Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speculatively, even if it were to be released without the unmasked head sculpt, it'd still be cool to have the trio all posed up with their masks. C'mon! Who isn't gonna want to recreate this iconic shot?! :D

yqwSmdL.jpg

I think all three in their suits would be cool, but I had my heart set on all three standing together, masks in hand. It's just what I envisioned so now I'm out for all three. Although as someone said above, if they do release Andrew Spidey without a head sculpt you know there will be a 3rd party release a figure with the sculpt. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though...

Kinda weird how this is taking so long. Very odd. The previous films had no issue and niether did the other actors and Tobey was the most sought after.

Definitely something weird happening behind the scene with Garfield and his likeness. Never has SHFiguarts cancelled a sculpt like that after it went up for PO because of weird background issues with the actors likeness. Not surprised if we see something similar here with Hot Toys, which will be a first.

Either that or they're working on a new sculpt for NHW and getting it approved by Garfield and his team is taking forever due to how picky he might be.

If I am being honest, I would prefer a stunning costume and body that perfectly replicates the on-screen look over a head sculpt. So maybe they just cut it, use the remaining budget to get the proportions and colours and materials right. Seriously, they can't get the TASM2 suit right.

article-2335417-1A2203DA000005DC-742_634x868.jpg

The current proto looks nothing like the real suit.

I never use the head sculpts on my displays. I came to watch the movies for the costumed characters, not for the actors/actresses.

@Magic Chaser I could be wrong but the photo you posted looks more like a stunt-person than Garfield, in terms of body proportions. I had the old TASM2 and you're right, the proportions were odd, but I don't really see HT changing them. The eyes also read as too grayish rather than white.

Hope I'm wrong though.

@Magic Chaser I could be wrong but the photo you posted looks more like a stunt-person than Garfield, in terms of body proportions. I had the old TASM2 and you're right, the proportions were odd, but I don't really see HT changing them. The eyes also read as too grayish rather than white.

Hope I'm wrong though.
Proportions aside the figure is nothing like his actual suit in terms of colour or material.

This goes up for pre-order out of nowhere in the middle of a day that most people are out drinking with no discernible changes or licensing updates. It's just up and still has the original estimated ship date that could be 4 months from now.

This feels like the most appropriate outcome for this saga.

Only points of note that could indicate an improvement over the original-
  • One (1) newly painted Peter Parker head sculpt
  • One (1) newly tailored red and blue colored Spider-Man Suit embossed with black trims, web patterns and web shooters
So there is a slight hope that the suit could have the appropriately reflective material…

Of course, the latest BTTF Doc also said newly painted head sculpt and that was still an embarrassment.

I'm torn on this, I need him for display with Tobey and Tom but $290 for a bare bones figure with an inaccurate suit and only a decent likeness on the headsculpt is a hard sell.

Look how off the suit looks, the actual red part of the suit is a deep red and almost like a satin material, not cloth like the proto.

Attachments

• IMG_20230318_031427.jpg
    IMG_20230318_031427.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Even though this is nearly a straight up reissue, no way it starts shipping in 2023.

Hmm well to me the body seems like it could be new as it looks a bit better proportioned to my eye comparing it to the ASM2 figure; plus I think they'll most likely include ratcheted joints like most of the current Spider-Man figures.

Back