1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Rogue One - Assault Tank Commander Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love collecting troopers. I currently have a ROTJ Stormtrooper, ESB Snowtrooper Deluxe, Shoretrooper, Mando Death Trooper, Mudtrooper, Patrol Trooper, and Commander Cody. I have Captain Rex, 501st Deluxe and Basic, Mando Shoretrooper, and Transport Trooper on preorder. I want to try and get at least one of every basic type of Trooper. That being said I'm not interested in Stormtrooper variants such as the Incenerator and Remnant Troopers. But I will be picking up this Tank Trooper.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: Rouge One - Assault Tank Commander Collectible Figure

Just wait until Joost makes the tank. I think he's thinking about doing one in 1:6 after he does the Jedi Starfighter, since someone asked and he said he wanted to do the starfighter first.

I saw that post. Someone asked for the tank, and he said "I'd rather do the Jedi Starfighter first". That doesn't mean he's going to do the Tank. Sure, if there are serious numbers(which i kind of doubt there would be considering it's size and cost).
Has he said anything about that ? Would love a link if you know where.

We were chatting about this when i mentioned i was thinking about making the JS for myself in vacform. You'd have to speak to him, but he has it on his slate to get done.
I've not got anything done on mine because i have been on a go-slow at work since last february, so Joost will be a lot faster than me, lol.

It?s from Solo though not RO.

Indeed. I messed up while editing that post. It was meant to read the only new decent design in RO and Solo. That is, RO didn't have any good new troopers, including the strange looking Stormtroopers.

Mudtroopers were good too, but they're an amalgamation of older, more familiar shapes, such as the Snowtrooper and AT-ST driver.

The Shoretrooper is so ridiculous looking that I never bought any of the original releases. Though I have pre-ordered the Mandalorian version just to have an example of them.

The Tank Trooper is even uglier, but I did pre-order the Mandalorian Transport Trooper to go with the Mudtrooper. So at least I'll have an example of the ugliest OT era helmet!

Hahahaha fair enough, I actually like the Shore Trooper as well as the Transport/Tank variants... I?m probably in a minority (similar to yourself) where I don?t see the appeal of the Death Trooper though.

I guess this is just one of those ?beauty is in the eye of the beholder? things.

Personally I?m hoping for some regular Imperial Stormtroopers and my ?Trooper? line up will be complete apart from a Scout, but I?m banking on one for Jedi?s 40th in a couple of years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: Rouge One - Assault Tank Commander Collectible Figure

The fact that he seemed to be considering it, I wouldn't rule it out either. It can be hard for someone like myself on a severe budget and restricted space, but not all collectors are on a budget or have restricted space, I suspect if he made it he could move enough of them to pay for it. Ultimately it depends if he would really like one himself or not, and I suspect he's interested based on his response. But only time will tell for sure.

I could be wrong, but I read it as though he didn’t fancy it. Just my own opinion on reading that post. But I have been wrong many times before and could be wrong again. It actually wouldn’t be hard to make. It’s all angles.

Do you think HTs will ever do Sandtrooper Captain, Tie Pilot or AT-ST Pilot?

I really want a proper -- meaning not satiny -- TIE Pilot.

TIE Pilot and DS Trooper would make me so very happy.

And of course ROTJ Scout trooper and speeder bike.

I was thinking about the scout trooper today. Might give up on waiting for hot toys to make one. But then again they are on a no sculpt role

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the scout trooper today. Might give up on waiting for hot toys to make one. But then again they are on a no sculpt role

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

If you are talking about ROTJ Scout, it is definitely coming Im sure that they have the Mando Scout. Easy reuse. Maybe for ROTJ 40th.

Maybe HT wants to deliver the Mando bike before they offer the bike people truly want.

Maybe but personally I am pretty happy about the Mando version Scout and the bike. I like the white colouring to match the trooper and the weathering. ONLY thing that I do not like on Mando Scout is the upside down knee pads haha. But I am sure that is fixable.

I'm a traditionalist I suppose... want my Scout from 1983.

That said, Mando and RO are providing the lion's share of troopers this past month. I've got 5 I'm interested in. Thought for sure the Tank Trooper was a goner until Mando revived the helmet. I hope Mayfield dresses up like a Death Star trooper in season 3.

That said, Mando and RO are providing the lion's share of troopers this past month. I've got 5 I'm interested in. Thought for sure the Tank Trooper was a goner until Mando revived the helmet. I hope Mayfield dresses up like a Death Star trooper in season 3.

:lol But... :exactly:

I think most would prefer the OT version. But again I think eventually we will have the option to get either or. Good to have options!

ROTJ is def getting done. Basically just a bike repaint and little less weathering and diff futzing on the trooper.

No hype for this Tank Assault trooper?
After the Mando Shoretrooper dropped i am really in the mood to also pick this up. Those RO designs are amazing.

Back