Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little bit of Royal Guard to brighten up your day. ❤️
IMG_20211016_190546.jpg

I had a passing fancy of getting one of these plus a sith trooper to kitbash a 1/6 scale Kir Kanos from Crimson Empire…then I realized I was not willing to drop 500+ bucks on a passing fancy.

but if someone else wants to try it out, I would love to see it!

Attachments

• 6371D61A-9C64-4244-85B3-0A99C081DBDD.jpeg
    6371D61A-9C64-4244-85B3-0A99C081DBDD.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 20
I had a passing fancy of getting one of these plus a sith trooper to kitbash a 1/6 scale Kir Kanos from Crimson Empire…then I realized I was not willing to drop 500+ bucks on a passing fancy.

but if someone else wants to try it out, I would love to see it!
I think the royal guards by themselves are going for $500.

LOVE this fig. I bought one as a boxed fig but made another two guards out of the bare minimum parts from TA - turned out to be a quite cheap way to make three figs (got a great deal on the boxed fig too.) Fortunately this fig was easy to make look like a full figure even with only maybe half the parts.

Surprisingly, TA actually got one of these parted out again only a month ago and I finally was able to get another set of boots and a couple of other parts to make my third guard "fully legit" (I had made some custom boots for the third one.)

I have one in "attacking Jerjerrod" attack pose and the other two in customary-cool "flanking Palps" mode.

This was one of those figures that for me was an automatic "two-figure" purchase. Flanking the Emperor on throne was THE display, for me.

Another auto double-buy was the Death Trooper. Flanking Krennic was my immediate display option.

I did pick up the OT StormTrooper double pack, way back in the day.

As far as pre-orders go, the Mando Tusken Raider requires at least two. I've got one pre-ordered but will pick up a second as we get closer to release.

LOVE this fig. I bought one as a boxed fig but made another two guards out of the bare minimum parts from TA - turned out to be a quite cheap way to make three figs (got a great deal on the boxed fig too.) Fortunately this fig was easy to make look like a full figure even with only maybe half the parts.

Surprisingly, TA actually got one of these parted out again only a month ago and I finally was able to get another set of boots and a couple of other parts to make my third guard "fully legit" (I had made some custom boots for the third one.)

I have one in "attacking Jerjerrod" attack pose and the other two in customary-cool "flanking Palps" mode.
i did the same thing got three full figures. waited for parts from TA. they have been dried up since. but these 3 red beauties look great on the shelf.

This was one of those figures that for me was an automatic "two-figure" purchase. Flanking the Emperor on throne was THE display, for me.

Another auto double-buy was the Death Trooper. Flanking Krennic was my immediate display option.

I did pick up the OT StormTrooper double pack, way back in the day.

As far as pre-orders go, the Mando Tusken Raider requires at least two. I've got one pre-ordered but will pick up a second as we get closer to release.
Definitely two Royal Guards next to the emperor. And 2 Stormies flanking Vader. Or even more if you have space and budget.

I haven't doubled up on any trooper types, apart from those that are definite variants, such as the Stormtrooper two-pack (which is practically Han and Luke in disguise); Sandtrooper; Spacetrooper; ROTJ Stormtrooper; Incinerator Stormtrooper.

So, just one of each of those to have examples of them in the collection. I initially skipped the Rogue One Shoretrooper and Death Trooper because I didn't like the designs as much, but have them covered with the Mandalorian versions.

Hence, a single Royal Guard, with Luke giving him the side-eye...

51599334519_625fa478a4_o.jpg

Definitely tempted to grab that to make a second Royal Guard. Wondering if we’ll get a re-release for the 40th Anniversary of ROTJ though.

Market value of these is about to NOSEDIVE!
I’ll slap my official pair straight on eBay to replace with this kit. Don’t care at all about them being legit.

Eh, I bet the average buyer on eBay will never even know this kit exists.

Yep, and part of the value is in it being an official release with all the trimmings like the box, packaging, stand, etc. There's plenty of bootlegs, knockoffs, and facsimiles in collectibles but that doesn't necessarily tank the value of the legitimate article.

There will be people happy to have the kit but plenty of people who want the actual figure aren't going to just settle for it either. It's also of unknown quality at this point.

Wondering how close these are. Would really like to pick up two of these, but would love to see the quality first.

Back