1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This.

Or just wait for the eventual one with the Hot Toys Battle Droid whenever they get to that.
You'd think they'd release some bloody clankahs by now. They previewed one. They like doing mechanical figures. Some people would buy two at a time. Though I don't relish the idea of buying them at $220 each if that's how they do it.

You'd think they'd release some bloody clankahs by now. They previewed one. They like doing mechanical figures. Some people would buy two at a time. Though I don't relish the idea of buying them at $220 each if that's how they do it.

I'd been waiting for the Separatist army since that preview years back with the B1, I'd get at least 3 I think, a commander with 2 regular droids.

I think they'd have to do 2 packs for the B1s right? Didn't Sideshow do that with their B1's ages ago?

I'd been waiting for the Separatist army since that preview years back with the B1, I'd get at least 3 I think, a commander with 2 regular droids.

I think they'd have to do 2 packs for the B1s right? Didn't Sideshow do that with their B1's ages ago?
They did and they were great (I had several), but that was almost 10 years ago for the first B1 Battle Droid set and collectibles cost a lot more now, especially 1:6 figures. Which are, to be fair, generally better than they were 10 years ago.

Hot Toys could do a two pack, but it'd probably be $300-400 as they'd probably charge about $200 for a single battle droid which would probably fall under their basic trooper price bracket.

I can't see them charging any less than that, justified by the paint work and the engineering that would go into it.

According to Man of Hot Collectibles, this guy got bumped up and we might see him soon, also mentioned the Coruscant Guard getting bumped up as well.

Take it as a grain of salt, just like anything else we've heard over the last few weeks.
If what you have told me is true, you will have gained my trust.

They did and they were great (I had several), but that was almost 10 years ago for the first B1 Battle Droid set and collectibles cost a lot more now, especially 1:6 figures. Which are, to be fair, generally better than they were 10 years ago.

Hot Toys could do a two pack, but it'd probably be $300-400 as they'd probably charge about $200 for a single battle droid which would probably fall under their basic trooper price bracket.

I can't see them charging any less than that, justified by the paint work and the engineering that would go into it.
Yeah, I'd say they would also definitely do a 2 pack. They never like to have anything lower than about $200. So a 2 pack brings them above that. $300-350 for 2 would be about what I would expect. $300 would be better. It's still a lot of money for some plastic though !! Sure it'd be a new body type which we'd be paying for too. So I imagine they'd come out with a couple of coloured variants.

If they price it too high people definitely won't buy as many. Imagine paying $600-700 for say 2 x 2 packs just for clankers !!

Yeah I sincerely hope they do two packs of Battle Droids when the time comes. With no soft goods, hardly any accessories, the box would feel empty with just a Battle Droid rattling around in there.

Early huh? I guess I might just pay into this shortly. I was going to get spider Gwen first maybe, but I find myself more invested in the Star Wars line, especially with clone wars era content.

I feel like the only one who wants the version without the STAP
Normally, I'd be with you, but I have a lot of Jedi, and the STAP opens up a new avenue of posing and display options, which is why I snuck in a pre-order at a comic shop a while ago.

And I think the STAP is gonna be useful when Sideshow gets around to releasing their Animated Clone Wars figures.

I feel like the only one who wants the version without the STAP
I got the Non-STAP one too. If I ever get the room to properly display all my figures, putting someone on top of that would be the last thing I'd think of. It's not something scene specific or whatever, so I don't even feel the completionism pull. Jack Sparrow with the steering wheel or Captain Harlock with his throne make sense, this... eh. I'm glad there's two options to order anyhow.

I'm very curious to see how the HT STAP compares to the SSC one. I'm sure it will be similar to the speeder bike...sturdy and well-detailed. As nice as that HT speeder bike is, I still appreciate the SSC one.

I wonder if HT will produce a STAP decked out with the movie color scheme when and if they release any battle droids?
Still like the SSC set from years back...it still looks great:

NABOO INVASION.jpg

Hope someone can do a comparison review once the HT one hits...

Same, no STAP for me. I don't have the space (or funds) for vehicles and mounts in this scale.

No STAP for me.
I have the Battle droid and STAP from SSC.
What I did order though was the exclusive version of Anakin that comes with the Cloak.
NOW that will be bad ass to pose him with at the front of the display,with Darkside Anakin further back,and then Vader behind them.
Sort of like a "this is what I will become" display.
IF ONLY they can do a ep2 Padawan Anakin next...

Back