1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Echo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ve grown on me too. I was hesitant based on the episodes they had in the final season of The Clone Wars. Given their own show though and more time to develop I’m liking them more.
Yep, they work perfectly in their own show and the setting they're in where they're renegades on the run.

Their role felt really forced in The Clone Wars and they tried a little too hard to convince us that they were super special instead of properly developing them and showing us they were.

Which I understand is partly due to the limitations of the short running times and condensed arcs, but it made me really miss Delta Squad from Republic Commando.

Hot Toys Summer Showcase:

1e.jpg

Seems like helmet won't be put over headsculpt. The temporal things appear both in the headsculpt and the helmet.

Seems like helmet won't be put over headsculpt. The temporal things appear both in the headsculpt and the helmet.
Yeah. No surprise at all since that would definitely mark up the sculpt and they learned that lesson from earlier Iron Man figures, but should have included a helmet without the temporals made purely for him holding it.

Glad we saw Crosshair too. Only 2 to go, which they may keep until S2, if it gets a S2. I'd say 80% at this point.

Hot Toys Summer Showcase:

View attachment 533420

UGH STOP I CANNOT!!! ADD EVERYONE IN THE SW UNIVERSE TO MY PO LIST!! *rueful*

It seems to me like there are some serious lensing issues going on here, such as here, his legs look too short - but I am chalking that up to the picture, not the actual sculpt.

Really curious to see Hunter with his bucket off.

Have to say having completed season one I’m not exactly sure where some of the wacky accessories for Echo are coming from. I don’t remember him using most of the weird hand attachments he comes with.

Have to say having completed season one I’m not exactly sure where some of the wacky accessories for Echo are coming from. I don’t remember him using most of the weird hand attachments he comes with.
It will just be off the concept art. We may see more of his contraptions later, or we may not.
I would have liked him to come with the robot head. That would have been cool.

It will just be off the concept art. We may see more of his contraptions later, or we may not.
I would have liked him to come with the robot head. That would have been cool.
Yeah, I figured. Still though it kind of is odd that none of those attachments were used in season one. I’m wondering if early on it was an idea that he would have different attachments or whatever, and they wound up scrapping the idea. Personally I’m kind of glad they didn’t make him have a bunch of crazy gadgets.

Or it was in concept art, and Filoni decided nah, I'll just get too much Inspector Gadget crap from the fans !
Concept art is the most likely scenario, it's not the first time we've seen figures come with accessories that weren't in the movie.

I don't like Echo's current arm at the moment. It's not about attachment, but its length. It looks short.
But he has the coolest helmet.

Back