Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyones still looking for this set, The Nile on eBay have it for a ridiculous price, $431AUD, and if you're lucky theirs a discount which takes it to $366AUD.
Of course they dropped the price of this set right after I paid almost full price for the single Endor Leia fig...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Star-Wa...rentrq:c927cd1f1780aaecf1555180ffec45e6|iid:1

As widely assumed, it was indeed b.s.:

"We've just chased this order up with the distributor and they've now advised us that the product cannot be supplied."

Then when pressed, totally different story:

"Due to a technical failure in our product database, we listed it for sale in error. We do not have stock and we're unable to source inventory to fulfil your purchase."

While I wouldn't use the word "scam," I'd add The Nile to the list of suspicious eBay sellers.

As widely assumed, it was indeed b.s.:

"We've just chased this order up with the distributor and they've now advised us that the product cannot be supplied."

Then when pressed, totally different story:

"Due to a technical failure in our product database, we listed it for sale in error. We do not have stock and we're unable to source inventory to fulfil your purchase."

While I wouldn't use the word "scam," I'd add The Nile to the list of suspicious eBay sellers.

Thank God!!
After reading their feedback..I ended up ordering,cancelling, ordering again at the even better discounted price...and then cancelling again.
Their BS replies to my question were always different.
The $360 AUD for the 2pk was just too good to be true.
Curious to see if anyone actually got it at all.

Thank God!!
After reading their feedback..I ended up ordering,cancelling, ordering again at the even better discounted price...and then cancelling again.
Their BS replies to my question were always different.
The $360 AUD for the 2pk was just too good to be true.
Curious to see if anyone actually got it at all.

My guess is it's a great way to get a short-term loan (like a month) of over $10,000 (30 sets at around $400 each.)

They have to refund it in the end, but they've gotten use of a pretty huge amount of cash with just one listed item. Imagine if you did this with a dozen items, over and over.

Wicket needs work. I'm gonna use fine sandpaper to improve the look of the hood/bib... and his eyebrows need a brush up, ill use a clean toothbrush...

But he's a pretty cool little guy. My wicket will be a drummer.

Crap, sorry to anyone who got shafted by Nile. I've only ever bought CD's and Blu Rays from them and they've usually been above board. If I hadn't bought the single pack Leia a week earlier, I would've been scammed too.

Received my standalone Wicket from Popcultcha today. What a cool little figure! I already have him setup behind my ROTJ Scout w/Speeder Bike, looking inquisitively at the trooper. My only concern is the fur and how it will hold up over time. Will it start to fall out or anything, or is Hot Toys fur fairly durable?

Received my standalone Wicket from Popcultcha today. What a cool little figure! I already have him setup behind my ROTJ Scout w/Speeder Bike, looking inquisitively at the trooper. My only concern is the fur and how it will hold up over time. Will it start to fall out or anything, or is Hot Toys fur fairly durable?

My ANH Chewie is 4-5 years old and doing fine.

Wicket is one of the HT figures I would worry least about. He doesn't have any pleather or rubber on him.

Don't have Wicket, but here's my Leia I just setup with my Endor Luke.
2332dibui6x61 (2).jpg

Back