Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up using this sculpt for my Mando Luke custom and put one of the side eye sculpts on the snowspeeder Luke. I'm still a fan of this sculpt for a ROTJ look but what's weird to me is Hot Toys paint keeps getting darker and darker to the point this new one looks like he's got a spray tan compared to the original ROTJ version. Is this just me or...?

I have a quick question:

Can anyone post the underside of the headsculpt/neck. I received this as a gift and I’m pretty sure the neck won’t fit into the body for my figure. And SS won’t do anything now since it’s outside the 30 days.

Attachments

• 6E7DB29D-C471-49B5-8129-D3504201D614.jpeg
    6E7DB29D-C471-49B5-8129-D3504201D614.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • C8986940-EC3A-42E9-981B-25FC827FD2A7.jpeg
    C8986940-EC3A-42E9-981B-25FC827FD2A7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • BE2C1CE0-92F3-47B4-9EFB-EB619AD93AA2.jpeg
    BE2C1CE0-92F3-47B4-9EFB-EB619AD93AA2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I have a quick question:

Can anyone post the underside of the headsculpt/neck. I received this as a gift and I’m pretty sure the neck won’t fit into the body for my figure. And SS won’t do anything now since it’s outside the 30 days.
Yeah that head looks right. I have six of those in my stash and that joint is correct.
Try this:
Put some boiling water in a mug or similar. Remove the hair from the figure and holding the head, put the bottom centimetre of the neck into the water for a minute. It won’t affect the paintwork.
When it’s been in a minute, remove it and dry it with a cloth. Then try and pop it onto the neck. It will just slide on.
If that doesn’t do the trick, you might have some cloth bunched up in there. Try using tweezers to pull the cloth away from the body ball joint.
There will be nothing nefarious about the figure. If it came from sideshow and all the parts are there, the idea that someone swapped out the body(Which isn’t a high price item to find on the second hand market), wouldn’t be something anyone would do.
I can post pics of my heads if you need confirmation.

Custom Snowspeeder Luke, based on the HT figure with some Sideshow parts and an Inigo Gil headsculpt.

View attachment 611752

I also customised another...(still need to repaint one of the chestbox buttons).

View attachment 611753
That Luke looks incredible! Great work! Is that the ROTJ custom head sculpt you’ve used? That’s the only downside of the stock figure for me. HT should’ve given us another, more accurate rendition of Luke, rather than reusing their ROTJ head sculpt which has never convinced me.

That Luke looks incredible! Great work! Is that the ROTJ custom head sculpt you’ve used? That’s the only downside of the stock figure for me. HT should’ve given us another, more accurate rendition of Luke, rather than reusing their ROTJ head sculpt which has never convinced me.

It's Inigo's ESB/ROTJ head, the one with the interchangeable hair depending on which film you decide to go with. The head on it's own without any hair fits nicely into the skullcap from the HT figure. I swapped the visor and chinstrap for the SS versions on the helmet.

I've never liked that HT head; it always reminded me of Bailey from Party of Five, especially side on.

Thanks for the comments fellas!

Back