Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jazz snowspeeder always seems about 10% oversized to my eye (the interior seating quite noticeably so) but that paint-up is just stellar. You've created "the" iconic ESB centerpiece display. :clap

It definitely faced a big challenge in scaling since the real thing had the actor’s legs sticking out the front of it. I think he did a good job considering the alterations that were made.

Stellar work on that repaint. Seeing that makes me want to add more weathering to my scratchbuilt one.

The only thing that bothers me about the JazzInc Snowspeeder, are the gun barrels. I feel they are too close to the wings and there should be a slight gap.

It definitely faced a big challenge in scaling since the real thing had the actor’s legs sticking out the front of it. I think he did a good job considering the alterations that were made.
What do you mean by that?

And I don't mean adjustments to accomodate a figure, I mean the whole thing is 10% oversized. It's a great package overall to arrive in a box all finished (not to mention quite an achievement, like many of Jazz's pieces, especially the electrics) but its not hugely accurate detail-wise, and even some elements of the interior are quite noticeably oversized. The seat unit is at least 25% oversized, as is the "dashboard."

That being said, the snowspeeder is a super difficult vehicle to scale correctly, and has the standard prop vs model differences (and is one of the few vehicles Kenner made oversized rather than under, so many grew up with a slightly skewed/oversized play version of the vehicle anyway.)

Last edited:
As there's no dedicated JazzInc Snowspeeder thread, Luke's thread seems most appropriate. Here's my custom repaint of the very large and incredible JazzInc 1/6 scale T-47 Snowspeeder with the goal of being as accurate as possible to the studio scale Snowspeeder used in The Empire Strikes Back.

The size of this model, being almost 1 meter long, meant some interesting challenges in creating a believable sense of scale. My goal was to replicate both the original painting techniques of ILM from Star Wars, as well as follow studio and film references as closely as possible, to see how close I can get to a screen accurate representation.
An exciting aspect of this build was the use of Archive-X acrylic paints exclusively, which are specifically formulated to replicate the original Floquil paints used to paint models in the original Star Wars films. It was the essential acrylic paints to provide for the goal of accuracy.

Luke and Dak should obviously be in the Rogue Leader version with grey stripes, but the Rogue 3 orange stripe version for me is the most iconic, so I willingly lose a few points of accuracy for putting Luke and Dak into the Rogue 3 :)

View attachment 693689View attachment 693690View attachment 693691View attachment 693692View attachment 693695View attachment 693694View attachment 693693View attachment 693696View attachment 693697

Process photos:
View attachment 693699View attachment 693700View attachment 693701View attachment 693702View attachment 693703View attachment 693704View attachment 693705View attachment 693706View attachment 693707View attachment 693698
Oh man! This is sooo amazing!

As there's no dedicated JazzInc Snowspeeder thread, Luke's thread seems most appropriate. Here's my custom repaint of the very large and incredible JazzInc 1/6 scale T-47 Snowspeeder with the goal of being as accurate as possible to the studio scale Snowspeeder used in The Empire Strikes Back.

The size of this model, being almost 1 meter long, meant some interesting challenges in creating a believable sense of scale. My goal was to replicate both the original painting techniques of ILM from Star Wars, as well as follow studio and film references as closely as possible, to see how close I can get to a screen accurate representation.
An exciting aspect of this build was the use of Archive-X acrylic paints exclusively, which are specifically formulated to replicate the original Floquil paints used to paint models in the original Star Wars films. It was the essential acrylic paints to provide for the goal of accuracy.

Luke and Dak should obviously be in the Rogue Leader version with grey stripes, but the Rogue 3 orange stripe version for me is the most iconic, so I willingly lose a few points of accuracy for putting Luke and Dak into the Rogue 3 :)

View attachment 693689View attachment 693690View attachment 693691View attachment 693692View attachment 693695View attachment 693694View attachment 693693View attachment 693696View attachment 693697

Process photos:
View attachment 693699View attachment 693700View attachment 693701View attachment 693702View attachment 693703View attachment 693704View attachment 693705View attachment 693706View attachment 693707View attachment 693698
This is something from another world...... The orange, the dirt, the damage..... Even Betther Than the Real Thing, @OzzyAndyHam! (if this thing was real!)

This is, hands down, up there with the best stuff I have ever seen on any board. Congratulations, man.

And there is something else that is really cool in there: that head you show a picture of... is that Wedge? Where did you get that sculpt?

Thx.

@TonTon @Chainedstream @Felinx @Marine Boy @Mr. Leitor @asgardianboy
Thanks all for the kind words!!

It's actually Luke and his co-pilot Dak Ralter I have in here, which is innacurate, should be Wedge in the Rogue 3 orange speeder, but the orange is most iconic to me, and wanted Luke and Dak. Not accurate, but hey, i won't lose sleep over it with this mounted on my wall :) I used this head sculpt that I thought had a resemblance to Dak, but needed to shave it down alot to fit in the helmet: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2246355132...3th1ntjsb-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

@TonTon @Chainedstream @Felinx @Marine Boy @Mr. Leitor @asgardianboy
Thanks all for the kind words!!

It's actually Luke and his co-pilot Dak Ralter I have in here, which is innacurate, should be Wedge in the Rogue 3 orange speeder, but the orange is most iconic to me, and wanted Luke and Dak. Not accurate, but hey, i won't lose sleep over it with this mounted on my wall :) I used this head sculpt that I thought had a resemblance to Dak, but needed to shave it down alot to fit in the helmet: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2246355132...3th1ntjsb-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Well that Dietrich does'nt have much to shave, does he? You mean you shaved those ears?
What helmet is that? The disassemblable Sideshow x-wing pilot Luke's?
Thx.

Well that Dietrich does'nt have much to shave, does he? You mean you shaved those ears?
What helmet is that? The disassemblable Sideshow x-wing pilot Luke's?
Thx.
He has quite a large head, so i needed to shave down the back and top alot, as well as his ears, to fit inside the helmet. The helmet is Hot Toys Pilot Luke repainted.

Back