Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesn’t have the cgi weightlessness that the newer versions have.

The same sort of thing was said about Tobey at the time. Roger Ebert wrote this:

Remember the first time you saw the characters defy gravity in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"? They transcended gravity, but they didn't dismiss it: They seemed to possess weight, dimension and presence. Spider-Man as he leaps across the rooftops is landing too lightly, rebounding too much like a bouncing ball. He looks like a video game figure, not like a person having an amazing experience.

Can you walk us through your mods? Obviously a cut job on the head and neck to reveal the Toby head and looks like you modified or changed the body under the suit. New foot pad soles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and old mod from youtube to make the masked head separate from the body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rlSC7yE1Y go to 2:36 in the clip and he talks about the mod.
I then cut horizontal along the webs and the blue part meet up. That allowed me to remove the suit. I placed it on a TbL m32 body (see page 870). Went with the HC web shooters because it covered the arms/wrist. The original hands are just to tight to put on on the Tbl wrist pegs. I'll have to mod those by making the hole in each hand larger. I snapped two wrist pegs just trying the swap out the hands on the original body and is one of the reason I tried a body swap. I also had to new soles for the bottoms of the boots as they are not one piece on the original body. They are 4. I used tree of the four parts and had to provide new feet so they would attach to the TbL ankle peg.

It was not easy and I would not suggest you try this unless you have modded many figures before this. I'm still happy I did this as now I have a figure that I can animate and is super posable. Medicom Rah Spiderman was one of the best, as far as posing, but that body was way to fragile and broke many times when I did my movie (four times). I think this Tbl conversion will stand the test of time.

a9ec1f585a3453801ad2784bfee84706.jpg
f83a86065bbe9f14a1853505036cd23e.jpg
63c145d677ecd33c960527150e69315e.jpg
e8f9e2bbd46d99627d7e12dfa8a8685c.jpg
c6abc761ea5c3fa3b65ef2496623b4db.jpg

That’s an awesome mod. Here’s a battle damaged I did with some similar techniques that I later sold. My big regret is not changing the body like you did.

a9ec1f585a3453801ad2784bfee84706.jpg
f83a86065bbe9f14a1853505036cd23e.jpg
63c145d677ecd33c960527150e69315e.jpg
e8f9e2bbd46d99627d7e12dfa8a8685c.jpg
c6abc761ea5c3fa3b65ef2496623b4db.jpg

That’s an awesome mod. Here’s a battle damaged I did with some similar techniques that I later sold. My big regret is not changing the body like you did.

WOW! Thanks came out great. I wonder if the body I used M32) was around when you did your custom?

I wish they’d go back to the earlier movies and come up with a spidey 2 version.

A battle ravaged Spider-Man :thud: :thud: :thud:

That is excellent!!! :clap If it was a release, I'd buy twenty.

That was my favorite Toybiz fig back in the day. Well done!

WOW! Thanks came out great. I wonder if the body I used M32) was around when you did your custom?

Thanks guys! The m32 was out actually and I even thought about it but from experience the phicens are too tall for most heads as they seem to make the heads appear small. But seeing your mod it looks perfect!

I was wondering, does this figure hold up? I always held off getting a 1/6 Spidey because I wanted the classic comic version but it looks like that might never happen so this is probably the next best thing. Is this figure hopelessly outclassed by today's standards?

If your patient I can almost guarentee a suit that's closer or even the classic suit. Plenty of $$$ on the table Hot Toys wont leave sitting around there. As for this figure it's still an excellent figure to own. Not super outclassed by any means imo.

I?m hoping with the Marvel?s Spider-Man game line we?d get a newer version of the Raimi suit Spider-Man.

Back