Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

My only complaint with it, is the lack of damage on the torso area.

robocop14.jpg

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

"Nice shooting, son. What's your name?"

DSC_0252.jpgDSC_0244.jpgDSC_0225.jpg
DSC_0252.jpg
DSC_0244.jpg
DSC_0225.jpg

Last edited:

My only complaint with it, is the lack of damage on the torso area.

Yeap. I've also long suspected his eyes are either too deep-set and/or are too close together. They seem closer together than they are on the Alex Murphy head.

Yeap. I've also long suspected his eyes are either too deep-set and/or are too close together. They seem closer together than they are on the Alex Murphy head.
This might be a side effect created by the fact that the head is wider. Naturally the obvious prosthetics all add width, but in the behind the scenes you can see that most of Weller's face is also covered in prosthetics--its just his eyes, nose, and mouth that aren't.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This might be a side effect created by the fact that the head is wider. Naturally the obvious prosthetics all add width, but in the behind the scenes you can see that most of Weller's face is also covered in prosthetics--its just his eyes, nose, and mouth that aren't.

Yep. The makeup made his face quite wide from the front, which for better or worse Hot Toys captured in the sculpt.

I always took it that his face was wider to account for his brain and the computer components added to him. Since it looks like his face was stretched over everything in the movie. I always admired the detail in the make up and prosthetics in the movie.

I always took it that his face was wider to account for his brain and the computer components added to him. Since it looks like his face was stretched over everything in the movie. I always admired the detail in the make up and prosthetics in the movie.

It's one of the scenes i love in the 2014 reimagining movie, where we see the strip down of his parts to what is left of him. I love that visual. They left his face, some of his brain, and his lungs, but that's about it.
I'd love to see a similar piece of this Robocop.

I think in some technical manual from when the movie came out, it reveals that his head is essentially 100% robot, and they just peeled the skin off his face and stuck it on to the robot. So really there's very little of Murphy left inside there; obviously some internal organs that can digest baby food and presumably at least part of his human brain. After all, Cain's brain was intact.

And yes, the ONLY good scene in the 2014 remake is where they strip the parts away to show him what's left. Absolutely horrific and unforgettable scene.

Controversial opinion but I think the remake was the only decent Robocop movie outside of the original. Mind you, still wasn't interested in any toys from it.

Controversial opinion but I think the remake was the only decent Robocop movie outside of the original. Mind you, still wasn't interested in any toys from it.

I bought the silver suit, black suit and the EM208.
Also, even though I am a child of the 80’s and love the original movie, there are elements of the satire that I reckon haven’t aged well, and in that regard I prefer the 2014 version. I love the fact the original had a guy who became a robot, lost his humanity and managed to find it again, but I also like the way the 2014 movie had a guy become a robot with humanity who had to find a way to live with what he had become by becoming more robotic.
My opinion takes nothing away from anyone who hates the 2014 movie, but I love the visuals of the drones, the 209 updates and the suits that Murphy has in the movie. I sold off all but one of my HT Robocop figures during COVID but I’ll never sell my 2014 Robo figures, lol.

I agree. Mind you, as a kid I was obsessed with Robocop 2 but aside from the cool designs & stop motion it doesn't hold up as a film, and the less said about Robocop 3 and the God awful TV series and cartoons the better. The Reboot wasn't a great movie but it does its thing enough to keep me engaged and wasn't horrible if you detach it from the franchise.

I'm really hoping that Robocop Returns movie will be good though.

Are they still doing the sequel movie? I haven't heard anything on it recently?

I would be shocked if that movie saw the light of day. It'll probably die in development hell like most other Robo projects. That said, ressurecting decades-old franchises is the fad right now, so never say never. I'd love to see Weller return for motion capture and voice work (since he obviously isn't putting on a suit at his age), but only if he puts in more effort than he did for his phoned-in voice work in Mortal Kombat.

For my part, I can't stand the toothless Robo remake. However, I do think our current political climate is ripe for a Robo film to comment on. I genuinely believe a direct sequel to the original can work.

Also, just to comment on the matter of Robo's skull--yep, the creators have said that Robo's skull is entirely artificial and that the face is just stapled on so he doesn't have a mental breakdown. This is why the prosthetics are designed the way they are. Quite cleverly, even areas they probably could have left alone--like Weller's chin--are covered in prosthetics which all gives his face a subtly different shape, the way you would expect if you transplanted somebody's face onto an artificial skull that isn't necessarily an exact match for the original.

The level of care and craft from the costume and makeup team, and Weller's performance, is really the perfect storm that made Robo work. When you don't have those crucial components, the whole movie falls apart and the character becomes a farce, as we've seen in most other Robo material. Burke is the only other person to have put in a good performance in the role. I don't really have any problem with Kinnaman, but he wasn't playing RoboCop--he was just playing a normal guy with superpowered prosthetics, as that's what the script demanded.

The original Robocop is in my top 10 movies. I always loved the designs and Wellers performance really made the movie one of a kind. Always thought Kurtwood Smith and Ronny Cox were great foils for Robocop.

Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

So happy to finally add this beautiful set to my collection. One of HTs best figures and headsculpt ever. Just amazing!! One of favorite childhood movies for sure.

9a676b52a98293fdae60b2cd2c4117f4.png

21ba8ccec5c7f19c49822e1da9d788ee.png

a77377f87f1468817227cc369b91af65.png

2f6288286c76a3e191ced46eb9d2e874.png

Yeah HT knocked it out the park with this set. I would of loved it if HT had made a Lewis & Boddicker.

Yeah HT knocked it out the park with this set. I would of loved it if HT had made a Lewis & Boddicker.

Those will be a dream come true for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back