Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief...in 2 weeks it’ll be 7 years...

Wtf HT.

Exactly! July next year will make it a full 7 years. That’s insane.

1/4 isn’t that huge for them but what a weird omission from the lineup.

I don’t collect 1/4 but I have a trooper focus so I’d probably get at least one or two. Others would probably do the same.

Many people that have 1/4 Vader would try to get one or two for sure. That’s a lot of guaranteed sales.

I know. This is my most wanted Hot Toys tbh. I only have the one sixth scale stormtrooper and I have been holding out for this 1/4 scale. I just wonder which type it will be: ANH, ROTJ or maybe even RO?

Probably ANH, since the prototype was ANH-esque with the stand that looks like the Death Star platform/retracted bridge above the (very not OSHA safe) chasm Luke and Leia swing across.

But it’s been so long I guess they could just throw it out. ROTJ is possible, especially with the 40th anniversary soon, but they didn’t get the 1/6 figure right and ultimately they didn’t even call it the ROTJ version.

Rogue One version seems less likely, by choice at least.

I know. This is my most wanted Hot Toys tbh. I only have the one sixth scale stormtrooper and I have been holding out for this 1/4 scale. I just wonder which type it will be: ANH, ROTJ or maybe even RO?

Yep @bebe13junior! We can debate that... but I'll cast my vote with a 1/4 ANH TK.

So, with all this 1/4 scale talk, is there anyone here who has resisted getting into SW 1/4, but you're now starting to warm up to them? You know who you are! Like @MyenShi it could be that it has to be the right character?

Funny thing, this 1/4 Mando was my first HT preorder last year. Then the 1/6 scale meteor hit me between the glowing red diodes! The rest is history. Lol.

Last edited:
I agree that it is odd they haven’t put out a 1/4 Stormtrooper. I would think it would be the easiest to make and probably as successful if not more since a lot of ppl LOVE troopers. I do not see enough love for the 1/4 trooper so I am glad I’m not alone. Again, my grails were to always have 1/4 Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper. Just need the stormtrooper now.

Yep! We can debate that... but I'll cast my vote with a 1/4 ANH TK.

So, with all this 1/4 scale talk, is there anyone here who has resisted getting into SW 1/4, but you're now starting to warm up to them? You know who you are!

Funny thing, this 1/4 Mando was my first HT preorder last year. Then the 1/6 scale meteor hit me between the glowing red diodes! The rest is history. Lol.
I hope it is ANH as to me that is THE Stormtrooper design and all others only try and imitate.
I have a few 1/4 scales. I only get them if I really want them. Past the trooper I can’t think of another 1/4 I’d want.

I’ve given up on trying to figure out why HT do the things they do. Seeing as how mando is pretty hot right now and stormtroopers are seen throughout the show, you’d think they’d capitalize on that by releasing them. And whoever said that they’re guaranteed to sell, I wholeheartedly agree. Owners of vader would want to buy 1 or 2 to pair up with him AND mando. It’s a no brainer.

At this point, I don’t even give a crap if it’s from ANH, ESB, ROTJ, ROGUE AND MANDO. I just effin want one period.

But watch, we’ll get fett from ‘book of boba fett’ before a trooper.

....sigh...

I do regret missing out on Boba and Vader. Vader is looking very nice up there!

I’m positive the show ‘Kenobi’ will encourage HT to reissue vader.

Why are people so certain they are doing a 2.0 version for this, have they ever reissued a 1/4th?

The Dark Knight Rises 1/4 batman is a reissue. And if 1/4 mando is a big seller, I’m positive HT will make a 2.0.

Are we already talking about a reissue of this Mando?? I think what is likely is either OG or Season 3 and beyond versions of this mould. Sort of like what they did with the MK 42/43 Iron Man mould. That is IF this sells well and is feasible for them.

i know for myself, who has the Vader and Fett 1/4 scales, I will stick with sixth scale only for Mando. I don’t think this will be as successful as the sixth scale line.

Are we already talking about a reissue of this Mando?? I think what is likely is either OG or Season 3 and beyond versions of this mould. Sort of like what they did with the MK 42/43 Iron Man mould. That is IF this sells well and is feasible for them.

i know for myself, who has the Vader and Fett 1/4 scales, I will stick with sixth scale only for Mando. I don’t think this will be as successful as the sixth scale line.

1/6 scale will no doubt sell more than 1/4 because it’s a bit cheaper and takes less space. Also im sure 1/4 figures have smaller edition sizes. But there certainly is a market for them and if 1/4 vader is sold out everywhere, that should be enough of a sign for HT to focus a bit more on that line.

err question for fellow collectors

I only buy quarter scales, but I only buy one variant for each character (to save space and money)

I already have the Boba Fett quarter scale, and this looks neat too...

If you had to choose between this and the Boba Fett one, which would you get?

Also now that Boba is back, I wont be surprised there will be another release for him.. and then the dreaded question, this Boba or the new Boba 😔

I’m holding out hope for a new 1/4 Boba. That’s my main 1/4 want. Preferably the Mando rearmored version but if they do one it’ll be the Book of Boba outfit which is still a buy

err question for fellow collectors

I only buy quarter scales, but I only buy one variant for each character (to save space and money)

I already have the Boba Fett quarter scale, and this looks neat too...

If you had to choose between this and the Boba Fett one, which would you get?

Also now that Boba is back, I wont be surprised there will be another release for him.. and then the dreaded question, this Boba or the new Boba 😔
If I had to choose I’d stick with my 1/4 Boba. Stunning figure.

So I took this screen cap off FB.

56B96712-59CA-4275-B993-071A801FD2C2.png

I think I’ll do that to mine.

Back