Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys Wonderland are still selling it of course; first and second batch options.
I PO’d and paid in full at KG as always and they’ve removed the listing so who knows what’s gonna happen.
HT can probably still release that suit, it’s just Garfield’s head that’s causing all the problems for whatever reason.

Didn’t this happen with one of the older ASM releases? They solicited with an obscured head sculpt then the head sculpt never happened? It’s probably a good thing if the actor wants better quality but this seems quite unprecedented.

What if they are taking down old listings so they can update it when the NWH license product can be fully revealed?

I don't know what the old "Coming Soon" page said, but the page now references NWH. This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen from HT- never thought they'd announce a figure under one license, then backtrack and announce it under another. Disney's lawyers must be having a field day with this...

I don't know what the old "Coming Soon" page said, but the page now references NWH. This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen from HT- never thought they'd announce a figure under one license, then backtrack and announce it under another. Disney's lawyers must be having a field day with this...
Well it could be the Disney lawyers who are doing this for all we know

Well it could be the Disney lawyers who are doing this for all we know
Or it could be a cheaper cost for hot toys to use the asm2 license which they probably negotiated with fox/sony and disney is saying its too close to their no way home spiderman and they want a cut? I'm not sure. I'm sure itll come out but depending on the cost for hot toys however it turns out will be reflected in the MSRP.

What about the legal ramifications for retailers who have accepted full payment on POs for an ASM2 Spidey, marketed with that head sculpt, which is now likely to never be made?

Do they inform customers that the figure has been altered and buyers have the option to request a cancellation or would they need to cancel all orders, refund them and request everyone reorder the new figure under the new license once it’s announced to avoid any confusion upon release?

It’s possible that not everyone is paying as much attention as us so, if a NWH Garfield shows up with a face that looks ten years older than what someone thought they had purchased, that could cause issues.

The HT website is still showing it under the ASM title

Screenshot_20220924-185523_Samsung Internet.jpg

What about the legal ramifications for retailers who have accepted full payment on POs for an ASM2 Spidey, marketed with that head sculpt, which is now likely to never be made?

Do they inform customers that the figure has been altered and buyers have the option to request a cancellation or would they need to cancel all orders, refund them and request everyone reorder the new figure under the new license once it’s announced to avoid any confusion upon release?

It’s possible that not everyone is paying as much attention as us so, if a NWH Garfield shows up with a face that looks ten years older than what someone thought they had purchased, that could cause issues.
Valid point, but were there any authorized retailers that actually put it up for PO? I thought it was just the HK resellers that had it available, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do anything if a customer complained that the final product didn't match the solicited item. I don't even know if HT ever opened this up for direct PO at one of their stores, but if they did, I would hope they communicated that out to their direct customers (assuming they weren't obligated to do so).

Valid point, but were there any authorized retailers that actually put it up for PO? I thought it was just the HK resellers that had it available, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do anything if a customer complained that the final product didn't match the solicited item. I don't even know if HT ever opened this up for direct PO at one of their stores, but if they did, I would hope they communicated that out to their direct customers (assuming they weren't obligated to do so).
That’s true. Although they may probably still be worried as someone could just open a PayPal claim saying they ordered the Amazing Spider-Man-man 2 figure and received a No Way Home one and demand a partial refund. There’ll always be opportunists looking to exploit a situation.

So is this going to be a figure that never goes up for preorder? Seriously everything else from this movie went up for preorder except this figure. Hot toys you and sideshow are already pushing it. Don’t let us down. Put it up.

Every time I see a new post, I get excited because I thought new pictures are up or there is some form of update…

But something is stopping them from updating this figure…

Last edited:
Back