Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still actively collecting but am much more selective now. I sold off all of my Infinity War and End Game Hot Toys and focused on Star Wars...and even with that, I've gotten more selective. For example, I really enjoy the Bad Batch cartoon and think the five together on a shelf would be a magnificent display BUT not $1500+ magnificent. If the three Spidey's came out right after NWH I would've instantly pre-ordered, now I'm on the fence.

Side note, if I get the three Spidey's (and it's either all three or none for me at this point) I'm thinking of getting the classic suit Tom versus the integrated suit but I also have the video game classic suit so I'm a bit torn. I've never loved the integrated suit, but it's the screen accurate one to display the three together. I'm sure I'll end up pre-ordering today one way or the other, but there's still a small part of me asking "will I care about that 3 Spidey display in 18 months when they're all here?"
I'm putting the Andrew and Tobey Spideys with the Tom Holland Homecoming suit so they're all red and blue. The suit from the end of NWH would be a good match too.

I also try to be more selective these days because of space mainly but prices are insane for sure. Even mezco one 12 are pretty high, same for mafex and star wars black toys.

What I don't like about hot toys specifically is 10 years ago the prices were lower than now and you got more accessories. Sure many never leave the box but nevertheless you had that option. Now it feels like I get much less unless its something used over and over such as Spiderman webs.

I still like hot toys overall just not as much as I used to. The only hot toys figure I've preordered is nwh final Spiderman outfit.

Yeah I remember when the Mafex line was beginning, I think they were priced around $40~$60, and now they're anywhere from $80 on upwards. Mezco as well, though I think it hasn't gone too dramatically, for instance the amount of accessories with the deluxe Wolverine are well worth the overall price in my opinion. However, with prices increasing I can see why some wouldn't find value for the product.

Hot toys can make this without the Garfield head and I would still buy it.

So you're still in? :wink1:

Last edited:
I'm still actively collecting but am much more selective now. I sold off all of my Infinity War and End Game Hot Toys and focused on Star Wars...and even with that, I've gotten more selective. For example, I really enjoy the Bad Batch cartoon and think the five together on a shelf would be a magnificent display BUT not $1500+ magnificent. If the three Spidey's came out right after NWH I would've instantly pre-ordered, now I'm on the fence.

Side note, if I get the three Spidey's (and it's either all three or none for me at this point) I'm thinking of getting the classic suit Tom versus the integrated suit but I also have the video game classic suit so I'm a bit torn. I've never loved the integrated suit, but it's the screen accurate one to display the three together. I'm sure I'll end up pre-ordering today one way or the other, but there's still a small part of me asking "will I care about that 3 Spidey display in 18 months when they're all here?"

Well for me I know I'm still going to highly anticipate these Spideys, so I'll say to myself "I'm going to be happy when these arrive in 18 months!" :)

I'm definitely still in for Tobey and that end-of-movie Holland Spidey. I'm in for Ock if they do something about that Molina sculpt and I'll probably get Green Goblin (the Power Ranger villain version).

I'm not going completist but that would be a fairly significant tally from NWH. For me it will count as representing the Raimi movies as well, assuming Hot Toys isn't going to actually make figures directly from those movies.

Yes, YES!!!!!!! That's one of the biggest reasons I'm so happy with all these NWH releases!!! Heck, it'd still be incredulous should HT make figures directly from SM1 & 2!! :thud::thud::thud:

Yeah I remember when the Mafex line was beginning, I think they were priced around $40~$60, and now they're anywhere from $80 on upwards. Mezco as well, though I think it hasn't gone too dramatically, for instance the amount of accessories with the deluxe Wolverine are well worth the overall price in my opinion. However, with prices increasing I can see why some wouldn't find value for the product.

So you're still in? :wink1:
I have the og Garfield Spiderman but still may get this. I still need integrated Spiderman though.

"Hey, Andrew. Have you signed that approval form so Hot Toys can update your figure?"

Andrew:

"yeah..."

tmp_SOn3So_6837342991dde3c0_giphy.gif

The price is what it is for a Hot Toys figure in modern times. At least it’s under $300 (well, before taxes and shipping).

Well this will be getting picked up for me for sure. Very glad that it appears to be a pretty quick turn around at least from the time we can preorder to release. I expected him to have the same time frame as Tobey at best.

Just saw an email from Alter Ego saying that there is a deadline with them to preorder.

Wonder what that’s all about?

Alter Ego doesn’t normally have ordering windows like that so it is kind of weird. However I prefer the approach of telling us when to get our orders in versus just having items go to waitlist at some unknown time.

Alright placed my order at Timewalker. Yes it's a lot to pay for a very barebones figure, and I do wish the outfit was that more metallic red from the movie, but it's still a nice looking figure regardless and I think the sculpt still holds up really well.

And honestly the fact it's ASM2 instead of NWH doesn't bother me since that's where he looked his best anyway.

Just saw an email from Alter Ego saying that there is a deadline with them to preorder.

Wonder what that’s all about?
See below...
Alter Ego doesn’t normally have ordering windows like that so it is kind of weird. However I prefer the approach of telling us when to get our orders in versus just having items go to waitlist at some unknown time.
Alter Ego does have ordering windows, just not as short as this one. They always tell you to get your order in before the window closes and do a "last call" email typically. Then, once their ordering window has closed, they will usually show their "stock" number on the order page and that number is reflective of the extra stock they bought on top of the PO's they got from customers. That stock number will change as additional ppl order or cancel.

See below...

Alter Ego does have ordering windows, just not as short as this one. They always tell you to get your order in before the window closes and do a "last call" email typically. Then, once their ordering window has closed, they will usually show their "stock" number on the order page and that number is reflective of the extra stock they bought on top of the PO's they got from customers. That stock number will change as additional ppl order or cancel.
They usually don’t have true ordering windows. Their old website showed how many pieces of a certain item were in stock. They updated their site recently though and now the stock count doesn’t show. Maybe this is something new they’re doing?

Back