1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker Collectible Figure

I?ll always prefer his look from Ep.III > Clone Wars but this still looks amazing, even though it still looks like the blue fabric is still a WIP.

Definitely gonna pick up, no-brain-er.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker Collectible Figure

These feel like some early protos to get the hype going.

That?s all SDCC really is. Hopefully these won?t end up in the wasteland of years past SDCC protos.

I like the shorter hair just for posing haha, but otherwise this will probably be a pass.

Cool looking figure. Huge upgrade over the old SS version. But not a need. The only Anakin I need I already have, the EPIII regular version.

Hot take: the Sideshow one looked way better to me based on that photo, has a better face and leather.

f19e7e36ace61fb82af0fe5263a1aa5d.jpg

Maybe at least I can finally get one now though.

Hot take: the Sideshow one looks better to me based on that photo, has a better face and leather.

Respectfully disagree with the face take.

sideshow-anakin-clone-20.jpg

A case could be made for the costuming.

Hot take: the Sideshow one looked way better to me based on that photo, has a better face and leather.

A better face? Are you joking?

Respectfully disagree with the face take.

sideshow-anakin-clone-20.jpg

A case could be made for the costuming.
The old paint apps are really what let that sculpt down. Here is the sculpt:

a4bbc2326147a2229ecfede7812f16f5.jpg

Not perfect but just added some colour in Photoshop and filled in the eyes. It?s really a great likeness of Hayden IMO while blending it a little bit with the TCW version of him.

6q8FRqm.jpg

Would still disagree, even in that photoshop it looks more like Cillian Murphy plays Anakin Skywalker than Hayden Christensen.

Nah Hot Toys is better, it's okay to be in denial :lol

Would still disagree, even in that photoshop it looks more like Cillian Murphy plays Anakin Skywalker than Hayden Christensen.

Nah Hot Toys is better, it's okay to be in denial :lol
Won't annoy you all with this take any more after this, just one more comparison - this "repainted" Clone Wars Sideshow sculpt clearly looks more like Hayden to me here, although with maybe a stronger chin to match The Clone Wars. Something just looks really off to me about the Hot Toys face.

kDSEGgn.jpg

Hopefully this new version looks better in other pictures at least. I've been looking forward to a Hot Toys version of this for a while now.

That's a terrible picture of the Anakin HT sculpt, looks fisheyed, doesn't look anything like that in hand.

I enjoyed my SS CW Anakin while I had it. Especially after a repaint and body change. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the HT as I'm not impressed with the HT one either. I remember being more excited about the SS one when it was released than how I am about this HT one currently. Looks phoned in just like their CW Obi-wan.

Looks awesome. Can?t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anakin also comes with swappable chest armor and his cape according to the SSC Live video.

Anakin also comes with swappable chest armor and his cape according to the SSC Live video.

I don't recall him ever wearing a cape in the show? Anything for them to bump the price up I suppose.

I don't recall him ever wearing a cape in the show? Anything for them to bump the price up I suppose.
Must be because Anakin and Obi-Wan wore capes with armor in the micro series Volume 2?

edit: beaten. Cool if they’re doing both.

This and Obi both look horrible.

Back