Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I guess we'll have to make do with it (should it not come with it) lol :lol A bit of a bummer though, I think many were hoping to have the trio all posed together with the unmasked portraits.
That was exactly my plan. Not having Garfield unmasked as an option just saved me about a cool grand... Glass half full guy today.

Insane how much trouble he's giving on his likeness for figures. Bizarre seeing how much he seems to like playing Spider-Man and then makes it a hassle to have any sort of sculpt of him for it.

What's even worse is that this figure hasn't even gone up for PO from Sideshow yet so if they announce it or put it up for preorder in the coming 1-2 months, it won't even release for another 1-2 years when it was actually announced April 2022. Almost a whole year after it was shown off officially.

Makes the integrated suit with new pointing hands to specifically recreate the meme a bit pointless, doesn’t it?

Im guessing the original figures are gonna jump in price (if they havent already) as people start to worry more about them not getting released.

I was tempted to PO the new garfield but I dont really need it. Plus im pretty sure the ASM headsculpt can be used on the ASM2 figure.

P1030018.JPG

Could the likeness issue be down to HT not willing to pay enough? Lets be honest, the first ASM didnt sell particularly well as far as i remember simply because back then, not many people seemed to like garfield at the time so HT may have some concerns he may not sell well again?

Makes me laugh that people think hes great now and want to see an ASM3. TBH i think we were lucky he came back considering how the fans and studios treated him

Last edited:
Insane how much trouble he's giving on his likeness for figures. Bizarre seeing how much he seems to like playing Spider-Man and then makes it a hassle to have any sort of sculpt of him for it.

What's even worse is that this figure hasn't even gone up for PO from Sideshow yet so if they announce it or put it up for preorder in the coming 1-2 months, it won't even release for another 1-2 years when it was actually announced April 2022. Almost a whole year after it was shown off officially.
Can’t really blame him, they ****** him over before so it’s his turn now :lol.

If he doesn’t come with the sculpt people they’re gonna lower the price and offer partial refunds right? …Right…? People have already paid for it and I can’t imagine they’ll be very forgiving otherwise.

If he doesn’t come with the sculpt people they’re gonna lower the price and offer partial refunds right? …Right…? People have already paid for it and I can’t imagine they’ll be very forgiving otherwise.
No since I think what's likely to happen is that Hot Toys just proceeds with the AMS2 figure/license they have going on for this and just give up on trying to do a new sculpt + branding this under NWH. It seems they got the approval for AMS2 but still has yet to update this for NWH if the rumors are true.

There's also the issue that this is the only figure that's a general release, that has yet to go up on Sideshow since being announced. Are customers in the US just gonna be unable to get this unless if bought from a HK retailer? Such a weird situation this figure is in.

Wait, this was up for pre order?

Not outside of Asia, no.
I was able to pre-order it through Sugo Toys in Australia, but no doubt they are getting it via Asia since no one else here has him listed.
I'm fine without the headsculpt as is mask only for me, but I'd like a cheaper price or a replacement accessory.
It does suck if you wanted the headsculpt though.

Last edited:
Im guessing the original figures are gonna jump in price (if they havent already) as people start to worry more about them not getting released.

I was tempted to PO the new garfield but I dont really need it. Plus im pretty sure the ASM headsculpt can be used on the ASM2 figure.

View attachment 620267

Could the likeness issue be down to HT not willing to pay enough? Lets be honest, the first ASM didnt sell particularly well as far as i remember simply because back then, not many people seemed to like garfield at the time so HT may have some concerns he may not sell well again?

Makes me laugh that people think hes great now and want to see an ASM3. TBH i think we were lucky he came back considering how the fans and studios treated him
the first asm spidey suit was a lame design otherwise I would have bought it. I bought the asm2 doll and still havent seen the movie.

the first asm spidey suit was a lame design otherwise I would have bought it.

I actually dug it and thought it was an interesting take on the suit, though I prefer the whitish lenses to the yellow in the movie.

I bought the asm2 doll and still havent seen the movie.

Same haha I only watched the first ASM, but haven't watched the second. I did eventually pick up the ASM2 figure and I think it's still a good figure.

Back