Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Black & Gold suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is everyone forgetting this probably isn't a full fledged suit, per se, but what is underneath the material of the upgraded suit? It's the tech you're not supposed to see UNDER the last suit you saw.
I don't think that's been definitively established yet (there are some who think its appearance is the result of a mystic upgrade from Dr. Strange). Regardless, your theory does bring me back to what I find problematic with the AI and other high-tech features Tony built into Peter's suits. He's not wearing an armor-plated IM suit, so as often as he gets knocked around in battle one would expect that underlying tech would get damaged and become useless. I thought it was OK for the Iron Spider suit in IW/EG, but beyond that one I think he should just have a normal suit and his web shooters.

I don't think that's been definitively established yet (there are some who think its appearance is the result of a mystic upgrade from Dr. Strange). Regardless, your theory does bring me back to what I find problematic with the AI and other high-tech features Tony built into Peter's suits. He's not wearing an armor-plated IM suit, so as often as he gets knocked around in battle one would expect that underlying tech would get damaged and become useless. I thought it was OK for the Iron Spider suit in IW/EG, but beyond that one I think he should just have a normal suit and his web shooters.
You are correct that nothing has been established as fact at this point and your conjecture is as good as mine. That aside, I do agree with you on the suit tech. It needs to be just a material suit with his own designed web shooters. The only tech should be in his mask so we don't lose the eye expressions like in the animated series. That was the biggest drawback to the TM & AG suits, the eyes were expressionless. Maybe by the end of the movie, he'll be a little more Spider and a little less Iron.

Leaked photo just shows Hot Toys initially doing what Marvel had shown them early on:

FC-blDtVQAIhU31.jpeg

I'd you watch Homecoming, when he and Ned remove the tracker you can see this is what his suit looks like under the red and blue. It's just a skinned version of his second suit.

Seriously that fast! Well it will definitley be an interesting suit. Was on the fence if I should buy the FFH red and black Spidey or just wait to get this.

They release this about 3 months after pre-order while figures up for pre-order two years ago still nowhere to be seen. WTF Hot Toys?

It's a joke!? Wow that's insane. That should be the new normal and no 2 years waiting preorders.... If Hot Toys now take this way... congrats!

They release this about 3 months after pre-order while figures up for pre-order two years ago still nowhere to be seen. WTF Hot Toys?
It’s most certainly to clear the path for an onslaught of figures from the movie. It’s smart business by HT and while I’d love my Ahsoka, Jango, etc., it does make sense for HT to bump this to the front of the line…

This is crazy that this is already released maybe to them it's like a movie promo figure but they released it as a normal one. I do have it preordered so we'll see when he hits Sideshow.

It’s most certainly to clear the path for an onslaught of figures from the movie. It’s smart business by HT and while I’d love my Ahsoka, Jango, etc., it does make sense for HT to bump this to the front of the line…
Hard to see it that way when I've had Batgirl paid off for two and half years and still no sign of that figure.

What a strange thing to stick on the packaging.

webshooter.jpg

With the exception of "promo" releases that are always a character as they appeared in the previous film, I don't know that Hot Toys has ever released a figure from a movie before the movie itself has released. Guess they felt they had to explain what the hell it is they're selling here since no one will see the actual film for a month.

Photos courtesy of Azukis Toy on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWqZJlBh_lD/

I'll have to see the movie before I consider this. Just too many other figures I'd rather have just from the same movie at this point.

Back