Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot express how little the neck seam bothers me. I prefer it to the bunched up crease at the neck all the other spidey suits get, that you can already see will still be a problem on the Holland figure.

Untitled-1.jpg

I cannot express how little the neck seam bothers me. I prefer it to the bunched up crease at the neck all the other spidey suits get, that you can already see will still be a problem on the Holland figure.

View attachment 592017
I agree it doesn’t seem like a big deal. Some compromise must be made to get both looks in a single figure, and I think this is preferable to the suit going all the way up under the head like on the Holland figures. It’ll just take some patience to line up the webbing lines on the body and neck.

And it looks vastly better in the promo images than in the SDCC display case where the head was clearly not plugged in entirely.

I agree it doesn’t seem like a big deal. Some compromise must be made to get both looks in a single figure, and I think this is preferable to the suit going all the way up under the head like on the Holland figures. It’ll just take some patience to line up the webbing lines on the body and neck.

And it looks vastly better in the promo images than in the SDCC display case where the head was clearly not plugged in entirely.
I do not trust promo images though, too much Photoshop.

I like the sculpt because it has that super soulful look he gave Holland at the end of the movie to stop him from killing Goblin.

That was my favorite scene in the movie when Tobey grabbed the glider.
That would be a sick way to display those 3 figures! And now that i look at it more, it really does look like that expression in that scene. Now i wanna buy all those 3 to make that kind of display

I think this looks great, the only issue I have is that I can't see much musculature through the suit like in the movie (or in the original movie), but I guess all the Spidey figures have this issue, maybe there's no solution lol. Either way I can't wait to have this in hand, really hoping it releases early.

I do not trust promo images though, too much Photoshop.
Oh even taking Photoshop out of the equation, it’s not like they haven’t shipped figures with bad edges that weren’t present in the prototype before (DX-09 Keaton Batman’s mouths and PERS access panel comes to mind). So I can understand the concern. But if the final product here is consistent with the prototype in the promo images, I think the neck seam is fine.

Since people are talking about photoshop, the prototype integrated suit has this one loose thread sticking out of it that they forgot to photoshop out and I just find that neat lol

photoshop.jpg

Personally I haven't waited 20 years for displaying Tobey with a mask lol He will stand on my shelf without a mask. That neck seam truly takes the glory away, but I can survive. We can't have it all, but Tom figures look way better in that department imo,I know that fully covered neck looks weird from some angles but still better than a seam. I also hope they update Tobey's body,I don't see any kind of muscles anywhere.

Canvassing for opinions:

So, I am looking for a single Spiderman to complete my Spidey Collection, I so far have a selection of my favourite Spidey villains (If they are affordable in the future I may pick up a Venom, Lizard and Electro) but I need I Spiderman.
I am a single figure per character type of guy (with the sole exceptions of Joker and Batman - so far) so I am looking for a 'definitive' Spidey to go with these villains - would you say this one is the guy to go for?
I like the suit over the Holland ones as it has the more classic red and blue colouring and isn't Iron-Man Junior in aesthetic. TBH I am not fond of Holland in general, not sure why as I think he is perfectly fine in the role but he is definitely my least favourite live-action Spidey.
I am actually quite drawn to the Sandman base - but WOW is it expensive!
I was thinking either the Maguire, Garfield or PS4 Classic suit Spidey....
Which do you think would go best with my collection.
PS4 Classic Spidey all day for me. It's the reason I may not even buy the Maguire Spidey (plus just like someone above, I'm more interested in the base).

If you truly are a one-figure wonder, think about whether or not you want to hold off and wait for the upcoming sequel PS5 Spider-Man game. Although any figures for that could be a long and more expensive wait.

PS4 Classic Spidey all day for me. It's the reason I may not even buy the Maguire Spidey (plus just like someone above, I'm more interested in the base).

If you truly are a one-figure wonder, think about whether or not you want to hold off and wait for the upcoming sequel PS5 Spider-Man game. Although any figures for that could be a long and more expensive wait.
Symbiote spidey and McFarlane suit please :)

2EBA757F-222C-4D6F-9724-A1CC2B7EBBBD.jpeg

He is pretty dope.

Back