Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind getting the outfits of Neo and Trinity atr the end of the movie.
I can't see what other outfits they could think of.
I find the artistic choice and clothe design less refined than in the first trilogy.
I really loved the stylish look of some characters back then Like Niobe , the twins,
I don't know the budget of resurrections but I would' ve loved more refined and sophisticated look to some characters.
The lack of accessories too.
I m looking forward to see what HT will come up with but my expectations are a bit low.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind getting the outfits of Neo and Trinity atr the end of the movie.
I can't see what other outfits they could think of.
I find the artistic choice and clothe design less refined than in the first trilogy.
I really loved the stylish look of some characters back then Like Niobe , the twins,
I don't know the budget of resurrections but I would' ve loved more refined and sophisticated look to some characters.
The lack of accessories too.
I m looking forward to see what HT will come up with but my expectations are a bit low.

The lack of accessories is what will pretty much make me not buy anything from Resurrections even though I liked it a lot. I mean outside of a force push effect, a coffee mug, and the pill, did Neo interact with anything?

They went forward with the Keanu figure from Cyberpunk game which nobody cares about after the disastrous release, so I still see them doing Neo.

I wonder which they would sell more of, a new Resurrections Neo or just a rerelease of the first Neo.

With how quickly Resurrection fizzled at the box office, I think HT would be better off focusing on the original movies and characters. But I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything at all now.
Don't forget that Hot Toys did announced a Terminator Dark Fate license & The Predator with both of those quickly swept under the rug after the movies commercially flopped. While I kinda enjoyed Resurrections for what it is, I can certainly see HT being uncommitted to it.

Don't forget that Hot Toys did announced a Terminator Dark Fate license & The Predator with both of those quickly swept under the rug after the movies commercially flopped. While I kinda enjoyed Resurrections for what it is, I can certainly see HT being uncommitted to it.
If HT was committed to launch new figures of Resurrections, they would’ve teased a figure through their worthless teaser.

The lack of accessories is what will pretty much make me not buy anything from Resurrections even though I liked it a lot. I mean outside of a force push effect, a coffee mug, and the pill, did Neo interact with anything?

I'd like to see 1/6 versions of the McFarlane action figures on Thomas Anderson's desk. :D

I really don't understand why they keep announcing figures from sequels no one cares about. Nine times out of ten, the movie flops and the figures are never made. All people want are the originals, the classics. The "flavor of the month" approach only works for MCU and Star Wars because those continue to get lots of views.

Resurrections' box-office failure could go one of two ways: HT will abandon the line altogether, or take the excuse to revisit the OT.

I'm obviously hoping for the latter (if they don't push ahead with the new movie regardless).

(They could go the Matrix Awakens route but that would probably confuse customers...)

I think the fact of the reality is that these modern blockbuster figures will always sell better no matter what. Hot toys will make fewer to no figures if the film performs poorer at the box office, even from a successful franchise. It is a tragedy because to me it seems they care about nothing more than maximizing profit. Without a doubt many of the cult classic figures would do well but there are far more Marvel and Star Wars fanboys out there that would mop up the next big hero or villain from a new series.

This was released on HBOMax which obviously impacted the box office so Hot Toys really shouldn't only rely on that. I would've definitely seen it in theaters if it wasn't available for free right at home.

Back