Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine that Lothocat sitting at the feet of Kuiil. And Kuiil in a recliner by the fire, reading a storybook to bundled Grogu. And the frog- I don't why theres a frog, its just there for some reason.

That frog will never see the outside of the box, since if he did he'd instantly be gone. I know me. Its why I left the whole Black Series Grogu in his package: every bit of that would vanish into the netherworld, including Grogu himself.

I would be down with swapping the frog for the eggy container.

:rotfl

Its too much of a money maker. No way they're gonna give that thing away. They know people will buy a whole figure for it.

Probably wont happen since that Jawa set is still sitting around at full price, no deals, no free shipping or anything.

Hot Toys must have FO stormtroopered that set, and they will do it for this one too.

Good point. But it is still relatively new, as a release. If there are tons sitting in the warehouse, they may eventually discount them.

They really need to add that egg container!

Completely agree. This sets really needs that. I?m guessing they?re saving it as an accessory for season 2 Mando though.

I think a lit egg container would have been enough for me to order this set. As it stands, not feeling the need for it.

Yeah there's a number if things that could be added. Egg container, soup bowl, shift knob, frog eating head, a little spider thing, space macaroon.

That frog will never see the outside of the box, since if he did he'd instantly be gone. I know me. Its why I left the whole Black Series Grogu in his package: every bit of that would vanish into the netherworld, including Grogu himself.

I would be down with swapping the frog for the eggy container.

That's why I luv museum putties.

I like this set; could use more frogs and another lothcat (I like lothcats). Agree about the bowl and other stuff tho. Plus a pot where Grogu was hiding Episode 1, Season 2.

Just want that lothcat. Hopefully some will pop up on eBay or something

I'm still confused as to what they were thinking by not including a full body Grogu in the set. At this price point no less. There are some neat display options and accessories, especially the cat, so I can see it being tempting to people.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

HT are really milking the baby Grogo hype to the point of overkill. The two coming with the deluxe version are enough for me in this scale...I'll wait for the stroppy teen version from season 3 or 4:)

I'm still confused as to what they were thinking by not including a full body Grogu in the set. At this price point no less. There are some neat display options and accessories, especially the cat, so I can see it being tempting to people.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I think if they included another body, they would've had to include another head. Plus there's three different releases coming with the standing Grogu, I guess they're making sure you've bought one of them.

Anyone keep count of how many HT 1/6th Grogus there are floating around now?

I think it is:

Beskar Mando/Deluxe - #1 standing body, #1 pram, #1 pram body, #1 head and #2 head
Scout Trooper Bike set - #1 standing body, #3 head
Ahsoka Deluxe - #2 standing body, #4 head (looks a lot like #1 but description says new)
Grogu pack - #2 pram, #1 pram body (I think), #1 box pram, #1 box pram body #1 head (I think) and #3 head, #1 swaddled Grogu

I think that's it? Other than the life size and the 1/4 scale Grogu.

If they were gonna offer Grogu on his own they really should've made it articulated. Bandai did it at 1/12 scale, and while it's delicate, I'm sure Hot Toys could pull it off at 1/6 scale.

How many can you stand together, not swapping heads, but counting half-Grogus that ride the pram?

5 now?

I think it's 7 if you include the swaddled one. 3 standing (Beskar Mando, Scout Trooper, Ahsoka), 3 pram/box (Beskar, Grogu pack), and 1 swaddled from the pack. The only thing I'm not sure of is the box pram body one. At first I wasn't sure if that was a separate/new body, but having just gotten the Beskar Mando, the Grogu body is wider than the box pram looks, so I think that's a different body.

Back