1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

That actually looks really good on the Mythos body. I'm looking forward to getting this finally. Been wanting Obi-wan and Palpatine since they first released. Thinking I'll wait for a ROTS Emperor at this point though.

Thanks. It's not the Mythos body though. It's the ROTS Obi Wan body. Just the Mythos clothes etc.

Absolutely beautiful.
That looks even better than I had expected it could.
In the pics of him next to ANH Obi Wan, his neck looks slightly long.
If it was a one-time photography session to show a post-rots Obi Wan, it?s fine but if it?s going to be a permanent addition to your collection, I would remove the neck joint and replace it with a shorter alternative.
I have a link to a pack on eBay that will work. If you want I can send you a link.
My current Obi Wan is just a custom(My deluxe will be on the way shortly), but I had to reduce the size of the neck. It?s child?s play to get that neck connector off as long as you use boiling water.
I used an Easy & Simple slender body, HT belt, boots, saber, head and undershirt, and his costume is a TPM hasbro Obi Wan set. I just wanted him in a clean costume, lol. Although I did repaint the hair on his head and his beard for a lighter look.

Thanks, yeah I've done several neck leg swaps for other kitbashes and customs. Right now I plan on leaving him as Ewan Obi for the time being. Personally the long neck isnt as noticeable with all the gear and hood on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

f181aafdac728f3b33a5c90f13cf14c9.jpg

Not bad at $180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

That is the deal of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That site seems like a joke... $400 for IW Doctor Strange. :lol

I think it's a bit like Black Ops Toys. Maybe they aren't direct resellers of Hot Toys?
Sometimes Black Ops has bargains. But they also have Hot Toys heads for sale from relatively easy to get figures for $125 each. Heads that are languishing on places like Toy Anxiety.
Not putting them down. But there are places that see some Ebay prices and think: "I can sell mine for that!"
Black Ops and that Man Of Action Figures place have easy to obtain(At list price usually) Hot Toys figures for way more.
Like i say, they are in business to make money. But when you can order a figure for $250 from Sideshow, why would you pay more than $400 for it?

Finally pulled the trigger on this. With the discount and rewards came out to nothing out of pocket. This will be my first hot toys figure in about a year.

It’s a really well made figure, my only real issue is that the hood wasn’t tailored to be able to pose and arrange it to look like the movie, just odd when Sideshow did that aspect better and everything else bests Sideshow’s figure by leaps.

Finally opened up ol' Kenobi to make sure the robe wasn't staining the outfit (need to wash it). I had to crack the holo table and resolder the negative (?) lead back onto the battery compartment. Good as new now, but word to the wise - check your **** out when you buy it and not three months later just in case there's a problem. I'd still have tried to fix it myself then, but if you're not someone who is as handy as some of the members here you don't want to be out of coverage.

It?s a really well made figure, my only real issue is that the hood wasn?t tailored to be able to pose and arrange it to look like the movie, just odd when Sideshow did that aspect better and everything else bests Sideshow?s figure by leaps.

That?s great to hear! I used to love my SS Obiwan so I?m sure this one will be even better by far.

Finally opened up ol' Kenobi to make sure the robe wasn't staining the outfit (need to wash it). I had to crack the holo table and resolder the negative (?) lead back onto the battery compartment. Good as new now, but word to the wise - check your **** out when you buy it and not three months later just in case there's a problem. I'd still have tried to fix it myself then, but if you're not someone who is as handy as some of the members here you don't want to be out of coverage.

Does the robe tend to stain the jedi tunic? Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I never thought I?d be able to get this figure so haven?t been in this thread since the beginning

I bought it from someone on the classifieds who to his credit sold it to me brand new. Unfortunately, the moment I opened the sealed item, the robe had been badly stained by the robe. Washing helped but not much. Pretty annoyed.

Does the robe tend to stain the jedi tunic? Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I never thought I?d be able to get this figure so haven?t been in this thread since the beginning

I've heard this to be the case; mine was fine for what it's worth. I'll be washing the robe in some gentle laundry detergent and getting the excess dye out.

I bought it from someone on the classifieds who to his credit sold it to me brand new. Unfortunately, the moment I opened the sealed item, the robe had been badly stained by the robe. Washing helped but not much. Pretty annoyed.

Stained or just browner? The outer tunic on mine is slightly brown on the midsection and I thought it was just colored that way, as a off white or something.

Is it not supposed to be colored in this way?

I've heard this to be the case; mine was fine for what it's worth. I'll be washing the robe in some gentle laundry detergent and getting the excess dye out.

Cool, thanks for the heads up :hi5: My last Hot Toys was DX Jack Sparrow which was almost 2 years ago, so it's been awhile for me. I almost feel like I don't know what to do with it :lol

Cool, thanks for the heads up :hi5: My last Hot Toys was DX Jack Sparrow which was almost 2 years ago, so it's been awhile for me. I almost feel like I don't know what to do with it :lol

Wow, that's quite the pause! Starting next fall I'm looking at a roughly 4 year hiatus because of professional school, so I'm attempting to get my collection in order for that. I know it won't be a clean break, there'll be a few here and there like the Mandalorian. But I'm going to have to drop to 2 a year or so and pick accordingly.

Back