Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Stormtrooper Commander Figure (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint one pauldron black and the other white. Bang, you have a few cool sandtroopers!
Hah. If I had such disregard for the little (and not so little) details, I wouldn’t spend so much money on such toys would I :)

Last edited:
I can’t help feel that that neck peg is way too long if you remove the pauldron to get a normal grunt.

It is. That’s been a common complaint with releases using the RO trooper. But if you futz with the helmet and armor a bit, it’s not too bad.

Most of the releases with that figure back during Rogue One had a pauldron so they probably made the neck longer to accommodate that.

TK-14057 orange, two pack orange/black, Jedha Patrol white = 4 pauldrons; only the single clean trooper didn’t have one.

Whats best way to make the head sit lower? Maybe shorter peg on ebay?

To be fair now that I have the two out of the box and one is the grunt, I think I can live with how it looks. It’s not as annoying as the horizontal line on the helmet. Glad I got two.

Hah. If I had such disregard for the little (and not so little) details, I wouldn’t spend so much money on such toys would I :)
Disregard? I really don’t see your point here. Many have painted their sandtrooper pauldrons black/white with amazing results. Can’t see why one wouldn’t be able to do so with this guy.

But the weathering is pretty unique, especially on the helmet, which will most definitely disturb the more detail-obsessed collectors when buying multiples.

Disregard? I really don’t see your point here. Many have painted their sandtrooper pauldrons black/white with amazing results. Can’t see why one wouldn’t be able to do so with this guy.

But the weathering is pretty unique, especially on the helmet, which will most definitely disturb the more detail-obsessed collectors when buying multiples.
Because stormtrooper and sandtrooper armors are different. Simply painting this guy’s pauldron, and throwing him next to the sandtrooper will not turn him into another sandtrooper. If that’s not enough point and too nit-picky for you, then I don’t know. If I went for costume approximation, I’d go with SH Figuarts (which I also used to collect for a while) and be done with at a quarter of the price or more.

944074E5-6E4F-48ED-AF35-104075965668.jpeg

😃 Woohoo, here we go... I'm in!

I wish I had bought about 15 or 20 of those Stormtrooper Han figures.
I had 4 of those.
now down to 1.
Same with Darkside Anakin
Anotoys in the Philippines had a lot of them instock in January 2020.
I was dubious at first so only ordered an Anakin cause of how cheap he was at the time.
It came through so I ordered the Han Stormie.
All are sold off now except the 1 of each in my collection.

I have a couple of these and am considering paying around USD 360 for a used TK-14057 MMS392. Apart from the backpack are there any real differences? I’m not convinced it’s worth $360 when I can get another of this Mando Squad Leader version for half the price.

I have a couple of these and am considering paying around USD 360 for a used TK-14057 MMS392. Apart from the backpack are there any real differences? I’m not convinced it’s worth $360 when I can get another of this Mando Squad Leader version for half the price.

TK-14057 comes with a Rogue One specific pauldron, RO T-21 rifle, and the backpack.

The weathering is different, there’s no scar on helmet, and there’s some quality control improvements on the new figure like changes to the material that attaches the drop boxes to the belt.

If you want TK-14057, you want it mainly for the backpack and/or rifle. If those aren’t as important to you, it’s probably not worthwhile to get although it is a fantastic figure.

Last edited:
Back