Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cor, that base is a living mess, no finesse there at all. I don't know how the 1/6 going up to 1/4 has lost its presence from the speeder bike version also. The speeder bike version looks well proportioned with bulk and presence. This one definitely doesn't translate well at this scale, it looks like a big Neca toy.

Get what ur saying. Think 'coz at a larger scale, and without a lot of weathering, the use of a lot of plastics/vinyl is more obvious, like at the boots. But bein' a show fan, also have to slap the idea out of my head, of how great a 1/4 scale Mando would be.:cool::thwak

For me the Mando+speeder is priority tho. And wish they'd included the electric effects for the pulse rifle with this one, it's an effect that works pretty well on the shelf with Mando v1 release.

Cor, that base is a living mess, no finesse there at all. I don't know how the 1/6 going up to 1/4 has lost its presence from the speeder bike version also. The speeder bike version looks well proportioned with bulk and presence. This one definitely doesn't translate well at this scale, it looks like a big Neca toy.

Yup my thoughts exactly. The armor just looks way too dull and plastic for something this scale, and the base is too much of a jumbled mess.

I agree, the base is a mess. Which makes me feel conflicted because were I to get this figure, I'd want the Deluxe for the E-Web. But I also don't want it because of the junkyard base. Which I hope is just a fascia that is inserted on top of the standard grated base.

There were a lot of opportunities to create a more interesting deluxe version base. Anything from a much larger Mythosaur skull, a big Beskar ingot, a large Mudhorn signet, a stack of various Mandalorian helmets from the show to scale, the Armorer's forge... Hell, even a big camtono to stand on would've been better.

I am also in the camp that the base just has TOO much going on. I'm usually a sucker for diorama bases but this one just looks like a clunky mess of all sorts of different things. It doesn't compliment the figure as much as it overpowers Mando.

I've always been a sucker for the quarter scales; most of you have probably seen me most active in quarter scale threads over the years. But I'm just not loving this figure despite loving the show. The proportions look really wonky to me and it's just missing... something. Can't quite put my finger on it. I also think the Child still looks hideous, and arguably worse than HTs life size attempt at that. I think I'll just be sticking with the Sideshow Child as my expensive Mando merch. :)

I wonder if the QS Boba Fett is going to continue to climb in price now. First Vader releasing, and now this?

Interesting points, I think they've done a fantastic job on most of the previous QS figures released thus far, so maybe they'll improve the final product.

Yup my thoughts exactly. The armor just looks way too dull and plastic for something this scale, and the base is too much of a jumbled mess.

Ah thank you for finding that word, the base does indeed look like a big jumbles mess, but then again I don't mind a big jumbled mess :lol

I am also in the camp that the base just has TOO much going on. I'm usually a sucker for diorama bases but this one just looks like a clunky mess of all sorts of different things. It doesn't compliment the figure as much as it overpowers Mando.

I've always been a sucker for the quarter scales; most of you have probably seen me most active in quarter scale threads over the years. But I'm just not loving this figure despite loving the show. The proportions look really wonky to me and it's just missing... something. Can't quite put my finger on it. I also think the Child still looks hideous, and arguably worse than HTs life size attempt at that. I think I'll just be sticking with the Sideshow Child as my expensive Mando merch. :)

I wonder if the QS Boba Fett is going to continue to climb in price now. First Vader releasing, and now this?

I also quite like diorama bases as well, and I do see your point of the base being too much, not just in the amount of things going on, but the size matches or exceeds the figure! Perhaps a scene specific diorama would compliment it better. Then again I'm looking at this figure as someone who isn't sufficiently familiar with the show/lore (I know, I know), so I'd think it looks pretty dang good. I do like HT's 1/4 line, so that's another reason I'm prospectively looking at this figure :lol

I love dio bases but this one is pretty obnoxious. I'm on the fence about picking up the standard quarter scale as I haven't seen any pics yet where it looks better than the deluxe 1/6. I honestly think the 1/6 figure looks better.

Ordered the standard version (I can't stand the weird deluxe base) and cancelled the TMS015. The way I see it is they'll pump out every single possible variant of the Beskar Mando in 1/6, so that's a rabbit-hole I don't wish to go down. A beautiful quarter-scale Beskar Mando is the ultimate version and will represent this look over however many seasons he rocks it for.

This was targeted for Q1-2022 by HT and Sideshow has it shipping Nov-Dec 2021, which likely won't happen. I think the lack of hype relates to the sheer volume of Mando stuff that's been put up for pre-order and the fact that we're a year removed from the last Mando episode. Plus, 1/4 scale HT is a smaller subset of the collecting community. Myself, I'm super hyped for it as I want that full Beskar look with Grogu in satchel on my shelf, pronto! :)

I'm looking forward to it as well. I've just been hoping it wasn't going to be moved up. Guess we won't be surprised when we see a release update.

Have there been any updates on this? We’re about halfway through the ship window now.

Was wondering the same thing. Lol, seems to be zero hype for this release. Interesting. 🤔

This was targeted for Q1-2022 by HT and Sideshow has it shipping Nov-Dec 2021, which likely won't happen. I think the lack of hype relates to the sheer volume of Mando stuff that's been put up for pre-order and the fact that we're a year removed from the last Mando episode. Plus, 1/4 scale HT is a smaller subset of the collecting community. Myself, I'm super hyped for it as I want that full Beskar look with Grogu in satchel on my shelf, pronto! :)

Well now that I've become invested in SW and subsequently picking up various SW & Mando figs I am most definitely loookking forward to this one!!! :panic::panic: Would love to have this 1/4 Mando!!

On a related note, I'd gotten my 1/4 Spider-Man during the past few months, still yet to unbox it lol

I'm looking forward to it as well. I've just been hoping it wasn't going to be moved up. Guess we won't be surprised when we see a release update.

I wonder if they'll update the armor to the more chrome-y look from the TMS051/2 on this QS version, it'd look so incredible :thud::thud:

I can help with that. I’m closing out my 2021 preorders but could add one more to the lot.

Attachments

• B0D446D6-E6FD-4538-9153-B846A0F15FE0.jpeg
    B0D446D6-E6FD-4538-9153-B846A0F15FE0.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 2004429A-8CAD-490D-B972-8FB144D26821.jpeg
    2004429A-8CAD-490D-B972-8FB144D26821.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 48
I wonder if they'll update the armor to the more chrome-y look from the TMS051/2 on this QS version, it'd look so incredible :thud::thud:
This release has potential to be a huge miss in a lot of ways. I think a 1/4 release should be pretty definitive but this so far only has SOME season two accessories but no Dark Saber, Spear, no Season 1 armor plates, and it may not even have the most current metallic finish so it could end up feeling outdated as soon as it arrives.

Edit: and no unhelmeted sculpt.

This release has potential to be a huge miss in a lot of ways. I think a 1/4 release should be pretty definitive but this so far only has SOME season two accessories but no Dark Saber, Spear, no Season 1 armor plates, and it may not even have the most current metallic finish so it could end up feeling outdated as soon as it arrives.

Edit: and no unhelmeted sculpt.

Oh dang I didn't fully realize that until you pointed it out. Agree, a 1/4 should be a definitive piece. Those added accessories would be so cool for this 1/4 Manda, Oh man, a 1/4 un-helmeted Pascal head sculpt would be killer!!

Oh dang I didn't fully realize that until you pointed it out. Agree, a 1/4 should be a definitive piece. Those added accessories would be so cool for this 1/4 Manda, Oh man, a 1/4 un-helmeted Pascal head sculpt would be killer!!
I probably won’t invest the time to make sculpts but spears, S1 thighs, and dark sabers i plan to make.

Back