Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With parts kinda hard to come by for this figure I'm tempted to get another one of these to be the base for a Hoth Luke. Could use the body, sculpt, boots, gloves, belt, and blaster.

Are these gloves the same as the Hoth ones in the movie?

Yeah I'm pretty conflicted on it right now.. It's annoying that it wasn't sealed and I was told with another figure that the returns they do are MIB from the factory. I noticed on the shipper too that it had residue from old tape.

I'm already uber tired of the return process and doing these stupid emails back and forth and I may have to do another return for my Jango fett because of a big scratch on his armor and a scratch on his helmet cover which they gave me their crappy copy paste response when I asked for parts and they offered the figure exchange.
Seems like your on the sideshow so called blacklist I heard folks talk about. This used figure thing seems to happen frequently to the same people and less with others.

Seems like your on the sideshow so called blacklist I heard folks talk about. This used figure thing seems to happen frequently to the same people and less with others.
Lol who knows, I wouldn't doubt it but the figure is practicly brand new and in better condition than the first one. You would be able to tell if someone had messed with it and those little white covers in the hand pegs were in tact, this is also the first time I've had this issue.

In the past 2 years I've only asked for replacements on 2 figures, I always ask for the replacement parts over anything because of the return shipping hastle.

I'm also always nice in my writing when it comes to sideshow customer support, they've usually done me good.

Last edited:
Lol who knows, I wouldn't doubt it but the figure is practicly brand new and in better condition than the first one. You would be able to tell if someone had messed with it and those little white covers in the hand pegs were in tact, this is also the first time I've had this issue.

In the past 2 years I've only asked for replacements on 2 figures, I always ask for the replacement parts over anything because of the return shipping hastle.

I'm also always nice in my writing when it comes to sideshow customer support, they've usually done me good.

I would not put stock in any of that. Sideshow has no reason to have a list of that sort. It’d be bad for business.

I’ve kept loose tabs on the people who’ve gotten unusual figures from Sideshow and typically it’s just once. Most people complain to customer service and it doesn’t happen again. If it happened multiple times to someone then I haven’t seen it mentioned here. It’s just hearsay unless it’s documented.

It did happen to me once in the about 260 orders I’ve had with Sideshow. I complained and it hasn’t happened since.

They should really never try to pass on one of these seemingly opened figures to a customer. It’s not acceptable. They even have the Sideshow seconds for it. I don’t know what exactly happened with your figure but hopefully this is just an anomaly and doesn’t happen again.

I’m sure it helps that you are pleasant with them but you are not on a list. And you wouldn’t be even if you weren’t nice. It’d take a lot more than a bad attitude to get on some kind of blacklist with a retailer.

Can anyone give me the secret to keeping the projectile in the grappling gun? I wind it up, push it in, - but if the gun even slightly faces down, the projectile just slides out. design flaw?
Hope this makes sense.

Can anyone give me the secret to keeping the projectile in the grappling gun? I wind it up, push it in, - but if the gun even slightly faces down, the projectile just slides out. design flaw?
Hope this makes sense.
possible safety issue?
Maybe they've designed it that way so no one can take an AtAt out.
I haven't tried mine yet,but curious to see what other's thoughts are.

Hope this makes sense.
It's not the only design flaw on HT's "interpretation" of the grappling gun. :monkey3

LUlElHn.jpg

I would not put stock in any of that. Sideshow has no reason to have a list of that sort. It’d be bad for business.

I’ve kept loose tabs on the people who’ve gotten unusual figures from Sideshow and typically it’s just once. Most people complain to customer service and it doesn’t happen again. If it happened multiple times to someone then I haven’t seen it mentioned here. It’s just hearsay unless it’s documented.

It did happen to me once in the about 260 orders I’ve had with Sideshow. I complained and it hasn’t happened since.

They should really never try to pass on one of these seemingly opened figures to a customer. It’s not acceptable. They even have the Sideshow seconds for it. I don’t know what exactly happened with your figure but hopefully this is just an anomaly and doesn’t happen again.

I’m sure it helps that you are pleasant with them but you are not on a list. And you wouldn’t be even if you weren’t nice. It’d take a lot more than a bad attitude to get on some kind of blacklist with a retailer.
Good to know puts my mind more at ease. I did ask them again and their returns coordinator gave me this reply

"This is a very good question. Please know that all products sold and shipped directly by Sideshow are shipped as received from the manufacturer. All collectibles undergo a rigorous quality inspection process prior to arriving at our facility. In addition, for quality assurance purposes some collectibles are also opened and inspected by our on-site quality control team.

That said, we do encourage an inspection of all orders as soon as possible upon delivery. Reporting any potential issues with photos right away will ensure that we are able to assist you in the most efficient manner."

Hope this makes sense.

@Jedha Patrol review might help you out. It does show where the rope attaches and how you can tighten the mechanism so the hook itself stays in place.

Does anyone know if Luke wore the same gloves between his Hoth outfit and Snowspeeder outfit? They look like the same boots and gloves if I’m not mistaken.

Attachments

• C2AE3D22-A3DE-49D0-8893-8F82C5F46154.jpeg
    C2AE3D22-A3DE-49D0-8893-8F82C5F46154.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
  • E0C943AA-F2DD-4E60-9AD9-9D52C5B03E8E.jpeg
    E0C943AA-F2DD-4E60-9AD9-9D52C5B03E8E.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
Paid for my shipping on Friday, got an email this morning from Sideshow to say the item has been delayed. Very weird. No mention of how long the delay is going to be though.

Paid for my shipping on Friday, got an email this morning from Sideshow to say the item has been delayed. Very weird. No mention of how long the delay is going to be though.
R.gif
be patient, then

I wonder if it’s some automated message due to it being a holiday here in the states which causes shipping delays.

Does anyone know if Luke wore the same gloves between his Hoth outfit and Snowspeeder outfit? They look like the same boots and gloves if I’m not mistaken.
Yes, same gloves but the boots are a more complicated answer - there are multiple variations of the boots that vary over Hoth, Snowspeeder, Dagobah and Bespin outfits:

Thin style grey w/white strips - studio shots ATAT
Thick-fat style grey w/white strips - location shots ATAT, Hoth departure, Tauntaun; grey gaiter color is sometimes very dark, other times pale
Thin style light grey/white (straps same color) - Hoth base, getting into snowspeeder, variant used for initial Dagobah arrival
Thin style grey-green-tan - various strap/boot combinations, some heavily weathered others nearly clean, near white straps visible in shots where they are wet - Dagobah and Bespin

Lots of variations I never noticed. I knew about the brown Bespin and grey/white Hoth or Snowspeeder but had no idea if the other stuff. Except the fat vs skinny boots for the Snowspeeder. Interesting. (Runs to order a second Luke)

Back