Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of variations I never noticed. I knew about the brown Bespin and grey/white Hoth or Snowspeeder but had no idea if the other stuff. Except the fat vs skinny boots for the Snowspeeder. Interesting. (Runs to order a second Luke)
I know I should just wait out the eventual HT Hoth Luke, even if it takes years, but it would certainly be fun to overhaul the SS figure.

Seems like Sideshow have shipped mine direct from Hong Kong to me in Ireland. Should have it tomorrow.

I had to pay an additional $137 in Customs fees and shipping.

You USA guys have it so lucky when It comes to buying from Sideshow.
R.gif
that shipping cost and customs fees...that's much

Seems like Sideshow have shipped mine direct from Hong Kong to me in Ireland. Should have it tomorrow.

I had to pay an additional $137 in Customs fees and shipping.

You USA guys have it so lucky when It comes to buying from Sideshow.
I agree i’ll take massive mass shootings over more expensive hot toys any day of the week!

Hold on my hot toys just arrived let me go put on my kevlar vest so that I can go outside to get my box be right back.

I agree i’ll take massive mass shootings over more expensive hot toys any day of the week!

Hold on my hot toys just arrived let me go put on my kevlar vest so that I can go outside to get my box be right back.
I actually had a great chat with my delivery guy about Star Wars as he was curious what was in the box.

Not very good edits but I was thinking about how the bespin head or maybe the wet hair piece at least might look on this luke for the dagobah look. This gives me an idea and I think it might be better

View attachment 586978
View attachment 586979
Hmm, wait another 12-18 months on top of the 18 month wait for the Snowspeeder figure, and pay another $285 + ship/tax on top of the $265 + ship/tax you just paid for the Snowspeeder fig. To buy yourself a sliiiightly better Bespin outfit than the one you already have, and a head that is sliiightly better than the one that came with your snowspeeder fig. 😬

We are a funny bunch. :lol

Hmm, wait another 12-18 months on top of the 18 month wait for the Snowspeeder figure, and pay another $285 + ship/tax on top of the $265 + ship/tax you just paid for the Snowspeeder fig. To buy yourself a sliiiightly better Bespin outfit than the one you already have, and a head that is sliiightly better than the one that came with your snowspeeder fig. 😬

We are a funny bunch. :lol
You said the quiet part out loud. (Runs to order another figure)

Got my first one of this fig in-hand. It's 2/3 to 3/4 utterly superb and 1/4 to 1/3 head-scratch, but fortunately the 2/3 to 3/4 is the major aspects and the 1/4 to 1/3 is the more minor stuff. Warning: I know a LOT about this outfit (and have custom-built it twice) so this will seem way nitpicky.

The headsculpt is a bit darker coloration than the Jedi version, but can't say the apps quality are any better on this re-use. The hair still has a bit of that strange copper color HT goes to for Luke's hair, though nowhere near as noticeable as it was on "duracell farmboy." The hairsculpt isn't quite as sharp as I was expecting, and it almost seems like it might be a whisker undersized (like it needed 5-10% more volume) but it's very nice overall.

LOVE the snow jacket, though it's ironic that the SSC version was criticized for being not weathered enough, whereas this one seems a bit over-weathered compared with the costume - strange because HT is criticized for not weathering enough and SSC is sometimes criticized for over-weathering (Biker Scout, sandtroopers as example).

Love-love the boots - so fascinating how they achieved it. Stunning engineering. I'm a bit bummed they don't scrunch/bunch down much at all though - they have to remain straight and you also can't tease the gaiters open/outward between the straps like they do on the costume as it's all glued and immobile.

They did an utterly awesome job on the leather belt - by far the most accurate Luke ESB belt ever done (most, both HT and SSC, have the belt too narrow) - as well as the bib/vest and the chestbox. The SSC chestboxes were a bit undersized and the finish on this new one is superb.

The knee bandolier, webbing straps and gloved handsculpts are junk - as is that stupid, ridiculous grenade. The grappling gun is a bit of a disappointment too - fine overall and nice crisp paint apps, but so many paint and sculpt minor errors that add up. And STILL bummed they released this with the standard Bespin-style blaster instead of the Muppet show/Dagobah arrival blaster - which has many differences, and is the ONLY time Luke ever uses a blaster in this orange outfit.

Finally - the helmet. This was the time for THE definitive X-wing helmet but this one, while a big step forward, fell short for me as definitive. The deco is a MASSIVE improvement over the Red Five SSC version, but the rebel emblems are still too small/wrong, the yellow visor is more accurate on the SSC version and the chinstrap is a strange mess-up by HT in multiple ways. What's odd is that the SSC and HT helmet sculpts (setting aside the paint quality) are quite different. The HT is better overall despite errors like the front of the mohawk being off, but I do think the SSC has a more accurate upper "volume" - the HT seems almost slightly "deflated" at the top.

Here is a visual tribute to two items this fig should have come with - an accurate ATAT killer grenade, and the Muppet Show/Dago arrival blaster...

WBCXpJ2.jpg

W54lgLa.jpg

Hoody, that display is ridiculous. Just awesome. Where did you get the shelves? Those are perfect.
Self designed and self made. Not difficult. Just lengths of black covered Melamine board cut to length at the local hardware store. Then screwed together and supported with a black backing board (IKEA style). Lighting was a little more difficult, but essentially LEDs mounted in aluminium channel with 45deg angle with opaque diffuser.

Steps are black powder coated (or actually a dark grey) thin steel C-section. Still need to make some 3D printed end caps.

After a lot of research it was the most cost effective solution for the number of figures which can be displayed without being too cramped.

I have another similar on the opposite side of the home office for Marvel and DC figures. I have a pic somewhere.....

Need to move that vertical piece to the right to fit in Drax and Mantis (hopefully from GotG 3), and the planned Batman lineup (Knightmare Batfleck, Battinson and Keaton Batman still to come). Still room for Cyborg up top, and a Blacksuit Superman hovering behind Darkseid (even if not 100% correct suit colour). Golden Wonderwoman may need to go ? But she's pretty impressive....

Black Widow on order for between Thor and Banner.

IMG_4382 3.jpg

IMG_4383.JPG

While waiting for my BBTS Luke to be shipped I went ahead and ordered one that was in stock at SSC. It should arrive Tuesday. Then I get the email that my BBTS figure is ready to ship. Both should be here close together. Can’t wait.

Self designed and self made. Not difficult. Just lengths of black covered Melamine board cut to length at the local hardware store. Then screwed together and supported with a black backing board (IKEA style). Lighting was a little more difficult, but essentially LEDs mounted in aluminium channel with 45deg angle with opaque diffuser.

Steps are black powder coated (or actually a dark grey) thin steel C-section. Still need to make some 3D printed end caps.

After a lot of research it was the most cost effective solution for the number of figures which can be displayed without being too cramped.

I have another similar on the opposite side of the home office for Marvel and DC figures. I have a pic somewhere.....

Need to move that vertical piece to the right to fit in Drax and Mantis (hopefully from GotG 3), and the planned Batman lineup (Knightmare Batfleck, Battinson and Keaton Batman still to come). Still room for Cyborg up top, and a Blacksuit Superman hovering behind Darkseid (even if not 100% correct suit colour). Golden Wonderwoman may need to go ? But she's pretty impressive....

Black Widow on order for between Thor and Banner.

View attachment 587403

View attachment 587404
Really great. Just awesome. If I was handy in any way, I would attempt it. That is much better than detolfs.

I’ve had this figure for about a week and, in short, it’s a total banger. Definitely planning to keep my eyes out for a deal later on to pick up a second one to pose in more of a Dagobah landing look. My main gripes are the added snow piece for the base, I don’t quite see how you can orient it so it’s properly snug up against the base. Luke’s feet are always in the way because of how the weird waist grabber pushes him forward more than usual. And then a couple outfit things—I found the helmet very difficult to get on with the head still on the figure because of the coat collar, and I also found the whole chest box/vest combo to be very difficult to futz. The vest keeps wanting to ride up too high in front, and unless I’m missing something I can’t figure out how to loosen the top two straps on the chest box so it can be moved down and stay as low as it should be either. I’ll probably keep messing with it.

But really, mostly all just minor complaints from me. Once I pulled the head off I did find the helmet to be quite easy to get on and off with no signs I’ve seen so far of possibly damaging the sculpt. In the instructions it is weird because HT say to slide the chinstrap piece in under the snoopy cap against his cheeks, but just as the screenshots above show it obviously should go between the cap and the helmet, since you know, it’s the helmet chin strap. I know Jedha in his video showed that he scratched the face sculpt doing that, and I was really confused why he would’ve put the chin strap in that way until I looked at the instructions booklet and saw that HT screwed up that part of the instructions.

Back