Courtney Reese or Asian T-1000 in my collection. How do they even have time for this crap? Or did they just glom up on it so other companies couldn't do it?

Instead of going with this license, they should make more T1 and T2 figures. Original Kyle Reese, a proper Endoskeleton, John Connor, etc.

No interest in anything from this movie. More T1 stuff, please.

Yes.

What a waste of effort (if they even follow through with it ). No way would I be caught dead having Pops, horse teeth/bikini Endoskeleton, dragon girl Sarah, Courtney Reese or Asian T-1000 in my collection. How do they even have time for this crap? Or did they just glom up on it so other companies couldn't do it?

Instead of going with this license, they should make more T1 and T2 figures. Original Kyle Reese, a proper Endoskeleton, John Connor, etc.

It's even more of a shame that in T:G the original 1984 T-800 doesn't get a chance to get his punk clothes - if he did, it might have been an excuse for Hot Toys to make a figure of him with their new headsculpt size and aesthetic. Get things consistent.

I actually expect to never get a single perfect T-800 figure from Hot Toys but with parts from multiple figures combined I could put together something as close to perfect as can be got.

Like how adding the pants and boots from MMS238 has really brought up the MMS136 to another level for me, possibly making it my favorite figure. Only problem is the head is from their more outdated view of Arnold's face. Though I'm almost afraid to ask for a new headsculpt, who knows what they'd do with his hair this time. Also it could mess up what I think are very good T1 head/body proportions on the MMS136 as it stands.

I'm in for ArnOLD and that's probably it.

I hope they instead continue with the new trend of sculpting Arnold's likeness. winkwink

:lol :lol :lol

Bleurgh.... Guess it was inevitable, really.

My interest in this right now is zero...like others, I'd much rather see a Michael Biehn Reese and original endo re-release.
I can see why they may do an older Arnold figure, but even that I doubt I would get. I guess I'm against anything that craps on the original movie. Can't help it...

It's even more of a shame that in T:G the original 1984 T-800 doesn't get a chance to get his punk clothes - if he did, it might have been an excuse for Hot Toys to make a figure of him with their new headsculpt size and aesthetic. Get things consistent.

I actually expect to never get a single perfect T-800 figure from Hot Toys but with parts from multiple figures combined I could put together something as close to perfect as can be got.

Like how adding the pants and boots from MMS238 has really brought up the MMS136 to another level for me, possibly making it my favorite figure. Only problem is the head is from their more outdated view of Arnold's face. Though I'm almost afraid to ask for a new headsculpt, who knows what they'd do with his hair this time. Also it could mess up what I think are very good T1 head/body proportions on the MMS136 as it stands.

:lol :lol :lol

After all the great Arnold T-800 figures (favs being MMS 136 and DX 13), I don't care if we never see another Arnold Terminator from them again. I love the line up I have from Punk to Police Shootout to Uncle Bob to Damaged Steel Mill (and every look I have in between). I'd obviously buy any "updated" T1 and T2 Arnold they make, but like we've discussed, the inconsistencies from figure to figure would just be even more evident and frustrating. I'm content with what I have, even with squashed heads, weird hair lines, google eyes, odd body proportions, etc. Sure, they all vary and don't look like the same "guy", but I'm just thankful I have them. Even with the negatives, they've all been solid releases in their own way.

Hoodie Old man "Pops" is a definite no-no though. That would be a shelf tainter in my opinion. I'd sooner have T3 Battle Damaged on myself. Atleast it would look cool and not be an old, cheesy ass, has been Arnold. What will really grind my gears is if they make an '84 Courtney Reese. I could see Hot Toys hitting that out of the park in terms of clothes, body proportions (Courtney is way more buff than Biehn ever was) and headsculpt. That's just the sort of thing I could see them doing.

This movie looks like the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

Back