Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually dug it and thought it was an interesting take on the suit, though I prefer the whitish lenses to the yellow in the movie.

Same haha I only watched the first ASM, but haven't watched the second. I did eventually pick up the ASM2 figure and I think it's still a good figure.
ASM is much better than ASM2. I remember seeing it at the cinema and I couldn't believe how bad it was... this is the only Spider-Man film that I don't really like. I don't want to go into why I dislike it as it will spoil it for you. Andrew Garfield is great though, and the costume is outstanding.

I was for the asm franchise but now I see them as movies just made to hold onto the rights. They were poorly done but they had good scenes in some places.

Sony did. They muddled with movie and pretty much let avi arad ruin the the movies trying to create some dumb universe. Andrew pretty much hated it I guess.

Oh ok. I thought there was something that was confirmed as to why Garfield is playing hardball.

ASM is much better than ASM2. I remember seeing it at the cinema and I couldn't believe how bad it was... this is the only Spider-Man film that I don't really like. I don't want to go into why I dislike it as it will spoil it for you. Andrew Garfield is great though, and the costume is outstanding.

Yeah I gather the overall consensus is that it isn't as good of a film it should be. I agree, the costume is pretty comic-esque and a good adaptation. I did like the first ASM and I thought AG was good in the role.

Well I’m glad I’m not in for all three in that case. Maybe not always but I’d definitely have the three Spidey figures unmasked at times. I think I’ll just get Tobey and call it good.

Insane how much trouble he's giving on his likeness for figures. Bizarre seeing how much he seems to like playing Spider-Man and then makes it a hassle to have any sort of sculpt of him for it.

What's even worse is that this figure hasn't even gone up for PO from Sideshow yet so if they announce it or put it up for preorder in the coming 1-2 months, it won't even release for another 1-2 years when it was actually announced April 2022. Almost a whole year after it was shown off officially.
Any possibility that they're going to release it as an Event Exclusive? IIRC, I think that's a loophole that companies take advantage of certain products they can't release regularly.

In regards to Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts, rumors are Garfield/his team didn't feel the final product was a good enough representation of the actor's likeness.
I'd be surprised if thats the case with HT, probably just can't come to terms on the royalties.. Garfield's team likely wants more moola.

If he's really rejecting it because of the HS, I don't know what the guy expects - I think it's a pretty damn good HS. My guess is that he wants more royalties, too, or there is some weird legal issue between Marvel/Sony that makes this a hard thing to put out.

If you listen to a Garfield interview he doesn’t come across as that sort of greedy “money, money, money” person but hey he is an actor.

so strange if he's actually the one holding things up... or if it's some type or merchandising thing with Sony and that specific franchise. Either way if we don't get unmasked for all three, I'm probably out. I was planning to display all three unmasked.

So this one isn't coming out anymore? If so, it saves me a ton of cash not buying into the NWH line

Yeah it remains to be seen if this does get put out.. Well there's already some of the Garfield Spider-Man figures out there (namely the ML, s.h. figuarts, and Iron Studios) so it would seem likely we'll end up getting it without the unmasked head sculpt. (Hopefully, eventually..)

Back