Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one that is in great condition, except for he ankles. The ankles are weak or broken, it is hard to say.

I dream of one day being able to swap the body with a Phicen TB League, who knows...

It is available if you are interested.

I am keeping my unmasked Raimi Spidey though.

Most likely broken. I have taken apart and repaired several sm3 ankles. They used very weak plastic for the ankles for some reason. I?ve never seen a hot toys figure with this bad of a problem before.

Even the repair is difficult to remain permanent. I put magnets in the feet of mine to simulate wall sticking. It was a fun option but I was always disappointed in the execution of the figure. Particularly the proportions and the seamless neck/mask since it ended up looking g like a turkey neck hanging down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately the ankles are still holding up fine on the one I bought a couple years ago, although I do try to be extra careful with them.

Really looking forward to having some other Raimi figures to display him with after all this time.

Attachments

• 8525C2E2-7805-46F7-B7DE-0185188E4B02.jpeg
    8525C2E2-7805-46F7-B7DE-0185188E4B02.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 37
  • D3EAF974-04B5-467A-8F58-83DABEF43B48.jpeg
    D3EAF974-04B5-467A-8F58-83DABEF43B48.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 38
  • 923FB9F4-4FE3-4CFF-8560-A4234F516AB6.jpeg
    923FB9F4-4FE3-4CFF-8560-A4234F516AB6.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 280812D4-3DF6-4105-819B-B41B2039294D.jpeg
    280812D4-3DF6-4105-819B-B41B2039294D.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 33
  • F7914D7B-C32D-4B64-8ABA-2F06BE3F3571.jpeg
    F7914D7B-C32D-4B64-8ABA-2F06BE3F3571.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 663E42D7-B2FA-494E-9E3F-6C2CB9A14612.jpeg
    663E42D7-B2FA-494E-9E3F-6C2CB9A14612.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 8B07A527-245A-4436-9AB3-47FD7AAD6908.jpeg
    8B07A527-245A-4436-9AB3-47FD7AAD6908.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 9F402EA0-2AB0-4163-93BD-C396582E0855.png
    9F402EA0-2AB0-4163-93BD-C396582E0855.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
I was wondering the same! No idea where this comes from!

Price is not cheap. But it looks good...

I am confident HT will make the Rami suit from the video game or maybe it will show up in No Way Home, but HT is going to make this suit again.

I am confident HT will make the Rami suit from the video game or maybe it will show up in No Way Home, but HT is going to make this suit again.
I considered this before I bought this figure, and what swung me is that a reissue is likely to be made of the more modern material that you can't pose without damaging the suit, while this one has a cloth material that you can pose forever with no worries.

I've managed to find this figure for sale for a decent price and I'm wondering if hes worth it at all? I know the NWH version looks miles better but can anyone who has this figure say if it's worth it? Just wondering if it looks better in hand and stuff. I'm conflicted since i could get this figure and go nuts with the posing and then museum pose the NWH figure. A lot of pictures make this guy look kinda off and I'm wondering if thats the same in hand too.

I've managed to find this figure for sale for a decent price and I'm wondering if hes worth it at all? I know the NWH version looks miles better but can anyone who has this figure say if it's worth it? Just wondering if it looks better in hand and stuff. I'm conflicted since i could get this figure and go nuts with the posing and then museum pose the NWH figure. A lot of pictures make this guy look kinda off and I'm wondering if thats the same in hand too.
Its old with older manufacturing and quality standards.. They definitely improved since then. Its questionable why anyone would pick this up. It was good for the time but its 2022 now...

Its old with older manufacturing and quality standards.. They definitely improved since then. Its questionable why anyone would pick this up. It was good for the time but its 2022 now...
Yeah alright imma skip it and put my money to the new one. I can't find a single video where the figure actually looks good so it's a no go for me now.

Yes. It is the same in hand. There were many problems with this figure even though back in the day it was the height of 1/6 technology in terms of suit printing and articulation. I can’t imagine buying this figure again after all the problems I remember having with it.

1. Weak ankles that sometimes turned into broken ankles.
2. Weak wrist pegs that would snap too easily if you didn’t do the boil and pop method.
3. Turkey neck because of the extra fabric under the chin
4. Terrible proportions, too muscular and too tall
5. The red fabric suit would bunch up over the undersuit causing it to look like crap

Yeah alright imma skip it and put my money to the new one. I can't find a single video where the figure actually looks good so it's a no go for me now.
I have it and I love it. I have it posed dynamically with the third party Doc Ock and Green Goblin figures and together they make an awesome display.

I am getting the new version as well, but he'll be in pretty much a museum pose together with Tom Holland and Andrew Garfield Spideys.

It all depends on how you want to display it - the old one definitely is lacking when in a museum pose, but looks great in dynamic poses.

I also have the black version of the suit which is awesome.

I have it and I love it. I have it posed dynamically with the third party Doc Ock and Green Goblin figures and together they make an awesome display.

I am getting the new version as well, but he'll be in pretty much a museum pose together with Tom Holland and Andrew Garfield Spideys.

It all depends on how you want to display it - the old one definitely is lacking when in a museum pose, but looks great in dynamic poses.

I also have the black version of the suit which is awesome.

I agree. At certain angles it looks its age and there are things like the weak ankles and wrist pegs always breaking that bothered me but I still think if you are able to get it into a solid pose it looks great. I'll be keeping mine even when the new one comes out.

Ok, thanks for the replies guys! The seller also has the black suit for sale as well and I'm considering getting that one instead since it looks like a better figure and doesn't have the no chin problem this one does. I have the thunder toys Spider-Man cause i thought he looked better than the hot toys, (still kinda think he does) but hes too tall and i can't get certain classic spidey poses. Unlikely they'll reissue the black suit, so I'll probably pick that one up. It still has some issues but they seem less promiment on the black suit figure.

Ok, thanks for the replies guys! The seller also has the black suit for sale as well and I'm considering getting that one instead since it looks like a better figure and doesn't have the no chin problem this one does. I have the thunder toys Spider-Man cause i thought he looked better than the hot toys, (still kinda think he does) but hes too tall and i can't get certain classic spidey poses. Unlikely they'll reissue the black suit, so I'll probably pick that one up. It still has some issues but they seem less promiment on the black suit figure.
Yeah, the black suit has the head that you can scan swap which makes it look way better, unlike the red where the head costume is connected to the main body in a single piece. It is technically accurate with the movie costume, but I'd rather be able to swap the head as well - thankfully the new suit will cater for that!

Yeah, the black suit has the head that you can scan swap which makes it look way better, unlike the red where the head costume is connected to the main body in a single piece. It is technically accurate with the movie costume, but I'd rather be able to swap the head as well - thankfully the new suit will cater for that!
Yeah might pick up the black suit then, it seems like the better figure

Back