Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that guard's robe needs is ironing. You dont even have to take it off the figure. Just test on a corner to make sure the iron isnt too hot.
No, ironing makes it worse. I already ironed it. The backing to the robe is, I believe, attached between the two layers. It only comes down an inch or so from the head and then stops. Ironing it just makes that horizontal line REALLY stand out.

I had a hot toys guard, and I ironed that. It was perfect. My advice to anyone with one of these is absolutely do not iron that part of the robe.

My B001 bodies arrived so did a test fit of the boot and again popped right on no issue. I suggest these bodies as other brands may have differently sized balls.

Attachments

• 20240130_174258.jpg
    20240130_174258.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
These look great. Glad I only paid $400 for my HT pair. If I didn’t have them I would definitely pick 2 of these up. Congrats to those that were able to make their display dreams come true inexpensively.

IMG_2827.jpeg

Hot Toys on the left, third party on the right. There is a difference in tone, quality and wrinkles in the third party, but... I think I'm keeping it and selling my HT.

I tried ironing the robes a bit and they do look better. Also, I haven't solved the boot peg issue yet, but it will be fine since he's not going to be doing any extreme poses.

Back