1/6 Hot Toys - MMS583 - Deadpool 2 - Cable Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With InArt in the game, I’m absolutely amazed they even dropped this for preorder.
🤦🏼‍♂️

Wow, loving the rightfully deserved criticism it is getting on FB. I wanted to buy this fig, but sadly I will now be passing. When unlicensed 3rd party companies are putting out better products (and even earlier) than an authorized company then you know the "champ" has been dethroned.

HT pathetic streak continues...wouldn't be surprised if HT does ANOTHER bait and switch with the Boseman sculpt.

Huh? This came out for PO way before InArt was even a thing.

Yeah I know. However HotToys should have saw the mess they were getting ready to release and just went back to the drawing board with it before they started to ship them.

There’s no way they don’t know what a disaster this piece turned out to be. It legit doesn’t even look like a HotToys piece.

Yeah I know. However HotToys should have saw the mess they were getting ready to release and just went back to the drawing board with it before they started to ship them.

There’s no way they don’t know what a disaster this piece turned out to be. It legit doesn’t even look like a HotToys piece.
Going back to the drawing board is probably what made this figure take so long to release...and still couldn't get it right

Wow... I'm really glad I let sideshow cancel my order of this.

I really like thier new "protect order" policy. Since i'd say a majority of these never arrive when they're supposed to, you don't even have to ask to get your NRD back if it's late. Just don't protect the order.

Wow... I'm really glad I let sideshow cancel my order of this.

I really like thier new "protect order" policy. Since i'd say a majority of these never arrive when they're supposed to, you don't even have to ask to get your NRD back if it's late. Just don't protect the order.
R.gif
Glad to hear that

Wow, loving the rightfully deserved criticism it is getting on FB. I wanted to buy this fig, but sadly I will now be passing. When unlicensed 3rd party companies are putting out better products (and even earlier) than an authorized company then you know the "champ" has been dethroned.

HT pathetic streak continues...wouldn't be surprised if HT does ANOTHER bait and switch with the Boseman sculpt.
It does look pretty awful without the shirt and tactical vest on. It looks halfway decent with the rain poncho on, but that's the extent of it. The body is definitely undersized, which reminds me of older HT figures that used slight, long-necked bodies because they had outfits with several layers. Once their outfits were on they looked good. Unfortunately, a short sleeve t-shirt and a puny vest aren't enough layers to bulk him up. IF I keep my pre-order, I'd look to fill out his torso a bit, maybe with a different tactical vest. I'd also cover that hideous elbow joint on his right arm. I have an extra one-armed (long sleeve) undershirt from the OG Winter Soldier from back in the day. Maybe that under a new vest? Eh, not sure I care enough to try and salvage this one.

I do laugh when people say the head's too big. It's not the head - Brolin's a stocky guy with a big noggin and a lantern jaw that's only a few whiskers short of being full-on Jay Leno lol. The body is definitely the issue.

It didn't look bad in the sideshow unveiled video compared to the recent bucky release. Just leave the clothes on lol.

Seems like something was definitely lost during production....as usual, and the bobblehead syndrome seems worse than the proto pics. But the accessories are cool and I liked his portrayal so I'm on the fence.
20220823_215527.jpg

We have a lot of new collectors in the hobby. Figures that can be displayed with clothes or shirtless have always had weirdly thin bodies. It’s how they get the clothes to fit at that scale. Roadblock had the exact same problem because he had to look normal wearing the armored vest.

We have a lot of new collectors in the hobby. Figures that can be displayed with clothes or shirtless have always had weirdly thin bodies. It’s how they get the clothes to fit at that scale. Roadblock had the exact same problem because he had to look normal wearing the armored vest.
I thinks its also a problem with uniquely sculpted (not painted) torsos, drax was was also delayed a LONG time and it was also too skinny.

Back