Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well lads, better settle in. Sideshow updated the release for Rex to Sep-Oct 2021 :gah:

I dont really get whats taking so long with Rex. Its a tweaked headsculpt, a new helmet and pretty much everything else is a reuse.

I dont really get whats taking so long with Rex. Its a tweaked headsculpt, a new helmet and pretty much everything else is a reuse.

Honestly, it's still on track. Rex was always slated to be a 2Q product, so Hot Toys technically has until the end of next month to get it out. I think they probably told Sideshow it'll be an end of June release, but with shipping as it is, things have been taking much longer to get to Sideshow. It's probably not going to be the old 4-6 week timeframe it used to be. Probably 3+ months now.

Well lads, better settle in. Sideshow updated the release for Rex to Sep-Oct 2021 :gah:

BestIllinformedCrow-max-1mb.gif

This delay BS is going to get absolutely ridiculous next year when HT has about 73 Star Wars figures scheduled in Q1 and Q2.

I imagine at least some of those might be delayed. We might see a slow down in new product announcements to reflect that as well.

They'll all be delayed. It's HT! But while there will be some delays, I doubt that HT would risk any slow-down in production just to catch up with shipping backlogs. There's a reason the 1/6th economy is based on upfront deposits.

I'm inclined to believe there is also a production backlog on top of the shipping backlog.

Supply chains got upended. Working conditions are different. Everything just takes more time. It's a big domino effect.

Back