Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s all HT Snowspeeder Luke, except for the gloves (SSC Biker Scout), boots & scratch-built custom parts.
Nice work!
I just noticed that all the US retailers are pretty much sold out of this figure. And it’s one of the few that is not getting the discount code at Sideshow nor markdowns overseas. Which leads me to believe that it probably won’t be in stock too much longer.
I have a lead on a US retailer w/free shipping that has one still if anyone hasn't ordered yet

With the helmet on and the head fully snapped onto the ball joint, I find that it looks too constrictive. I've since not fully placed the head snapped onto the ball joint and the puffy collar adds enough friction to keep the head in poses and not look so jammed up. And no, it doesn't look like a giraffe neck if pushed down to where the ball meets the receptacle - just not snapped on.

With the helmet on and the head fully snapped onto the ball joint, I find that it looks too constrictive. I've since not fully placed the head snapped onto the ball joint and the puffy collar adds enough friction to keep the head in poses and not look so jammed up. And no, it doesn't look like a giraffe neck if pushed down to where the ball meets the receptacle - just not snapped on.
I would be willing to try this but then I remember how difficult it was to snap the head back on so hell no lol

I just noticed that all the US retailers are pretty much sold out of this figure. And it’s one of the few that is not getting the discount code at Sideshow nor markdowns overseas. Which leads me to believe that it probably won’t be in stock too much longer.

I don't think there's cause for alarm yet.

Discount codes still apply to the figure. The 10% QR discount code still works on it, and it qualified for the very recent 4th of July 10% off code.

US retailer stock is not a good indicator either. Authorized retailers pre sell out of popular figures. Some don't even last a few hours.

Sideshow does not allocate a lot of figures to their authorized retailers; that's an open secret. The most popular and trusted retailers have long sold out. Not of just this, but of many figures.

It's undoubtedly a popular figure and a steady seller. Sure, it could sell out at any given time. But it also just came out and they probably made a ton which Sideshow is holding onto a large amount of. Figures just typically don't sell out quickly anymore.

Got my first one Wednesday and my second one arrived today. Time for some upgrades.

Attachments

• E0A692B5-3AE6-4ED8-A02E-79B66F718CA1.jpeg
    E0A692B5-3AE6-4ED8-A02E-79B66F718CA1.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 0D2D5391-1EBE-463B-97DE-9ABB98E5CD10.jpeg
    0D2D5391-1EBE-463B-97DE-9ABB98E5CD10.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 0
Well.. not straight of the box :) How did you make that trigger finger (xacto-knife)?

What a pain is the a$$ to disassemble the helmet the first time. I am helping a friend (who got him earlier than me) and we are not able to open it.
You got it! I did the xacto-knife thing on the right-gripping hand. I shared a pic earlier in the thread when doing it on the Mando Scout.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...-luke-skywalker.235086/page-111#post-10717399
1657918603903.png

Happy slicing! ;)

Started work on my Dak custom, using the Chris Redfield head. Just to tidy up the Rebel logos and a little weathering now. Fortunately, Dak's helmet is very easy to paint. I managed to buy the jacket, vest, chest box and gloves loose. I won't bother with the lower half, as it's mostly hidden.

snow188.jpg

Started work on my Dak custom, using the Chris Redfield head. Just to tidy up the Rebel logos and a little weathering now. Fortunately, Dak's helmet is very easy to paint. I managed to buy the jacket, vest, chest box and gloves loose. I won't bother with the lower half, as it's mostly hidden.

snow188.jpg
Good start. Very nice.

That black strip that runs around the bottom of the helmet has a troublingly sticky/gummy feel. Hopefully it isn't already degrading.

Anyone know if this head would look good on ANH Luke?
To me it's more firmly a slightly older ESB/ROTJ Luke likeness (where he looks late 20s/early 30s,) rather than the more baby-faced (mid 20s) pre-accident look of ANH, but I'd be curious to see it with an ANH hairsculpt.

Is anyone else’s Snowspeeder Luke head very loose? Not sure if it’s the actual head or the neck peg but it’s definitely not connecting all the way and slumps forward backward and side to side. Luckily I ordered from SS so they should be able to replace it but I was just wondering if this was a known issue. I do seem to remember some HT Jango head sculpts being loose.

Back