Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score, congrats!

Yes Reloaded Neo would be nice - am still holding out hope for when Matrix Resurrections releases.

But *any* Neo from HT is a dream
come true and something I'd pretty much given up on.

Thanks !
I agree. Hope we 'll get more figures really.
Finally got to unbox it...I love the figure but I agree with some concernes regarding the likeness and the shape of the headscult and the eyes but still really good !
Love putting it next to the Toys Work version but wish the glasses on this one was not cheap.
I may look for custom glasses for the hot toys.
My Cyber Killer Trinity might come next month hopefully.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
7.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

The fact that we only have Neo from this license BLOWS MY MIND.

At least Queen Studios will make more.

Yeah, it is disappointing Hot Toys never went beyond Neo considering that they teased Agent Smith at one of the Cons. I thought we would have the 4 major Matrix characters by now.

I have resorted to the 3rd party Matrix figures at this point, which are mostly pretty decent. I was particularly pleased with the recent Trinity (Cyber Killer), which is not perfect by any means but really good for the price. Some of the Matrix customs were good but thankfully I waited and did not pay a fortune for those.

I totally forgot about the Queen Studios Matrix announcement until you mentioned it - that is going to burn a hole in my wallet. [emoji17] not to mention take up a lot space, since Queen Studio pieces tend to be in larger scale pieces.

I spent a year hoping that the semi-weekly reveal would be Smith. I have since given up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Takes a while. I recall spending years...and I mean YEARS waiting for Hot Toys to do a Matrix Neo.

So pretty happy when that happened.

I?m quietly optimistic we will hear a bit more once John Wick and Matrix 4 hits. But then again, seems like Hot Toys is on the cusp of ramping up their focus on the Disney tv shows.

I think Trinity, Morpheus and Smith from Matrix 1 are almost instant buys for most people that bought the Neo.

Takes a while. I recall spending years...and I mean YEARS waiting for Hot Toys to do a Matrix Neo.

So pretty happy when that happened.

I?m quietly optimistic we will hear a bit more once John Wick and Matrix 4 hits. But then again, seems like Hot Toys is on the cusp of ramping up their focus on the Disney tv shows.

I think Trinity, Morpheus and Smith from Matrix 1 are almost instant buys for most people that bought the Neo.

I still hope we can get those three during Matrix 4 promotion, or after.

Anyone else got Redman Toys' The One (Reloaded) on preorder? My dealer is getting it in next week.
Please post pics when you receive it. I've got my old venerable custom "priest" version of Neo, which I love, but curious to see if this new one has any improvements that I could update mine with.

Anyone else got Redman Toys' The One (Reloaded) on preorder? My dealer is getting it in next week.
Yes please post pics. The promo pics look very good. The coat looks very nicely fitted. Can’t say that about the previous third party releases I’ve seen. This one seems like almost Kato tailoring level. Maybe not almost. But closer than I’ve seen so far.

I’ve got the cyberkiller on preorder. So probably don’t want to drop another $200-300 in quick succession in the next month or so.

Right now ive got medicom Neo and the really old Triad Toys reloaded Neo from way way back. And of course Hot Toys Neo with Robbie the painter’s custom glasses.

Please post pics when you receive it. I've got my old venerable custom "priest" version of Neo, which I love, but curious to see if this new one has any improvements that I could update mine with.
You got pics of your custom?

I passed on this since I prefer the Reloaded look and I figured HT would inevitably make it. Obviously I was mistaken... Maybe M4trix will make them revisit the license..

I passed on this since I prefer the Reloaded look and I figured HT would inevitably make it. Obviously I was mistaken... Maybe M4trix will make them revisit the license..

I ended up picking this up very very late as I was hesitant on the inaccurate sunglasses which is such a crucial part of the Neo look. But when I saw some custom sunglasses for sale, I simply had to pick this up. Fortunately I was able to pick one up at retail price.

I always wanted a figure with the matrix 1 look but the reloaded/revolutions look sort of grew on me over the years particularly after getting a couple of reloaded Neos. Seem like most third parties over the years tend to skip making matrix 1.

Nice. Looks better than my triad toys Neo for sure. Is this the recent third party release?

I think the redman toys version has a shorter neck.
Thanks! It's actually several years old and not a full figure release. I built it up using the outfit set that was available back then. The head and glasses came from Ebay, if not mistaken. Threw in a spare body and a base from ToysWorks.

Edit: I checked and I made this figure back in 2015! How time flies...

I ended up picking this up very very late as I was hesitant on the inaccurate sunglasses which is such a crucial part of the Neo look. But when I saw some custom sunglasses for sale, I simply had to pick this up. Fortunately I was able to pick one up at retail price.

I always wanted a figure with the matrix 1 look but the reloaded/revolutions look sort of grew on me over the years particularly after getting a couple of reloaded Neos. Seem like most third parties over the years tend to skip making matrix 1.
If M4trix comes and goes and there's no new HT figures, I'll put this Neo in my "To Buy" list. I'm still holding out hope though. Unless of course they just make M4trix Old Man Neo and that's that. We'll see, I guess.

Don’t suppose these would work on Trinity, would they?

I haven't ordered them yet, I meant to get a pair as a backup just in case. I might get the head too, I've been thinking of seeing if I can do a dojo Neo, there's a combo pack of a KO Hot Toys head and the glasses for $26.

Back