Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Stormtrooper Commander Figure (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The long scratch across the front of the helmet is really off putting to me. Has anyone tried removing it with diluted alcohol or some other technique?
Agreed 100%. I wanted to pull the trigger on this but that very odd choice to scratch and color the front of his helmet like that is just so distracting especially since it isn't even screen accurate.
Yes, I saw someone on Reddit successfully removed the long scratch on their second figure but I didn’t catch how.

it is screen accurate though

Attachments

• C68837FC-AD24-4B5D-B1ED-5A3737AA3108.jpeg
    C68837FC-AD24-4B5D-B1ED-5A3737AA3108.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 83
Agreed 100%. I wanted to pull the trigger on this but that very odd choice to scratch and color the front of his helmet like that is just so distracting especially since it isn't even screen accurate.

it is screen accurate though

Yep, was going to post this as well. It is technically accurate to this specific trooper.

This figure has a weird level of extra accuracy to it (eg. specific design, OT E-11 instead of RO) that I wish other figures had.

But at least they removed the sculpted bump from the prototype which was a bit too much.

The long scratch across the front of the helmet is really off putting to me. Has anyone tried removing it with diluted alcohol or some other technique?

@endo1 tried with just IPA and it didn’t come off. It’s under a clear coat so removing the clear above the scratch has to come off as well.

A mild abrasive would be easiest. I’d probably try a one step compound/polish if I were doing it.

Magic Eraser is basically fine sandpaper so that would be why that worked.

@endo1 tried with just IPA and it didn’t come off. It’s under a clear coat so removing the clear above the scratch has to come off as well.

A mild abrasive would be easiest. I’d probably try a one step compound/polish if I were doing it.

Thanks, under the clear coat is a definite deal breaker for me then. I was leaning against them anyway because I hate the RO stormtrooper design. But I kinda want a couple stormies to go with my Mandalorian figures, wish I bought more of the ROTJ version when they came out. Hope to see the ESB version drop but it doesn't seem likely we see them anytime soon.

Hey @TurdFurgusonsHat...

@MyenShi is correct... Straight out of the box, I removed the pauldron from one of the pair of Troopers I got, and I did try to use 93% IPA and a Q-tip to remove the scratch, but it quickly became apparent that it's under the gloss clear coat of the helmet. So, I decided to deal with it later. I'll wait and see if I feel its really going to be an issue.

The IPA treatment worked on Captain Rex's armor for those who wanted to remove the extra weathering due to that layer sits on top of the white armor paint. However, I like Rex just the way he is, so I left the armor alone.

If someone wants to cut through the clear coat and remove the scratch, they'll want to restore the gloss finish, at least buff out the area some, or even hit the helmet dome with some clear if possible?

Last edited:
Thanks, under the clear coat is a definite deal breaker for me then. I was leaning against them anyway because I hate the RO stormtrooper design. But I kinda want a couple stormies to go with my Mandalorian figures, wish I bought more of the ROTJ version when they came out. Hope to see the ESB version drop but it doesn't seem likely we see them anytime soon.

I understand. There will always be more Stormtroopers, so I hope they release something that's more to your taste in the future.

Maybe ESB TKs for the 50th anniversary in 2030. I'm half joking but that time frame seems more likely, all things considered.

Yep, was going to post this as well. It is technically accurate to this specific trooper.

This figure has a weird level of extra accuracy to it (eg. specific design, OT E-11 instead of RO) that I wish other figures had.

But at least they removed the sculpted bump from the prototype which was a bit too much.

I may have to try and test these Magic Erasers...🤔

They *did* do a great job on accuracy, but they did make the helmet just a *touch* too soft somehow, which may be a by-product of scaling it down -- you lose some definition in the ridges around the eyes which renders both OT and RO helmets more 'friendly'.

They *did* do a great job on accuracy, but they did make the helmet just a *touch* too soft somehow, which may be a by-product of scaling it down -- you lose some definition in the ridges around the eyes which renders both OT and RO helmets more 'friendly'.

A 12” tall human is also less intimidating than a 72” one, making the Lilliputian Stormtroopers less threatening and more friendly as a byproduct.

Although getting shot at by a 1/6 scaled blaster would probably still hurt.

Over time.

If they hit you.

Last edited:
Too bad these figures can't rise their legs an inch so you are stuck in strict museum poses unless you do something with rubber under the armor.

Too bad these figures can't rise their legs an inch so you are stuck in strict museum poses unless you do something with rubber under the armor.

You must have missed all the action pose pics throughout the thread. Plenty of non-museum posed shots with the legs bent as far as a troopers would actually go.

Dammit I wish I saw this yesterday, I would've picked it up.

I got an e-mail from Sideshow about it, but only on one of my e-mail accounts signed up for their newsletters. I've noticed the older e-mail doesn't get some of the newsletters and alerts they send out. You may want to unsubscribe/resubscribe or use a different e-mail.

Back