Hot Toys Superman 1/6 figure broken neck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argonautika

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have the original Hot Toys 1/6 figure of the Christopher Reece Superman figure. As I was packing today for an upcoming move his head fell off and that was when I noticed that the neck joint that the ball socket goes into is cracked and broken. I’m relatively new to collecting and completely ignorant of repairs. Does anyone have suggestions for a fix? Is this a piece that can come out and be replaced? If so, where does one go about for replacements? Any help would be appreciated. The piece has some sentimental value and I would very much like to get it fixed. Thank me in advance.

That was a common thing on this figure. It's a replaceable neck socket, if you search "1/6 scale neck adaptor" or "socket" on eBay something should come up. You could try onesixthkit.com or maybe Black Ops Toys as well. The part's pretty easy to find.

As mentioned above, it's an extremely common long term problem with this figure, along with the cracking "S" emblem. Thankfully all you need to do is swap out the parts with a needle nose plier and gently pry out the cracking adapter, being careful not to force the pliers to potentially scratch the neck.

As mentioned above, it's an extremely common long term problem with this figure, along with the cracking "S" emblem. Thankfully all you need to do is swap out the parts with a needle nose plier and gently pry out the cracking adapter, being careful not to force the pliers to potentially scratch the neck.
That’s good. So it is not something where I will need to take apart the whole body? I had found a YouTube video where that was the solution someone was showing.

That’s good. So it is not something where I will need to take apart the whole body? I had found a YouTube video where that was the solution someone was showing.

Not at all. Simply insert the pliers into the neck hole and try to grip the old adapter as best you could and pull it out. Keep in mind that the adapter might break but that's okay. Once it's out, place the new adapter in and make sure both ends click with their respective ball sockets. Sometimes I use a microfiber cloth to hold the head and push it back in, depending if it's putting up a fight. I think I've replaced 5 of these for friends in the last 10 years lol.

Yea , that one video went way overboard. You just have to take the peg out, put the peg back in. That’s all it takes.

Back