Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice choice in going with Scar. a-dev in his earlier post was right on the money where ideally the JH or CH would be the go to Predator if you were to have just one being that they’re the originals, but like he said, neither of those figures are the best Predator figure. I have MMS90 JH and have had it boxed up since 2018 because it looks so antiquated next to my current Predators. I have CH 2.0, P2 Elder 2.0, Scar 2.0, Wolf 2.0, Berserker, and Classic. Out of those, Scar I feel is the best as far as craftsmanship and having shelf presence goes. Celtic would be a good choice also for the same reasons, but if you only want one, I’d go with Scar since he was the main Predator in AvP.

Managed to pick one up for a good price, it does have some issues that I'm hoping forum members can help with. Mostly just things that need gluing but one thing I can't figure out is how to get the breathing tubes out of the backpack thing to go for the unmasked look. It didn't come with an instruction manual but from what I can figure out from reviews you are just suppose to be able to yank them out. Guessing the previous owner glued them in? Wondering if it's worth just removing them from the back pack(Since they aren't suppose to connect here anyways, according to the film. They are suppose to go into the collar).

Also, anyone know how to get to the battery compartment? Want to make sure previous owner didn't leave them in there where they could leak.

Any thoughts to ideas? Thanks

If you can’t get the hoses out of the pack, then yeah, cutting them out where the ends are flush with the pack I don’t think would be a big deal. Like you said, even though HT made it where that’s where they connect, that’s not where they’re supposed to connect. I just tucked mine out of sight behind his dreads.

As far as the battery compartment, the top half of the pack is detachable and the battery compartment is on the body underneath that.

If you can’t get the hoses out of the pack, then yeah, cutting them out where the ends are flush with the pack I don’t think would be a big deal. Like you said, even though HT made it where that’s where they connect, that’s not where they’re supposed to connect. I just tucked mine out of sight behind his dreads.

As far as the battery compartment, the top half of the pack is detachable and the battery compartment is on the body underneath that.
That did the trick for the battery. Thanks!

My favorite Hot Toys Predator figure :

6A0157D5-D810-4179-ADC5-9AED002059EC.jpeg

More in my Instagram :

I sadly missed out on the scar HT predator.☹️ What are the chances of HT re-issuing the Scar Predator with the hype from the newly released Movie? ..I can dream, can’t I

Back