Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame the others are so vastly superior to this release. I actually like Andrew's Spider-Man better than Tobey's (blasphemy I know), but the new Tobey figure is vastly superior.
Good point.

As for displaying, it will be difficult to choose all three unmasked or masked. I would most likely display them unmasked, to show off the head sculpts. I can definitely see the big Spiderman fans getting two of each. Ouch on the $$!

Glad to know we'll be getting a new sculpt for this plus the fact it's under NWH now we at least know why it hadn't gone up for preorder. Figure looks great overall but anymore improvements would be great, I feel the arms on the body are to slim and need a bit more bicep muscle.
So they are releasing Andrew under NWH home now with an updated head sculpt? I thought we were getting Amazing Spidey 2 with the same sculpt repainted?

Good point.

As for displaying, it will be difficult to choose all three unmasked or masked. I would most likely display them unmasked, to show off the head sculpts. I can definitely see the big Spiderman fans getting two of each. Ouch on the $$!
Yep would be a shame to have that Tobey sculpt laying in the box, especially at these prices.

So they are releasing Andrew under NWH home now with an updated head sculpt? I thought we were getting Amazing Spidey 2 with the same sculpt repainted?
Apparently yes. I liked the repaint on the pictures we already got. So I just hope we don't get a downgrade in headsculpt. That would really suck.

Or maybe I am wrong and they will release 2 versions ?

We were at first but now it's under NWH. So it will be a bit before it goes up for preorder at SS since they will probably make a new Andrew sculpt. That's why it never went up and Tobey's Spider-man which has now been revealed is under NWH also. Hopefully that means the deluxe lizard base is now included with Andrew's Spidey deluxe set only.

Yeah after seeing that Tobey sculpt I think they almost have to update this one now so they can actually look right together.

Although I do still love the current sculpt and would love to see it included as well for that AS2 look.

Garfield was always my favorite Spider-Man. I don't fault him for the travesty that was ASM2, I think his performance as both Peter and Spidey was better than Maguire. I was so happy to see him suit up again.

I think this is the Spidey I want to pair with Venom. Holland's Spidey is just too small and the Classic Suit Spidey doesn't look right next to the big guy. This is probably the most comic accurate suit and I think they'll pair together splendidly.

I've seen it repeated multiple times in this thread, but who actually confirmed that this is getting a new head sculpt and will be rebranded under the NWH license? HT has made updates/additions to previously solicited figures before, so a revised head sculpt is plausible. But I've never seen them announce a figure under one license then change it to another one entirely. That's a huge licensing flub if they end up doing that.

I've seen it repeated multiple times in this thread, but who actually confirmed that this is getting a new head sculpt and will be rebranded under the NWH license? HT has made updates/additions to previously solicited figures before, so a revised head sculpt is plausible. But I've never seen them announce a figure under one license then change it to another one entirely. That's a huge licensing flub if they end up doing that.
I could be wrong, but I believe it was said in the Sideshow comic con preview video showcasing the NWH figures

Even with a new revised older headsculpt, you’d think Sideshow would have it up for preorder. It’s not like it’s going to come out next month. We’ll be lucky if it lands in the Sept-Oct 2023 timeframe at this point.

last time Sideshow took this long to be up the Blitzway Ecto-1 from Afterlife was not being sold at SSC afterall.

Yeah, it’s just weird. How many times have they blurred out the headsculpt on preorder photos? HT still has him up with all the original ASM2 branding on their site. Just odd.

Back