Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They usually don’t have true ordering windows. Their old website showed how many pieces of a certain item were in stock. They updated their site recently though and now the stock count doesn’t show. Maybe this is something new they’re doing?
Not sure what you mean by "true ordering windows" 🤔 If you mean like the ones that OSK has on his site where typically (but not always) an item disappears after the stated ordering window then yes, I agree, they don't have an ordering window like that.

BUT, they also don't have infinite open orders up until the figure is released as they do have an ordering window with Sideshow to secure their total allotment for their store (# of Pre-Orders + a few extras).

Their email newsletters always say when the ordering window was closing (this being in reference to AEC's ordering window with Sideshow), so this isn't something new they're doing. For example, their ordering window with Sideshow closed months ago for HT AOTC R2D2 and the figure was shown as "sold out" on their website. Then, I checked about 3 weeks ago and the site showed "1 in-stock" which more than likely means someone canceled their order. I ordered it, and after about a day or so, the item went back to "sold out."

The only difference here is that Sideshow has told AEC that the ordering window with them for THIS specific figure is only 4 days long vs the usual I think month they typically have to secure their allotment. AEC will probably still order a few extra on top of the POs they get, though; but now, due to the new website, you won't be able to look at the item page and say "oh I still have time, they have 10 left." So, like any other HT item they offer, if you want to guarantee your order with them, then you need to be sure to order before the window closes.

Huh, the site update must be why I wasn't able to log into my account and it didn't even recognize my email address.
They sent an email out about this. You need to create a new account but with your old account email address in order for your old info to link to the new website and show your previous orders and RPs.

Not sure what you mean by "true ordering windows" 🤔 If you mean like the ones that OSK has on his site where typically (but not always) an item disappears after the stated ordering window then yes, I agree, they don't have an ordering window like that.

BUT, they also don't have infinite open orders up until the figure is released as they do have an ordering window with Sideshow to secure their total allotment for their store (# of Pre-Orders + a few extras).

Their email newsletters always say when the ordering window was closing (this being in reference to AEC's ordering window with Sideshow), so this isn't something new they're doing. For example, their ordering window with Sideshow closed months ago for HT AOTC R2D2 and the figure was shown as "sold out" on their website. Then, I checked about 3 weeks ago and the site showed "1 in-stock" which more than likely means someone canceled their order. I ordered it, and after about a day or so, the item went back to "sold out."

The only difference here is that Sideshow has told AEC that the ordering window with them for THIS specific figure is only 4 days long vs the usual I think month they typically have to secure their allotment. AEC will probably still order a few extra on top of the POs they get, though; but now, due to the new website, you won't be able to look at the item page and say "oh I still have time, they have 10 left." So, like any other HT item they offer, if you want to guarantee your order with them, then you need to be sure to order before the window closes.
I don’t remember Alter Ego ever having a cut off date. There are plenty of figures that have been up for pre-order for a while that are still available. I just ordered the Ahsoka and Grogu set a couple weeks ago for instance. They get an allotment and once they sell through them that’s it but that all I know of.

Last edited:
I just mean in the past Alter Ego has never said along the lines of you have from x date to x date to place an order. They put up an allotted number and sold through them but there wasn’t a cut off date per se.

I don’t remember Alter Ego ever having a cut off date. There are plenty of figures that have been up for pre-order for a while that are still available. I just ordered the Ahsoka and Grogu set a couple weeks ago for instance.
I understand what you’re saying that they haven’t made it sound as definitive as this recent email, and it could very well be something new. But the actual wording makes me doubtful as they have had “cut off” dates in the past.

I’ve gotten numerous “last call” emails as they prepare for their final order with Sideshow. These aren’t necessarily “cut off” dates for us to order from them, per se; but, once they sell through their Pre-order allotment, the only way you can get a certain figure from them at that point is if someone cancels their order. That’s why they say, “to guarantee availability,” to put your order in before X date, b/c you might not have a chance later if no one cancels their order. For instance, Cad Bane Deluxe is currently sold out on their site last I checked, b/c they’ve sold through their allotment and the only way anyone can order it from them at this point is if someone else cancels, so that one will come available again. At the point the “add to cart” feature would then be live again. Similar to what recently happened with the AOTC R2D2 I just ordered that is now back to “sold out” on their site. You were able to still order the DX Ahsoka set b/c they either never sold through their allotment or some ppl canceled their orders.

In the email for this Spiderman figure, AEC doesn’t have a cut off date, per se. What they actually say is that if you want to order the figure from them, to order yours by the given date and time “to guarantee availability” which is no different than previous items. They say that all the time in their “last call” emails. It’s just a shorter, one week only, “last call” time frame for this figure unlike other HT figures.

Last edited:
Surprised no one else has shared this yet-
(I’ve totally forgotten where we stand with regards to getting a Garfield sculpt so I just slapped a PO down straight away so I don’t have to think about it any more.)

Up on OSK- RCN Studios FP2N12A 1/6 Scale Male Head Sculpt

PRE ORDER

Cut off 8th June 2023

Available in Q1 2024

This link for Non-Refundable Deposit payment $37, total price is $82 and balance $45 will be charged once it is released
RCN Studios FP2N12A 1/6 Scale Male Head Sculpt

SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT FP2N12A · World 400 pcs Limited Edition
Scale: 1/6 (12 inch): Pre-order in progress

– At the end of the pre-order period, the price of the product will increase by 20%.
Product material
·PVC

Product Launch Date Approximately Q1 2024
Artist:
- 3D modeling with Nutpiz
- Head art directed by Nutpiz

3654BF14-6222-4EAE-B550-6D67606C09AE.jpeg
E40D6F8B-5F89-4456-B0F8-F4EEF03D4EF8.jpeg
F3D6AC2B-2756-4F1A-B646-F9C8F6DE6B12.jpeg
A805CC3B-2CDE-4A12-B314-66BBA84944F7.jpeg
0676EB13-CC7A-4B8A-88E7-02D50E9598E2.jpeg
A20714C4-B134-4D86-8153-7EB13E5AC0AF.jpeg
97474895-1AC9-4E1C-BEF6-94B4552BC38B.jpeg

Don’t know who Nutpiz (Nut Piss?) is and Garfield looks a bit fugly but it’ll do.

Last edited:
Yeah I ordered that the second it went up. Only concern I have is whether it will actually work well and be sized correctly to the HT figure. Would suck if it ended up being too oversized.
I pre-ordered it immediately but I want to use the sculpt for my DiD Desmond Doss from "Hacksaw Ridge" figure.

I come to this thread and get disappointed by no new announcements every single time.
This was totally a new announcement. A newly announced head- from Nut Piss…

I wonder if the figure will still come with the removable neck piece so you can have the accurate (yet gappy) maskless look. They really should just in the interest of allowing us to add a sculpt if we so choose.
It’s the least they could do seeing as this was PO’d by many (who don’t use sideshow) when we thought a sculpt was included.

Of course, I know there also aren’t many fans of that feature so they may be happier to receive a more seamless suit.

It seems that the only way to get an Andrew Garfield headsculpt you’ll probably have to get it through… nut piss

The final HT release does include an unmasked head, and I'd be surprised if they modified it to have a sculpted neck as well.

Nut Pizs (not a great name) did make some good third-party head sculpts of Killmonger (and also Hela), so they do have a decent track record. If I recall, the Killmonger sculpt was slightly undersized (I didn't pay much attention to Hela), but Andrew Garfield's head looked a bit oversized with the hair in NWH, so oversized might almost be preferable for the final release.

Back