Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RREEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY

bnXUi5x.jpg

vM0i6ov.jpg

dwwZRzD.jpg

7piAUZa.jpg

Still the best Rey figure IMO. So many accessories that came with this one. I have this, resistance rey, and TROS. The TROS costume is cool, but I'm probably in the minority that think the TROS sculpt is the worst of the bunch.

Yeah I think this Rey is still a solid figure, and I like her overall look in TFA the most.

The film promised hope for the franchise and this figure set still looks fantastic so I've kept it.

Rey/BB8, Finn, Jakku Trooper and the TIE Fighter pilot are my only sequel figures.

I'm probably in the minority that think the TROS sculpt is the worst of the bunch.

Nah, a lot of people derided the TROS sculpt from the prototype pictures. I still have this and had the TLJ but refused to buy anything TROS related so I can't compare them personally. People did say it was better in person although some bias tends to comes with that.

They never got Rey right though. All I can really say is that I think the TFA is the best likeness but the the blank expression is off-putting. The TLJ is the best sculpt of someone else that's not Ridley. The TROS is a sculpt.

Yeah I've never liked that TROS sculpt and finally got around to putting a TFA head on the figure, and it's working so much better for me now. It's certainly not the greatest SW sculpt we've ever gotten, but it's at least a bit more cute and girly looking like she should be.

View attachment 628651
I went back and forth between the TFA/TROS head for my Resistance Rey and eventually kept the TFA look because it captured her spirit (and TFA hairstyle) better. I did feel that the TROS head had a slightly stronger likeness to Daisy Ridley though. (I may post the comparison shots if I find them again)

But I'm curious, how did you light up her lightsaber?

I went back and forth between the TFA/TROS head for my Resistance Rey and eventually kept the TFA look because it captured her spirit (and TFA hairstyle) better. I did feel that the TROS head had a slightly stronger likeness to Daisy Ridley though. (I may post the comparison shots if I find them again)

But I'm curious, how did you light up her lightsaber?
I just inserted a tiny yellow SMD led in the hilt. Unfortunately it's not as bright as the regular 3mm leds HT uses, but it works well enough for me.

Back