Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just clocked up $266 Rewards Points so this has been ordered free of charge.
I'll still have to cover shipping and tax but I'm ok with that.

Sent from the Death Star Communications Division

I did the same with some of my accumulated rewards points! Always nice to get something this nice for (almost) free!

Since this came up earlier, I'll post this here about AE's allocations regarding figures

This was an email sent out today.

I have a buddy that is a 1:6 vendor that was saying this years ago. He got out of buying from Sideshow since he saw they frequently discounted their figures. At the time they also wanted him to order many of figures that were low demand in order to fulfill other orders. Sounds like its only gotten worse since then.

I have a buddy that is a 1:6 vendor that was saying this years ago. He got out of buying from Sideshow since he saw they frequently discounted their figures. At the time they also wanted him to order many of figures that were low demand in order to fulfill other orders. Sounds like its only gotten worse since then.

Yep that's what a total monopoly on distribution creates.

Yep that's what a total monopoly on distribution creates.

On the other hand, Sideshow has the means to manage all that distribution, if they sold all of their stock to retailers that's less money for them to continue being a viable business, and I doubt that AE and Bbts could step up to be a collectibles distributor at the level sideshow is, it's a whole different ball game, so it's a tough situation on both ends. SS is a pretty fair retailer and a decent distributor. From AEs perspective they sold through and have made garuntee income, if SS let every account just order whatever they wanted then they'd lose and all the retailers would be racing each other to the bottom, that restriction on supply becomes necessary

On the other hand, Sideshow has the means to manage all that distribution, if they sold all of their stock to retailers that's less money for them to continue being a viable business, and I doubt that AE and Bbts could step up to be a collectibles distributor at the level sideshow is, it's a whole different ball game, so it's a tough situation on both ends. SS is a pretty fair retailer and a decent distributor. From AEs perspective they sold through and have made garuntee income, if SS let every account just order whatever they wanted then they'd lose and all the retailers would be racing each other to the bottom, that restriction on supply becomes necessary

Yes, but I think the issue comes down to the fact that Sideshow choses to sell AND distribute. That is essentially a conflict of interest. Many other distributors do only that, distribute and survive fine.

Playing devils advocate, I guess the one benefit of this for consumers is that Sideshow can dictate the price of figures, but that also comes at he price of reduced margins at smaller shops and potentially putting them at risk of going under.

Definately thinking about picking this up.

I really only collect Imperials but ESB and ESB Luke are my favourite movie and character. Either this or the shoretrooper.

Sorry for the bump! Just had to say that I finally placed my order. I was waiting for a promo code from my Iron Man Mk 85 to come through, and I used points for the rest of the balance. First time I've done that--fully pay off a figure with points.

Now I just have to wait OVER A YEAR.:impatient:

Yeah this new 2 year window thing really sucks - it almost deflates the excitement you feel when a new HT fig pops up. "YESSSS they're doing a Han Bespin! .... the fig we've been waiting 4+ years for them to announce, and umm... it ships in late 2023.":lol

Yeah I really hope that was a result of pandemic related stuff and will return to "normal" at some point.

Assuming they're just re-using the same old sculpt this will probably get randomly pushed forward, could see it popping up in Hong Kong sometime in the fall.

Yep. April-June 2022

It already feels like 2 years since they announced it !!

This was one I actually believed they could pull forward a bit considering the 2 year timespan seemed a bit like "we don't know when", so they put a 2 year "safe delivery time" on it.

I guess we'll see, but I hope they do pull him forward. Still an excellent figure when I look at it.

Timeline for figures:

See figure at SDCC
Two to three years later: Preorder
Two Years Later: Justin reviews figure
Two Years & six month Later: In Hand

Back