1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure. Could be that Marvel had the Mysterio rights, while Sony had the actor's likeness rights. Seeing that it was a Sony production of a Marvel property. And when they had a falling out they couldn't include the headsculpt, because Sony wouldn't let them.

Mind you, this is my speculation. Nothing is confirmed or anything.

Ya I guess it?s a wait and see but really hope that we get a headsculpt. Jake gyllenhaal is awesome as mysterio.

It was just around the time that the Sony/Disney Spider-Man deal abruptly ended. When it was all over the news that Spider-Man would leave the MCU, Tom Holland was gone, Sony didn't want to accept Disney's offer (or the other way around)... Anyway, it was when all that **** was going down that J.C. teased the Gyllenhaal headsculpt. And quickly removed the post.

I always figured it had to do with the whole Spider-Man license being in stormy waters. And seeing they worked it out, I'd say bring the headsculpt.

All definitely viable. But no doubt that new dude has been put onto other stuff and the final figure costing was based on no headsculpt. Don't want to be a debbie-downer but chances will be pretty slim for a headsculpt at this point I'd say.

Still it'll definitely be a pleasant surprise.

I still don't understand the release date they set for this (July 2021 and September 2021).
Could it be that they were waiting to see how sony/Disney deal would pan out and if it does, to have time to sculpt the HS from scratch...

I was considering getting Zombie IM to go with this, then I saw the price :slap. Might consider finding a high quality pics of the zombie IM and have it printed on an acrylic for display instead.

It's 100% the actor and not dealings between others etc. Years ago, if I remember right, Sony sold the toy rights to their movies back to Marvel, so Marvel/Disney has always owned these rights. There's no way that's the issue, it's 100% with Gyllenhaal. If he wanted it, it'd be with the figure.

Regardless of the headsculpt outcome, I can't wait to get this figure in hand! Such a beautiful piece!

Displayed at their Summer Showcase in Taiwan.

118210088_4330452960360987_4386334742108629285_n.jpg

Pretty much kills the headsculpt dream.

It does look good though. I may keep my PO.

Do people really want a headsculpt that badly? I don't know. Personally I want this figure because it's a great looking Mysterio figure to have with the Spider-Man figures, espicially with the classic suit that's coming out. A Gyllenhaal headsculpt would be a nice bonus but it's defiantly not a selling point for me personally on this figure. I hope they do it but not that crazy if they don't.

My only wish is they fix the seam. If they?re not gonna include a head sculpt then do a good job with that fish bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My only wish is they fix the seam. If they?re not gonna include a head sculpt then do a good job with that fish bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it even possible to fix the seam without using even more expensive manufacturing methods?

Do people really want a headsculpt that badly? I don't know. Personally I want this figure because it's a great looking Mysterio figure to have with the Spider-Man figures, espicially with the classic suit that's coming out. A Gyllenhaal headsculpt would be a nice bonus but it's defiantly not a selling point for me personally on this figure. I hope they do it but not that crazy if they don't.

As a jake gyllenhaal fan, yes! But I will still keep my PO. It looks great.

I can?t imagine ever displaying him with the head sculpt. Makes no difference to me if he gets one or not. Would be nice to get a different accessory if he doesn?t come with one though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any new information on this guy? Seems like it's been ages since we heard anything.

It is a pre-order figure due out in several months from now. I think by next summer you might here more on this figure.

I was expecting some con showings or some more promo images elsewhere, at the very least. Wanted to see if they removed the seamline from the fishbowl, added articulation in the chest, confirmed the Jake headsculpt etc. but there's been nothing at all then?

^ I wouldn't expect many of those things, personally.

Do people really want a headsculpt that badly? I don't know.

For me, yes. No JG headsculpt = no sale. But that's because I display all my MCU figures with their unmasked sculpts to see their faces. He wouldn't look right in my collection.

Maybe HT can use this opportunity to package the Mk 85 head with this release since they're no longer a stickler about likeness.

Back