1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker Collectible Figure

I don't recall him ever wearing a cape in the show? Anything for them to bump the price up I suppose.

I don't either. I can't even find picture of him in a cape that aren't fan made. Maybe he wore it on the bridge in an episode or two, that is my best guess. Maybe they made a mistake and just meant his robe? But it does appear that the hologram Kenobi is holding features Anakin in his cape.

I don't either. I can't even find picture of him in a cape that aren't fan made. Maybe he wore it on the bridge in an episode or two, that is my best guess. Maybe they made a mistake and just meant his robe? But it does appear that the hologram Kenobi is holding features Anakin in his cape.

Strange, that'll be staying in the box then.

I'm surprised Disney would allow that since those are no longer considered canon.

The outfit looks really cheap looking they better fix it if if they expect people to drop $250+. I dont get why they even bothered showing this yet it looks like a ****ing kitbash. Whats the point of showing it if it wasnt ready to unveil to the public? I dont think ive seen hot toys do this before with con figures, using old heads yes but the costume as a placeholder- its a good way to get people uninterested fast. Clone wars obiwan has the same problem ****** taloring that looks like a kitbash with hot toys head plopped on top. The rest of the figures on that star wars display actually look like hot toys, but those two stuck out like a sore thumb

Out of interest, what other changes are you expecting them to make to the outfit?

If you were expecting a leather tabard then I don't think that will happen as they already had a pleather one they could have re-used but they have consciously chosen not to do so (copying sideshow). The colours also look show accurate to me. In addition, they've given him a new hair sculpt to better match a realistic realisation of the character from the earlier seasons of the show. So I don't think this was hastily pulled together at the last second.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cape / cloak added to the figure.

Both Anakin and Obi-wan have that sort of that Mythos vibe to them where they are a realistic re-imagining of multiple looks from the Clone Wars period rolled into one.

They could be futzed better though haha! And I am really not a fan of that Obi-wan sculpt.

Out of interest, what other changes are you expecting them to make to the outfit?

If you were expecting a leather tabard then I don't think that will happen as they already had a pleather one they could have re-used but they have consciously chosen not to do so (copying sideshow). The colours also look show accurate to me. In addition, they've given him a new hair sculpt to better match a realistic realisation of the character from the earlier seasons of the show. So I don't think this was hastily pulled together at the last second.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cape / cloak added to the figure.

Both Anakin and Obi-wan have that sort of that Mythos vibe to them where they are a realistic re-imagining of multiple looks from the Clone Wars period rolled into one.

They could be futzed better though haha! And I am really not a fan of that Obi-wan sculpt.

The tabard looks like **** on this figure makes whole costume look cosplay. The material doesnt look right at all, it looks cheap (even the red parts of the costume) and cobbled together with those ugly stitch lines. They should also make sure its tailored properly, if they had problems futzing with it then you know its fabric/tailoring issue. If they are going to do a clone wars anakin they should do it right or not do it at all. Its not copying sideshow its copying the source material. Sideshow doesn't own the rights to the early clone wars anakin look. Even if they did own the rights (which they don't) sideshow copied hot toys luke’s return of the jedi look so they owe them one lol

This is just way beyond typical frustration, grrrh..both this and that CW Obiwan. I'm a diehard PT fan but absolutely have zero enthusiasm about these reveals. On the bright side, Jango has a pretty good chance of finally being released after 3 *** years, pilot Luke looks gorgeous too.

Respectfully disagree with the face take.

sideshow-anakin-clone-20.jpg

A case could be made for the costuming.

I don?t know, I?ve always had a soft spot for the Sideshow sculpt, especially as a TCW Anakin. Who knows, maybe this release will drop the price on that one and I can get it cheap enough to fix up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the metallic shoulder armors. Looks better than the show.

The leather tabard does look way better though imo.

I think the worst part of this is the hair. It's shorter at the back but there's so much volume still at the sides, it looks like they took the original hair sculpt and just chopped the mullet bit off and now he's left with this mushroom of hair around his head.

I agree that the blue needs to be a different fabric to break up the surface uniformity and the collar armour needs some detail around the neck like Obi-Wan's...how would he even get that on if it's one piece? And that left hand covering needs some detail, I mean what IS that? It's just some brown material over his wrist. No panel lines, no seams, it's just a 1:1 translation of a simple stylised design and it just doesn't translate well at all.

Nanosuit. That's what collar is made of. Like IM's armor.

These are cool and a welcome surprise, but I feel like this is an instance where they should’ve gone with a more animated style like the Spiderverse figures.

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but I guess the showing of Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan with realistic face puts to rest the debate as far as what HT were going to do with other animated Clone Wars figures, in particular Ahsoka.

I guess potentially they could still do an animated version of some of the main characters, but for now it looks like it'll be all realistic interpretations.

Fine for me, as I was wanting a realistic Rosario Dawson Ahsoka that would fit with the rest of the realistic collection anyway.

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but I guess the showing of Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan with realistic face puts to rest the debate as far as what HT were going to do with other animated Clone Wars figures, in particular Ahsoka.

I guess potentially they could still do an animated version of some of the main characters, but for now it looks like it'll be all realistic interpretations.

Fine for me, as I was wanting a realistic Rosario Dawson Ahsoka that would fit with the rest of the realistic collection anyway.

Yes your absolutely correct. Ahsoka will get one at some point though, but they will wait until her character debuts in the mando tv series and use the actresses (eg RD) head sculpt as the basis for her figure in this line

Yes your absolutely correct. Ahsoka will get one at some point though, but they will wait until her character debuts in the mando tv series and use the actresses (eg RD) head sculpt as the basis for her figure in this line

Hope you are wrong. I'm kind of hoping/expecting a TCW Ahsoka to be shown later tonight.

But, you probably will be right.

I think Ahsoka is popular enough to have two versions of her up at the same time though.

I knew I remembered Anakin wearing his robe in the series. Pretty sure I read that flowing robes, gowns, etc. were too expensive to render on a regular basis.

54F08DF4-BCBE-4AD1-B02A-7C88B11A3E5E.jpg33C40B7B-79DB-4014-BCB5-3CE5D4F3E087.jpg

Back