Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took another look at it this morning on the way out to work.

ROGUE LEADER LUKE 003.jpg

It is a decent figure. It's just not blowing me away like I'd hoped (so far anyway). Just a couple of things sticking out so far...that weird spray-on goo on the jacket sleeves, the extremely restrictive articulation, that insanely cheap looking stand.

I'm hopeful it'll grow on me once I have time to really work with it and take some shots. I missed the Sideshow version when it came out so this looked like a great "second chance" at Luke with this gear. Right now, it's reminding me of the HT ESB Vader. So near, yet so far. And Vader went back in the box.

Do love that painting. One of my favorite McQuarrie pieces.

So let's see...

ROGUE LEADER LUKE 006.jpg

Well start your grinnin' and drop your linen...got it! Pretty close anyway.

I gotta scrub off the layer of cynicism I've built up around collecting lately. It can still be fun. Now I'm enjoying this figure! :)

Thanks for the great suggestion, Mondragon...this is my display pose!

Last edited:
Don't have him, anyone try this iconic pose? with his downed ship and approaching behemoth.
That the visual follow up becomes him climbing up, and cutting open the belly of mechanical-beast, is absolute modern mythos.
6tcgb2.jpg
I've got the original "Portfolio" set of McQuarrie prints and this was one of my favorites. The one with the snowspeeder wrapping the cable around the AT-AT was also super cool. (Heck, they all were cool...) :wink1:

Okay, I'll stop photo-bombing the thread after this....but I liked the way this shot came out.

ROGUE LEADER LUKE 008.jpg

A few nice things to say. I like the bulkiness of the suit...the molded texture on the gloves works really well...the portrait looks even better with the helmet on. Looking forward to getting some shots of this in the snow later this year...

Sometimes, Hot toys achieves a "maquette" quality to their releases...meaning they look like actors in costume shrunk down in size, almost lifelike.

Other times, Hot Toys misses the mark (clothes don't drape right, expression dull, likeness bad, etc) and the figure winds up looking like a very expensive doll.

I bought Luke with Jango... Jango gave off the "man in a suit" vibe... Luke looked like a doll. It happens. Maybe he can be tweaked?

But for the money Hot Toys is demanding, EVERY. SINGLE. RELEASE. needs to achieve maquette quality, IMO.

I’ve been accruing figures and leaving most of them in the box since last December but now I’m finally in an unboxing mood and working my way through the pile.

This Luke is beautiful; plain and simple.

I originally planned on doing the dangling pose, hanging Luke from the ceiling but that would just look kinda goofy and obstruct too much of the lovely orange suit from view so I opted for a classic gazing into the near distance while priming for the approaching threat look.
D20277A1-4B1A-49E7-A91D-2FE9E7251DFA.jpeg

75A362D1-5DFB-4532-8FA8-7B61D7F5B403.jpeg

0656BFFE-7ECA-44BA-B3F2-20D89D0CCB88.jpeg

I noticed EXO-6 are retooling their battery compartments to comply with Australian laws. Is there any chance Hot Toys are doing the same, and that's why the next batch of Snowspeeder Luke isn't coming till November?

I'm assuming it makes good business sense moving forward, in case other jurisdictions introduce similar laws.

Anybody else receive theirs in a non-standard box? Mine arrived from Sideshow in a plain old shipping box. The figure inside did not have a brown Hot Toys shipping box nor was it covered with plastic wrap. I inspected the contents carefully and everything seems to be there but it’s like I was sent one that was “open box” or a return or one they used as a “demo” for their youtube videos or something. I can’t really see anything wrong with the figure but I was definitely surprised/concerned to receive it from them this way.

Back