1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pictures! Still rooting for this character to show in the Obiwan series even as a Force ghost.
In a flashback maybe but it was told in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Season 6 Voices" that Qui-Gon could not achieve physical manifestation since he was unable to finish his training.

You can easily get this guy new for under 300 shipped still. Preowned $240 shipped. Look at Bst on facebook and Ebay. I would get him soon though. see douku and krennic
I really wanted to like Dooku sculpt. Big Sir Chris fan. Likeness just missed enough. Qui-Gon is better, it just made me remember that movie. Passed there too. Surprising how high some of the after markers are. If you passed when it was available I figure you really don’t want it.

He’s 340US on TBA with free shipping.
Yeah I was planning on buying it from there but I saw him on a site called ToysWire for much cheaper but they didn't have a shipping option for NZ and after messaging them I still haven't gotten a response back about it, so I might just bite the bullet and buy from TBA.

Edit: Ended up just buying from ToysWonderland as they had faster shipping.

Last edited:
I need to unsee this, help...
ZWVMEQhTB-LhvCM_JBiozWOtHYtEUoLhdNqpy23fhgw.jpg

^^^Great diorama!^^^

I really like this portrait. But like most HT portraits, it's another one that is finely crafted with great paint that looks great from certain angles, and off in others.
Look at the debate that's raging over in the Bespin Lando thread right now! Same issues with that portrait only in my opinion, this one for Qui-Gon gets cloer to the mark than the Lando one does. (to be fair, still waiting for some in-hand shots of lando before making a final determination).

After my photo session in the desert with it, I'm more sold than ever on this figure. It really captures the essence of the character.

QUI-GON JINN 049.jpg

QUI-GON JINN 050.jpg

^^^Great diorama!^^^

I really like this portrait. But like most HT portraits, it's another one that is finely crafted with great paint that looks great from certain angles, and off in others.
Look at the debate that's raging over in the Bespin Lando thread right now! Same issues with that portrait only in my opinion, this one for Qui-Gon gets cloer to the mark than the Lando one does. (to be fair, still waiting for some in-hand shots of lando before making a final determination).

After my photo session in the desert with it, I'm more sold than ever on this figure. It really captures the essence of the character.

View attachment 541018

View attachment 541019
More great shots that really show what a good camera can do!

I'd put the sculpt on the better side of most of what I own, which actually is a lot of MCU and ASMUS, Of course HT got better with time, but when I think about it the only sculpt I have that is a total 100%, eerie likeness is IW Bucky; maybe ASMUS Elrond, Theoden and Gimli.

Have a few that I don't think are as good as this, for sure. Or are as finely detailed/painted in hand. Then there's the excellent costume and accessories with this. The fig is a pleasure to work with. Am not doing much OT and mix it up on the shelf, so will see what the Obi-Wan series brings to go with (along with my original Sideshow Obi-Wan)

Back