1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I like that. I usually forget some threads where I mentioned something and wanted to see the response of others to it.

I would like to respond that more focus be to the OT of course!

Marvel I only get the big name characters, in SW, you want all the background aliens that are seen for 2 seconds!

Same! I'm not here often so it is nice to see if I'm having a conversation with someone and I don't sign on for a few days, I can pick it up.

See, I have all these wild expectations and I think HT should be addressing ALL variations of SW at the same time: some Mando stuff, ok cool but also some OT stuff, some TCW stuff - just mix it all up! I do think they have this tendency to focus on one thing for too long, in any franchise.

Meanwhile: Iron Man variant #18,572. They should just create a whole new company JUST for IM, and then everything else could get some love from HT Central.

lol now we get notifications when people like or respond.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more Mando…down the line, I just want more focus on the OT, PT and TCW for awhile.

Yeah I like that. I usually forget some threads where I mentioned something and wanted to see the response of others to it.

I would like to respond that more focus be to the OT of course!

Marvel I only get the big name characters, in SW, you want all the background aliens that are seen for 2 seconds!

It looks like you can change the settings so you'll only get notifications when people reply to your posts and mention you in a post bij using @ followed by the username. That way you won't get notifications anytime someone posts in a thread you are following. That was a bit much for me.

Anyway, back on topic; I'm definitely getting the Kuiil figure. Don't need the Blurrg though. They just don't look cool enough I guess. From their appearance to their name, I found them to be a bit whimsical or something. I have to say they grew a bit on me during season one, but not enough to want one on my shelf. Now if it was a Dewback, that would be a different matter...

Still can't believe we're getting this guy !! With a friggin Blurrg !!

Now for the long long wait.

I also can't believe we're in the current place with Hot Toys delays. Back in the day you could count the delays on one hand. Hulkbuster (which is understandable considering how technically complex that thing is) and Drax which who knows why exactly. Anything from wrestling likeness rights to tooling. But these days, wow !! Out of control in a BIG way !!

Perhaps they've also lost sculptors or painters ?? I know the chinese can often swap jobs quickly for more money. Hopefully that isn't the reason here.

I think it'll take Hot Toys a good while to recover from this backlog now.

Hot Toys Summer Showcase:

1k.jpg

I really gotta order a Blurrg one of these days once I catch up on all my orders. Is it just me or is the Blurrg either too big or is Kuiil too small. I recall his legs while riding the Blurrg looked longer on screen.

I really gotta order a Blurrg one of these days once I catch up on all my orders. Is it just me or is the Blurrg either too big or is Kuiil too small. I recall his legs while riding the Blurrg looked longer on screen.
Looks like one or the other. His feet should be just above the eyes of the Blurrg:

816F9EFD-13FD-403B-B96C-72D8184AB492.jpeg

Yeah. Blurrg could do good to be scaled down a bit and Kuiil scaled up a bit. Oh well, just glad we’re actually getting him.

Looks like one or the other. His feet should be just above the eyes of the Blurrg:

View attachment 533507
C'mon guys just looking at that picture Kuiil's legs look disproportionately long compared to his torso. Remember Kuiil has a lot of CGI. So they probably just left an actors legs in place there.

Mando's feet are also just above the eyes, and Kuiil and Mando are clearly not the same height.

This pic of HT Mando on Blurrg seems correct. So I'd say the source material in this particular pic is wrong due to no CGI correction or whatever.

I was planning on printing a Blurrg initially, and my research showed they were about as tall as Mando. So imo HT got it right.

1m.jpg

Agreed that the legs look a bit long in the still from the show. Something still looks off about HT Kuill in comparison to the Blurrg to me. Could be the legs are too short still or that it’s not possible to pose the short legs well, or naturally, on top of the Blurrg.

Agreed that the legs look a bit long in the still from the show. Something still looks off about HT Kuill in comparison to the Blurrg to me. Could be the legs are too short still or that it’s not possible to pose the short legs well, or naturally, on top of the Blurrg.
Yeah looking closer at that pic of the HT Kuiil on Blurrg, his behind definitely isn't sitting right down on the back of the Blurrg. He probably needs wider hips to get around that which would look stupid if he were standing.

This was always going to be an issue i guess. Not enough articulation to sit naturally. Which is no mean feat considering most 1/6 figures can often not even sit on a chair let alone a Blurrg.

I'll probably have my Kuiil standing next to his Blurrg.

Last edited:
76dphk.gif

YkP7KnI.jpg

6zyfyt.gif

Kuiil the (staunch pragmatist)Sancho to Din Djarin's (idealist dreamer) Don Quixote of the Mandoverse.
When Mando got the Beskar spear I almost died :lol Wish Kuiil was around to see it.

Last edited:
Back