Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One question i wanna ask is why is the release date is so far away? Just wondering. I know other figures have these far away release dates too but I'm just wondering if it was always like this with hot toys.
Right. It’s crazy how this figure is t gonna come out for two years. Back then it would take like 3 to 5 months now it takes several yrs to release a figure and this was before Covid

I think an additional issue with Tobey and Andrew is that we've already waited 6 months after the movie was released for an ANNOUNCEMENT. With how quickly Marvel is accelerating productions, we're going to be either done with, or close to done with, Phase 5 by the time these figures see the light of day, well eclipsing two years since NWH's release. HT is lucky that these two, especially Tobey, are extremely iconic.

One question i wanna ask is why is the release date is so far away? Just wondering. I know other figures have these far away release dates too but I'm just wondering if it was always like this with hot toys.
I'm only going on memory so I may be off but back in 2007 when I started it was 9 months to a year. Back then I had to order hot toys through toys2.net in canada and cornerstore comics, sideshow did carry some figures, aliens, maybe terminator, and Rocky, but not a lot of the other stuff.

The first time I remember thinking the release was taking forever was the drax figure, I think gamora from v.2 took even longer. I think OG hulkbuster took a couple of years too but I think that was understandable with the redesign.

The far out release windows are the main reason I dont preorder anymore.

Wow ok i didn't know that it used to be like that. I looked up on hot toys website official announcements of figures from like 10+ years ago and some of them had a release date as low as 5 months after the announcement, and a year or so at the most.

Wow ok i didn't know that it used to be like that. I looked up on hot toys website official announcements of figures from like 10+ years ago and some of them had a release date as low as 5 months after the announcement, and a year or so at the most.
Those dates are only estimates and from a certain point on they never made those dates :) Plus the fact they produce announce a lot more figures than they used to.

Those dates are only estimates and from a certain point on they never made those dates :) Plus the fact they produce announce a lot more figures than they used to.
Oh yeah i know they were estimates but i went back into some threads for those figures and went back to the dates people said they were shipping and showing photos, and the estimates weren't too far off.

I'm only going on memory so I may be off but back in 2007 when I started it was 9 months to a year. Back then I had to order hot toys through toys2.net in canada and cornerstore comics, sideshow did carry some figures, aliens, maybe terminator, and Rocky, but not a lot of the other stuff.

The first time I remember thinking the release was taking forever was the drax figure, I think gamora from v.2 took even longer. I think OG hulkbuster took a couple of years too but I think that was understandable with the redesign.

The far out release windows are the main reason I dont preorder anymore.
Ha I used to shop at Corner Store Comics to get my HT too!

The Tron Legacy Lightcycle took almost a year (maybe more-it's been awhile) extra from the original estimated release date if I remember correctly. That one was my longest wait from PO to release at the time. Worst part was that after waiting all that time, some ppl had trouble with their LEDs flickering or just straight up not lighting at all in certain parts.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I remember the lightcycle! Cornerstore comics were great back in the day, dx1 joker was 164.99, R&B spiderman was 149.99. It was a good time to get into 1/6 scale then.

I still remember on the onesixthemwarrior boards when the hot toys dutch was announced and people lost their minds. We thought all of the marines were going to be made....luckily hot toys likes to start things but not finish them.

Other memorable announcements...the 78 superman, (i remember the DC 12 inch Zod that came out around that time it had really tiny feet) the star wars announcement, though that first figure took a couple of years. When the batman returns teaser came out I was certain a catwoman and penguin were imminent.

And there he is! Great looking sculpt imo and of course Sandman as the base is as expected. The figure looks damn good.

This and Garfield are bought for sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“My back it’s kind of got stiff from all the swinging I guess.”

Spider-Man: No Way Home delighted Marvel fans by bringing together the fan-beloved Peter Parkers from different universe, including Tobey Maguire’s Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, to face several of the deadliest villains.
Received tremendous attention on his debut at Hot Toys Summer Showcase earlier, we are now proud to introduce the Deluxe Version of 1/6th scale Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Collectible Figure with a highly-elaborated diorama figure base depicting the present of Sandman.

Faithfully crafted based on the appearance of Tobey Maguire as Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man/ Peter Parker in Spider-Man: No Way Home, the movie-accurate figure features a newly developed head sculpt with amazing likeness, a masked head sculpt; highly-poseable body with great range of articulation; beautiful recreation of Spider-Man’s red and blue suit with raised silver webbing patterns; highly-detailed accessories including Sandman’s cure, spider-man mask, and assorted spider-web shooting effect parts.

This Deluxe Version offers a themed diorama figure base which perfectly captured Sandman’s expression with fine texture surrounded by crumbling structures, with striped warning sign accessories to be another highlight fans won’t want to miss!

A Special Edition available in selected markets will include a Doc Ock’s tentacle as bonus item exclusively to enhance your battling display.

Be sure to add the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man figure to your web-slinging collection!

mG3gzNk.jpg
vP2HWL8.jpg
AtCa9Ak.jpg
mXuddmw.jpg

3zKIGNA.jpg

orwDQ3z.jpg
7qpCl8B.jpg
oHuPmN2.jpg
ePiEq2s.jpg
Bko57Gm.jpg
ZHpVUlq.jpg
7NBeF8U.jpg

4OqWl9m.jpg
vURjFeY.jpg
xTYVbLl.jpg
xHSzBHe.jpg

UI7cUbb.jpg

ofUwDvr.jpg

GGGGGGGG'AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

TM NWH SPIDER-MAN IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S - IT'S UNREAL :thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

This IS my most wanted figure RIGHT NOW!!!!! :woo:woo:woo

Would think they would want it out sometime close to goblin, but alas it is what it is, i still hold out hope for later this year.

Back