Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

As with Terminator, really don't see them doing these anymore. Heck, I miss the time when HT can't stop doing Predator figures, but this was back before the MCU/SW boom.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Yeah, really great set.

Im hoping HT starts going back to making classics again. We got enough SW and Marvel figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As with Terminator, really don't see them doing these anymore. Heck, I miss the time when HT can't stop doing Predator figures, but this was back before the MCU/SW boom.

Man I really hope they do The Terminator 2 for an anniversary or something. Probably we will be seeing more MCU/SW before it happens but hope it does eventually. A mint DX13 or DX10 got for some sweet prices on secondary market.

Yeah, really great set.

Im hoping HT starts going back to making classics again. We got enough SW and Marvel figures.

I really hope so too. I think it will get a lot of people feel excited again to see some classics and break out from MCU/SW. it will also help people cool off a bit from these franchises and they can hear up again if they want. Give us more IM.

Man I really hope they do The Terminator 2 for an anniversary or something. Probably we will be seeing more MCU/SW before it happens but hope it does eventually. A mint DX13 or DX10 got for some sweet prices on secondary market.

You and me both but we've heard this speculation before. Hot Toys abandoned the Dark Fate line after announcing it on IG and their "The Predator" was never to be seen again. The game changed once they got their hands on SW which without question sells truckloads better than any classic Batman, Predator, Alien, Terminator, Robocop, Back to the Future etc.

I just bought the old ass MMS33 Endoskeleton because I'm tired of waiting for that much-speculated 2.0, nothing makes me happier if I'm eventually wrong but as it stands here we are in a SW/Marvel over saturated market. I bought the Alien Big Chap last year because of the same reason.

p/s: I love SW/Marvel but I'm just saying all of Howard Chan's resources are devoted to those two franchises. :lol

Yeah HT knocked it out the park with this set. I would of loved it if HT had made a Lewis & Boddicker.

Saw this on FB today. Pretty impressive, but not sure what people are using for the outfit.

38bc22979a1eec023a998d23935fa609.jpg

d7f6f3f197f340fafb8a348e1ad39007.jpg

Saw this on FB today. Pretty impressive, but not sure what people are using for the outfit.

Looks great! Outfit looks like Murphys from the two pack.

Looks like Murphy?s outfit for the set. Wonder what body are they using and where they got the headsculpt from.

You and me both but we've heard this speculation before. Hot Toys abandoned the Dark Fate line after announcing it on IG and their "The Predator" was never to be seen again. The game changed once they got their hands on SW which without question sells truckloads better than any classic Batman, Predator, Alien, Terminator, Robocop, Back to the Future etc.

I just bought the old ass MMS33 Endoskeleton because I'm tired of waiting for that much-speculated 2.0, nothing makes me happier if I'm eventually wrong but as it stands here we are in a SW/Marvel over saturated market. I bought the Alien Big Chap last year because of the same reason.

p/s: I love SW/Marvel but I'm just saying all of Howard Chan's resources are devoted to those two franchises. :lol

I?m afraid you actually right. We all secretly hope they will got back and revisit some classics but we just don?t know if that will ever happen and if, not sure how long we have to wait. Which is why I totally get the frustration of waiting and hoping while you can get what you can now and enjoy it. Hence why I decided to pay aftermarket price for the Robocop set and Blade 2 couple months ago. I did not they officially canceled their Predator series. That?s really sad.
And I?m like you. Like MCU/DC/SW but the classics are classics. I hope that we at least get some more DC/Classic Batman (Keaton stuff) around the Flash movie or just because they reissued the Begins and TDK figures.

Amazing shot Yohsi. Partially, some of your shots made me pull the trigger and get the set lol. But I wanted too since it was on my which list ever since I got the Robocop with the chair. He was my first HT figure.

Does this figure despite being made all in plastic have some weight? Is it heavy? I really prefer this unhelmeted version but the fact that has no die cast really bothers me... I dont like super light figures like the endoskeletons

Does this figure despite being made all in plastic have some weight? Is it heavy? I really prefer this unhelmeted version but the fact that has no die cast really bothers me... I dont like super light figures like the endoskeletons
He's pretty light. What's a 12" non-diecast figure you would consider heavy?

The diecast figure is 1.72 pounds, the BD figure is 1.25 pounds, and for reference the Murphy figure is 0.55 pounds. So it's lighter than the diecast version but it's still a heavy feeling figure. 100% worth it, you'd never notice the difference besides handling them at the same time.

if a weight of a figure is an issue, than
in this case don't think about this figure at all, just buy a stone.

if a weight of a figure is an issue, than

in this case don't think about this figure at all, just buy a stone.
Nah, finally i bought the die cast robo, really glad i did, best figure in my collection.

I wonder if you can ask about the sculpt. Ann looks phenomenal and I would really like to find the person who did it

The weight obsession is kind of weird to me. Ideally all my figures and statues would weigh nothing. Or I guess just enough so a breeze wouldn't blow them away.

I can understand it for robot/machine figures which can feel hollow, toyish and not at all high end if they're just plastic. Then again BD Robocop fully compensates for lack of Diecast with its incredible detail and likeness. The battle-damage detail such that we got was probably not possible with Diecast.

Last edited:
The weight obsession is kind of weird to me. Ideally all my figures and statues would weigh nothing. Or I guess just enough so a breeze wouldn't blow them away.
Because people are suckers, so some of what is literally the cheapest metal on the planet in their figures somehow magically imbues them with "quality".

It's why Beats headphones have chunks of pot metal in them.

Back