Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received this awesome figure today!!!

I think it looks like a real man on a suit. That's the dream, haha.

One of my favorites so far!

P.S. I (a little bit) hate the waist stand.

IMG20220812202614.jpg

IMG20220812202203.jpg

Long shot but does anyone have a helmet mic they don’t want/need? Dropped the one from my Luke a few days ago and can’t find it 😕

Long shot but does anyone have a helmet mic they don’t want/need? Dropped the one from my Luke a few days ago and can’t find it 😕

I think I might glue mine into place. Having that little piece loose is just asking for trouble. In ten years half of them will be missing.

I think I might glue mine into place. Having that little piece loose is just asking for trouble. In ten years half of them will be missing.

HT probably didn’t have it attached to avoid it breaking. But of course they then get lost!

They really should have put a spare in for such a small piece..

You can say that again. I ordered my Deckard through them and learned that the hard way.
Did you eventually get Deckard? I know everyone who ordered Present Toy's Indy through them had their orders canceled 6 weeks after it came out. You can order a second batch through them but I wouldn't trust them.

I finally got a shipping notification from ToysWonderland.com about my 2nd batch preorder for this figure, complete with the DHL tracking details...

...then 20 minutes later I got an email the figure's been delayed until the end of October hahahah, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

I guess Popcultcha must be getting the second batch too...?

Did you eventually get Deckard? I know everyone who ordered Present Toy's Indy through them had their orders canceled 6 weeks after it came out. You can order a second batch through them but I wouldn't trust them.
I did get Deckard, but I’ll never order thru them again.

Always enjoy seeing your mods Tali.

Mind me asking what you used for the new Hoth gloves?
Sorry I actually don't recall - they were some kind of cowboy gloved hands from memory. I still have to do a white wash over the lower (non-gauntlet/hands) area.

Good gloved hands are one the toughest things to find in 1/6 - they are either too big, have too-fat or too-skinny fingers (and often too long or too short fingers - a few of the HT Maul gloved hands have little kid fingers), or the sculpt just doesn't realistically capture the ripples of a gloved hand.

And it's across most manufacturers, one of the worst offenders is HT. The HT V.1 ANH Vader hands and DS Gunner hands are just awful.

Despite a very nice gauntlet sculpt, I'd almost add this figure's actual gloved hands to the naughty list too. I'm eventually replacing them.

This is my oldest outstanding pre-order, passing the two year mark earlier this week.

He's apparently going to be with me soon.

I guess I'm supposed to be feeling something, because at least he's classic Star Wars.

Yet I've become comfortably numb with regards to all Star Wars.

Yes, I would. That's the issue.

You are joking right? Everyone in Australia is ignoring the new rules except Popcultcha, even the supermarkets!
"All items regarding Button Battery compliance are being examined on a Case by Case basis and we wont have any final answers or decisions" until "a thorough examination has been done on the item in full." They are exploring the idea of "selling the item without the Battery Add On feature."

I would say that this is likely what will happen with this figure as the saber arm can't be made compliant. The main problems are that the compartment cover must have a captive screw (HT saber arms, including Luke Snowspeeder, have a screw that is separate, so not compliant,) and that all products have to be put before an independent testing lab to be cleared as compliant. Very expensive for a single add-on/bonus item like the saber arm.

I have liked PC in the past but this is likely the last order I place with them - beyond this, other strange issues with pennies, very slow on receiving/shipping product, sometimes slow communication, prices getting pretty high. I've started to like the HK sellers more - just a lot more clarity and speed.

"All items regarding Button Battery compliance are being examined on a Case by Case basis and we wont have any final answers or decisions" until "a thorough examination has been done on the item in full." They are exploring the idea of "selling the item without the Battery Add On feature."

I would say that this is likely what will happen with this figure as the saber arm can't be made compliant. The main problems are that the compartment cover must have a captive screw (HT saber arms, including Luke Snowspeeder, have a screw that is separate, so not compliant,) and that all products have to be put before an independent testing lab to be cleared as compliant. Very expensive for a single add-on/bonus item like the saber arm.

I have liked PC in the past but this is likely the last order I place with them - beyond this, other strange issues with pennies, very slow on receiving/shipping product, sometimes slow communication, prices getting pretty high. I've started to like the HK sellers more - just a lot more clarity and speed.
Hk sellers-This is the way!!

Received my Second Batch from ToysWonderland. They appear to have their own boxes now which is nice.

Still probably wont pre-order from them again given the amount of controversy around / how shady their communication is around their stock etc, but it is my second figure I've gotten from them, and I did get this figure for a pretty solid discount for a preorder (got it for HKD $1400 after vouchers/discounts , plus $ 500 for shipping, so $1900 total).

It is funny, the photos dont really capture how impressive the figure is. The suit material and weathering is great, the amount of bits and bobs and general details is so much greater than your average printed decal clone or storm trooper that it's amazing they charge similar prices for them.

Received my Second Batch from ToysWonderland. They appear to have their own boxes now which is nice.

Still probably wont pre-order from them again given the amount of controversy around / how shady their communication is around their stock etc, but it is my second figure I've gotten from them, and I did get this figure for a pretty solid discount for a preorder (got it for HKD $1400 after vouchers/discounts , plus $ 500 for shipping, so $1900 total).

It is funny, the photos dont really capture how impressive the figure is. The suit material and weathering is great, the amount of bits and bobs and general details is so much greater than your average printed decal clone or storm trooper that it's amazing they charge similar prices for them.
Interesting that they finally decided to invest in boxes. The guy making the Poorly fitting boxes must have quit.

I guess HT does have a large variety of box sizes when I think about it.

Interesting that they finally decided to invest in boxes. The guy making the Poorly fitting boxes must have quit.

I guess HT does have a large variety of box sizes when I think about it.
Yeah the whole thing was fairly well packaged which is surprising, everything was tucked in/ flush and secure.

I finally got to cross my oldest pre-order off the list.

First thing I noticed was how unusually fat the box was.

I'd already pulled my Sideshow Snowspeeder Luke out of the display so I could compare them. Sideshow, being Sideshow, have often been hit or miss with their body selections. Sometimes I think they put a blindfold on and throw a dart at a list of options. Remember that one time at band camp when they put Hoth Luke on Hoth Han's body, and vice versa?

I must've found SS Snowspeeder Luke to be too tall because I ported him over to a Disney Krennic body, and even had to remove part of the ankle caps from that.

Miraculously, the HT version looks to be an almost exact match in height to my modded SS.

In comparison the HT is noticeably slimmer everywhere - arms, legs, torso. He also looks to have a short neck, but that may be an illusion due to the collar being higher.

The greatly increased weathering and slimmer look of the HT is shouting Dagobah at me, rather than Hoth. But that wasn't my original plan for him.

Onwards with the unboxing.

Getting the helmet apart was nerve wracking. The crest was snapped in tight, and the helmet felt very fragile. I was considering not trying and leaving him helmetless, but persisted until it finally came free. :panic:

It's all very snug and well fitting once reassembled with the sculpt inside.

The harpoon is a nuisance as it keeps falling apart, so I have to keep feeding the strings back inside. :gah:

The HT waist grabber is also a nuisance so I changed it for a crotch grabber.

Once assembled, and standing next to the Sideshow, I prefer Sideshow's as a Hoth representation because he looks like he's dressed for Norway.

The HT is skinny, especially in the legs, and looks more like he's dressed for a regular British summer.

Yet the HT is the more human looking figure, with a more proportional helmet.

When I originally put the HT onto the same base as the SS they appeared to be the same height, but the SS is taller now he's straightened up. Plus the SS helmet is bigger and shaped almost completely differently, with a taller dome so that the Rebel symbols are facing more forwards than upwards.

100_2754.JPG

I guess I'll put the HT into the Hoth display, because I wanted a HT Luke to accompany Leia. For Dagobah I have HT's Luke in Bespin fatigues with Yoda, because that's how I like to remember those scenes.

SS Snowspeeder Luke will go back into the second string Hoth display.

There was something up with the HT's left shoulder being pushed up too high. After taking the photo I applied some brute force and managed to shift it down, so it looks more natural now.

Back